Lumene Energy Cocktail pampering drops

4.5

Aqua (Water); Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil; Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride; Hydrogenated Polydecene; Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil; Squalane; Glycerin; Tocopheryl Acetate; Panthenol; Phenoxyethanol; Rubus Chamaemorus Seed Oil; Oxycoccus Palustris Seed Oil; Hydroxyethylcellulose; Benzophenone-4; PEG-8; Methylparaben; Hippophae Rhamnoides Oil; Tocopherol; Sodium Lactate; Lactic Acid; Serine; Sorbitol; TEA-Lactate; Urea; Butylparaben; Ethylparaben; Propylparaben; Isobutylparaben; Ascorbyl Palmitate; Sodium Hydroxide; Sodium Chloride; Ascorbic Acid; Citric Acid; Allantoin; Benzyl Alcohol; Citral; Citronellol; Hydroxyisomethylpropional; CI 14700 (Red 4); CI17200 (Red 33); Parfum (Fragrance)

on 11/13/2014 4:27:00 PM

I never write reviews. But I'm a huge fan of these drops, and had to comment. Just purchased my 3rd bottle in a row. I use these drops day and night, on freshly cleansed skin. The drops absorb rather quickly, and I only have to wait a few minutes before layering the next product. In cold weather, at night I layer a peptide cream over the drops and during the day a moisturizer with SPF. During the summer, I have the same routine during the day, but at night sometimes I only use the drops.

I love the brightness these have brought out in my skin. Unlike many other products, the drops do not break out my skin, and I never had any purging related to the drops (unlike Alpha Hydrox).

Just make sure you shake the bottle well to emulsify the drops. I find that one pump isn't enough to cover my face and two pumps is a bit too much (I use the rest on my neck). But maybe my face is bigger than most.

on 8/7/2014 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is one of the worst products out there, I was excited to try it having read all of the reviews on here, but disappointment is an understatement. I have acne prone/sensitive/oily skin and am in my late 20's. I'm always trying to find a product that will create a "glow" and get rid of a couple post acne marks, as both of these tasks are hard for me since I have slow cell renewal. Considering this was a lightweight product, I was optimistic, but boy was i disappointed! It broke me out like I was back in my teens, and was greasy more than anything else, and felt like it didn't absorb well into my skin. It's also so weird to mix because half the solution is on bottom and doesn't mix that well with the top half, save yourself an acne flareup and steer clear of this "miracle".

on 3/21/2014 4:54:00 PM

This stuff is truly amazing. It's light and refreshing and it works just about everywhere. I've used it on my hands and cuticles when they get crusty, and it makes them look amazing. It's very heavily scented, so sensitive noses might not like it as much, but I personally love the fragrance - a nice orangy citrus. tr

on 2/25/2014 10:50:00 AM

For those of you worried because it was clearance at cvs rest assured it was just Lumene going through repackaging! I work for cvs and stupid me didn't by the clearance one!

on 11/28/2013 10:08:00 PM

I have acne prone skin, with the help of spironolactone and medicated skin cleanser, this helps a lot. I have a few scars left behind from my battle with acne and this does the job of brightening and diminishing them. It also hydrates immensely. I would recommend applying on at night if you have acne prone skin. Seems when I apply under makeup, the makeup slides off and I breakout. However, when I wake up in the morning, my skin is super smooth. Literally melts into your skin after applying it. It melts is after 30 minutes, which isn't bad. The only thing I hate about this product is how fast it goes!

on 10/12/2013 8:28:00 PM

I really like this product. It makes my skin look a lot healthier. But if you got oily skin like I do, I would recommend using it only at night because if you use it in the morning it might make your skin look a bit oily.

on 12/5/2010 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is FABULOUS. I bought it because I had a bride client that had rough patches on her face and a lot of texture. This product made her skin GLOW and helped melt the makeup onto her face. Seriously, it's amazing and I've been using it on most every client ever since. I shake the bottle, squeeze a pump or two into my hands, rub them together to warm it up and press it into skin. The product has been revamped since the original post and looks/is called something slightly different but it's still recognizable.

I bought it for 20 dollars in Ulta.

on 8/4/2010 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Another MUA score for me, thank you ladies!! I'm very surprised my skin likes this so far (knock on wood) since I tend to break out easily with new facial products, not to mention that I've never tried Vit C. before and heard that it doesn't always agree with everyone. The second ingredient is Jojoba oil, which scared me b/c of my experience with the Desert Essence (see review) - a complete debacle.

I found this on sale last week at CVS for about $14, normally it's about $24 by me which is pretty pricey for how much you get. However, one pump is all I need to cover my entire face, night and day.The smell is ok, citrus-y as you'd imagine since it contains Vit C. but doesn't linger long. It takes about 5 mins for it to completely soak into my skin. I don't actually need a moisturizer afterwards which works out well since they tend to break me out anyway.

Between this and my Purpose cleanser, this is all I use and my skin looks very clean, even, brighter, and SOFT!! Definite repurchase if things continue as they are now.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This serum is pretty good. it soaks right in. i use this in the morning, under my moisturizer and sunblock and it does not leave me greasy or oily at all. i took off a lippie for the price. i got it on sale but i would not spend 20 to get this. it doesn't last long. it looks like it would have lasted longer but im halfway through the bottle and its only been 2.5 weeks. that is no bueno, especially since there are other good serums out there that are cheaper and last longer.
EDIT:
i am pretty sure this is the cause of 3 cystic pimples on my cheek. this is not good because i tend to pick and that is the worst. no problems after quiting this. its just not worth it.

on 4/23/2010 8:32:00 PM

I have been using the drops now for a year. I put it on my whole face, including around the eyes. Let it absorb for about 15 minutes and then follow with a night cream. The following morning my skin looks glowing and smooth. I haven't had any breakouts and the slight citrus scent is quite pleasant. I have tried different vitamin C products and this is my favorite. I'm on my second bottle now and this is now part of my beauty routine.