September 17, 2014 | 2231 users online

Shampoo - Paul Mitchell - Shampoo Three

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by Musa15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Holy soft beautiful hair!

This is a life saver, I have straight, natural, uncolored hair and for the past 3 mos (since I moved to Germany) it has looked horrible. The hard water caused it to tangle, break and become sticky and gummy. My hair had honestly never looked so bad, it lost its sheen and I was losing a lot of hair, some of it due to breakage. The ends were split and a lot of strands had multiple splits. My once HG hair products were rendered ineffective; argan oil, biosilk, chi silk drops did NOTHING to my hair, in fact, it was kind of weird to slather products in my hair and never see an effect, not even a bit of shininess.
I knew some of the damage was due to hard water build up in my hair and asked my mom to send me a chelating shampoo. Ulta didn't have the Joico k-pak chelating shampoo and so the SAs convinced my mom to buy this one. I was initially skeptical because it seemed it was geared towards chlorine build up and not calcium/ion build up. But I did notice that the ingredients listed 3 types of EDTA, the ingredient that causes the mineral build up to dislodge from the hair. Fast forward 2 washes, and my hair is in unbelievable shape, it is soft silky, tangle free and in amazing condition. This is a miracle worker and I am so happy with the results, I keep touching my soft hair :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2014 10:54:00 PM More reviews by kiwigal99

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm actually pretty surprised, this works pretty well. I live in an area with hard water and didn't realize how it was affecting my hair. I used this (my mom bought it for when we went to the pool) and my hair is now shinier and lighter (in weight).

It doesn't feel like it strips my hair, it is very gentle but removes all of the hard water and the build up from my hair products. This is a close second to my Redken Cleansing Cream.

My only complaint is that I got a really big bottle, and it doesn't come with a pump. So I have to pick up this big heavy bottle and risk dropping it on my foot from slippery suds.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Beatrice28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought the travel / trial size version at Ulta for just $4.50 and had zero expectations. Just needed a chelating shampoo since my home as hard-ish water. But wow, this has been wonderful!! I've tried countless expensive shampoos and conditioners the past 3 years (Aveda, Ojon, Bumble & Bumble, organic brands from Whole Foods), trying to find a combo that would leave my fine but dry and kinda frizzy hair smooth and soft. NOTHING has helped except for this.

This glides through your hair and leaves it so clean-feeling yet super soft. Amazingly, it also doesn't strip my color. And I've noticed significantly less hair in the drain. I'm thinking of using this as my regular shampoo!! I'm guessing the magic of this shampoo lies in its 3 chelating agents (tetrasodium, trisodium, and disodium EDTA) plus large amount of the humectant urea. Anyway, this is awesome!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 6:05:00 AM More reviews by goldieb19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Overall, though this product doesn't work exactly like I intended it to, I have really come to love it. To give you a brief overview of my hair type, it is normally oily at the roots (mostly at the crown) within 12-24 hours after washing, has a natural wave, and contains tons of split ends, breakage, and extremely dry and frizzy ends due to numerous bleaching and dye jobs over the past year. I bought this shampoo thinking that it would be a great 3-4 times weekly clarifying shampoo for my oily hair, but it doesn't really work for me as a stand alone shampoo. This is a REALLY strong clarifying shampoo (unlike the super inexpensive Suave version and others that are deemed gentle enough for daily use),.and I feel like using it more than once or twice a week just causes my scalp to produce even MORE oil. Also, because my ends are dry and brittle, it can be a little harsh on them, and I feel like using this shampoo and then having to slather my hair in conditioner to make up for the dryness is kind of defeating the purpose of clarifying. However, because my regular shampoo is sulfate free and contains a lot of Argan oil, I like to use the Paul Mitchell Shampoo Three either once a week (before a deep conditioning mask) or sometimes even as sort of a base shampoo before using my everyday shampoo, if my hair feels like it could use extra washing. I've also found that this is great shampoo if you are looking to remove strong odors from your hair. I am around a lot of secondhand smoke, and this immediately removes the smell of cigarettes. As for the smell of the shampoo...to each his/her own. It smells like extremely sweet spearmint gum, and while I don't have a problem with it (as it doesn't linger after you rinse it out) some people might. But overall, I do recommend this as a great weekly clarifying shampoo, or as a base shampoo to be used before your regular hair care routine.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:49:00 PM More reviews by MsHolleGolightly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product is really nice. I swear my hair had crazy build up and had a red tint to it which is not normal (I think we have SERIOUS hard water in my condo). Anywho, I bought this and my hair is no longer a red tint and it is a million times softer and more manageable. Only thing is I don't have any other cleansing shampoo to go by but this one is def. nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2012 9:38:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I like to clarify once a week before I deep condition. When I saw a trial size of this at my local Ulta Store, I decided to buy it. I'm glad I did. This left my hair completely clean and ready for my deep conditioner. The final results were soft, healthy hair full of volume and shine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2012 8:54:00 AM More reviews by loveoutdoors

Picked up a small bottle as my hair felt like it had a buildup which regular shampoo couldn't tackle. Used the clarifying (shampoo three) and I no longer feel the buildup. It didn't strip my hair as some clarifying shampoos have in the past, just took off the product buildup nicely without leaving my hair like straw. Will keep in rotation and use as needed.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Maxxie4812

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow, after one application all the chlorine was gone from my two week holiday in the pool! My hair is so shiny and easy to manage again. The smell was really light and no trace at all when my hair was dry. Will take on every holiday from now on.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by Kkate142

I have a pool in the backyard so I swim most of the summer and spring time and even in the winter (arizona is HOT).....But i have blonde hair so this remves the gross green tint my hair can have sometimes.I also love the way it smells, I don't use it all the time kjust after I swim, but once a week before a deep condition.I wuld definetly reccmmend and the price is not bad for the amount of product.One bottle lasts me 3-4 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 2:26:00 PM More reviews by leachele

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great clarifying shampoo. Helps gets rid of buildup.
I use it once a week and whenever I go swimming to get the chlorine out of my hair.