Dove Energy Glow Brightening Moisturizer SPF 15

3.9

on 1/10/2010 3:19:00 PM

I meticulously apply sunscreen already so this is not a sunscreen review - the SPF15 is a nice addition though. I use this moisturizer after I get out of the shower (at night) as my skin is normally very dry after showering (otherwise it's combo/oily).

This provides a good base for makeup, especially mineral makeup that would otherwise appear too powdery on your skin. The consistency is nice and absorbs quickly without feeling too heavy.

I am not a fan of the scent but it doesn't linger for long.

on 8/29/2009 10:33:00 AM

For all of those who love this moisturizer-- I just picked it up for 2$ at Dollar-rama (in Canada)! I also bought the face wash. I figure that Dove is usually a pretty safe brand, and if I hated it I would only be out a few dollars.

I was a bit hesitant to try it because I found that the energy glow body moisturizer left streaks, but I'm happy to see so many positive reviews.

on 8/19/2009 6:20:00 PM

My biggest beef with most sunscreens, especially facial ones, is that they tend to leave this rubbery film on your face, which I hate. This was the first product I've tried that didn't. I initially thought it would be too heavy for summer, but it wasn't, which was a pleasant surprise.

As for the sparkles some have mentioned, I initially had no idea what they were talking about. I eventually discovered that if I held a blob of it on my hand up to direct sunlight, there was a bit of a glimmer, but I certainly saw no such thing on my face, no matter how hard I looked. Maybe there's a difference in formula between countries?

In any case, I would be more than happy to re-purchase, but I can't seem to find it anymore. I'm experimenting with substitutes, but have yet to find another without the rubbery residue issue.

on 10/12/2008 8:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

My biggest complaint about this product is that you run out so quickly, and you can't 'scrape' the last little bit out of the container! I really like this moisturizer as an every day moisturizer with spf, on a day when I'm working and I don't need a heavier spf, it feels wonderfully soft and sinks in, even my 16 year old daughter wears it under her makeup and getting her to put sunscreen on is a major feat. The cost here in Canada is $13.99 and you don't get very much product for that. That being said, I would buy it again, it's good stuff!

on 4/19/2008 10:31:00 PM

I remember using this a lot up to last year. That was when i decided to try something new after someone asked me why my face was so sparkly. It was true! My face had tiny sparkles on it but i though it looked nice until other people started noticing. Other than that, this product is nicely moisturising, feels nice and smooth when you put it on. Only other complaint is the packaging because the lotion ran out quickly and I felt as though there may be more in the bottle which i can't get out. Otherwise, this is good stuff and I think i'll start using this again.

on 3/1/2008 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i'm already on my 3rd bottle of this stuff.it's one of the more affordable facial moisturizers, and since i use dove soap on my body as well i knew i would have good results. it's non-greasy and doesn't leave my skin feeling dry or tight. i love how soft it makes my skin feel too. dove makes amazing products so i would recommend this moisturizer in a second!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Im just like all u women out there...We love to keep trying new products Holding on to the hope that the next one we try mite be a miracle product that gives us smooth blemish free, perfect skin with not a wrinkle in sight...ahh Alas this just sets us up for an impossible task.... I will say that every one needs to learn how to read an ingredients list This is how we can pick our skincare wisely This moisturiser isnt for everyone no product is But for those of u with normal to dry skin will love this.It has lots of antioxidants and water binding agents which have been proven to help defend the skin against the odds All the new and latest research is still being ignored by various companys when these ingredients truely do help our skin Dove is one company who evolves with the latest research....This is one great formulation ladies give it a go...

on 12/19/2007 8:28:00 PM

I really like this lotion. I noticed, after using this, that my skin looked better and I, unlike others, do not even notice the "sparkles" ... like, in the least.

The only downside to this product is that I can't find it ANYWHERE. Only the Energy Glow products (self tanners) are stocked in the stores in D.C.-area. So, I've taken to purchasing this online.

on 12/7/2007 11:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my favourite moisturizer! Love that it has UVA and UVB protection and yet it doesn't make me break out. I like the subtle shimmer and the light, Dove scent. Also, the hygienic pump is great. I'll buy this again and again.

on 9/27/2007 1:36:00 AM

I like this product because it works well with my combo skin, and doesn't migrate into my eyes like some lotions tend to do. I have never really been bothered by the sparkles on my face but they are there in the right light. It is thick but does not cause breakouts, and the hygenic pump pack is a plus as well. As much as I agree with the marketing strategies Dove takes for their products you may not know that Unillever is also in charge of the Lynx range of young mens toilietries that have advertsing that isn't exacly promoting the acceptance of all female body types. Still, all politics/marketing angles aside, I have bought this one again and again.