December 22, 2014 | 939 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my new favorite shampoo. I have fine straight hair cut in a chin-length bob, and I have a lot of trouble with my hair being flat and weighed down. I use this shampoo twice a week, and it gets my hair so clean that it is wonderfully bouncy afterwards. I do find that this shampoo cleans so deeply that I definitely need some conditioning afterwards. I follow this with Nexxus Therappe shampoo for a more conditioning cleansing; then I use a bit of spray-on conditioner (my favorite is Brocato Swell Volume Leave-In Volumizing Conditioner) after I get out of the shower. This shampoo smells great too. I don't think I've loved any shampoo as much as I love this one.

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Stearic Acid, Sugar Cane Extract, Amino Methyl Propanol, Hexylcinnamal, Linalool, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Lemon Fruit Extract, Apple Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 12/10/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by debipyrch

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used this shampoo daily for the last 5 years and is the ONLY shampoo I can use on my fine hair that removes all impurities (we have community well water) and leaves my hair WONDERFUL and NOT itchy. All it is is a shampoo without all the heavy conditioners and heavy perfumes. Like Consumer Reports has mentioned you can't wash your clothes clean with a soap/conditioner combo. Likewise I feel the same goes with shampoo/conditioner combo. I try switching with other shampoos like B&B Sunday or Paula Beqouns shampoo and my scalp starts itching again. I follow up with Pureology Hydrate conditioner. I use no other products in my hair except perhaps Aveda Hair spray. When I come back from getting my hair cut I have to wash my hair sometimes 3 times with shampoo, this shampoo, to get rid of all the junk the beautifician put in my hair, ie., mousse and perfumes. Sometimes it takes 4 days to get rid of the perfume. Every time I get my hair cut the beautifican mentions my hair is in great conditioner, shiny, soft, despite being over 60, despite having a thyroid problem which caused the itchiness (and using a coconut conditoner that dried out my hair and exacerbated the itchiness before I knew I had a thyroid problem). I plan to use on my dogs who are having itchy skin problems and I now believe their itching may be caused by dog shampoos that do not remove impurities. this is meant for the hair cleansing cream shamppo.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

If I had to use just one hair product for the rest of my life, this would be it. I have always had an itchy, oily scalp that could not go a day without washing.. by the second day my scalp will start secreting sebum (sorry so gross!) and my hair will somehow be limp and oily yet dehydrated at the same time. My hair strands are very thick and straight and so it has a tendency to become rough at the ends. I've always tried to incorporate some kind of clarifying ritual into my hair including using apple cider vinegar as a rinse.. I even went all out and did the "no poo" thing for a while.. but it never really worked that well. So ever since I bought this hair cleansing cream (about a month ago now) my hair has been so HEALTHY and HAPPY! :D Yay! I can actually make it up to day 3 now and my strands are now full of volume, grease-free and shiny! Oh so shiny. I'll be repurchasing for the rest of my life. I just can't get over how detox-ed this makes my hair feel, and because it is so free of build-up/residue, my hair absorbs conditioner better. Thank you redken!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff. Great clarifying shampoo for my dry, thick and coarse hair. Hair was lovely and soft with this followed by Pureology Hydrate conditioner. I didn't find it too drying or harsh -- and you only need a bit to get the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this shampoo! If you have thin, oily hair then this is most certainly for you. I only wash my hair twice a week and I'll use this every third wash. I was using Herbal Essences Naked Mint Clarifying Shampoo and while that was ok I needed something new for my freshly color treated hair. This leaves my hair soft, manageable, shiny and completely oil free which really aids in extending the amount of time I can go without washing. I always follow up any Clarifying Shampoo with a deep conditioning mask even though I have thin hair that gets weighed down easily. That's my only rule: if you have thin hair that gets oily easily only use a deep hair mask after a Clarify and NEVER after a gentle shampoo. Redken's All Soft Heavy Cream Super Treatment is a perfect follow up to this. While I paid $18 for the little bottle at my local beauty supply store I was told after my first bottle runs out that I can bring it in and get half off of my next bottle. And since I only use this shampoo after every third wash while only washing my hair twice a week this should last me a good amount of time. Will repurchase for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

This is a splendid shampoo. I use it once a week when I've been using more product in my hair than usual and it completely cleans my hair without stripping it (which is a cliché but my hair has never been softer...ever). The cost is about $15 and though it's steep, for an infrequently used shampoo which leaves me with such soft, conditioned and manageable hair, it's worth it to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I couldnt find my true love "Joico - K-PAK Chelating Shampoo". I thought OK, I'll get this, such amazing reviews it should be the same. Ummm...in no way does this perform the same way. I dont know what magic is in the Joico stuff, which gets all the hard water deposits outta my hair and instantly becomes soft and managable and my uber dry, wiry, kninky colored hair looks like a model after I use the Joico.
The Redken just stripped my hair dry and made it into the biggest brillo pad you have ever imagined. I usually co-wash and do a clarify before I get my grays covered once a month.
So I stuck with this for several months, well because I couldnt find my Joico. Well each time just horrible!! I searched the ends of the earth for the Joico (amazon really ;]) Washed, used one of my two holy grail conditioners..".Enjoy" or AG Smooth Sleeek Argan Conditioner.
So long story if you ever wondered between the two, hands down the Joico. BTW, it is the only Joico product I love.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by bflytilidy

This shriveled up some of my strands and broke them off (like when you use too harsh bleach or something). Horrible product and I would love my money back, but can't find my receipt. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by pandasteaks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a creamy shampoo that will pull all the gunk out of your hair without weighing you down or over drying. I like to use this after using sticky products like hairspray and water wax. It's also great for after the beach when your hair has been exposed to the sun, salt, and sand. It clarifies and softens the hair.

The lather is thick and creamy. The smell is subtle, slightly citrus-y, very pleasant and not overwhelming.

Follow up after this shampoo with a thorough rinse and your favorite lightweight conditioner and your hair will thank you! It leaves your hair silky soft, smelling nice and clean, and bouncy. The price isn't amazing, but use your drugstore salon product sales and coupons the right way and you can get it for a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by lime2000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the most amazing hair product I've ever purchased! The scent is amazing- sort of citrus but clean smelling. After using it my hair was noticeably shinier. My hair is grossly course, but this softened it, giving it a silky touch. I would definitely repurchase.