August 23, 2014 | 1426 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Infiniti Tourmaline Ceramic Straightener - 2 inch plates

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2012 12:41:00 PM More reviews by AnnM27

I <3 this straightener!!! It's my first, and my sister told me to beware of Conair and buy a Chi. I wasn't about to drop $100 when I just want one for bangs, and around my face. I have wavy fine hair so this straightener works fine on the second setting. I don't get frizz or burnt hair, but I always make sure to use products to protect my hair. It always heats up super fast, and cools off the same. I could see where you might need a higher quality straightener for thick, super curly, or coarse hair, but for wavy fine hair I don't see this being an issue.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 6:22:00 AM More reviews by Kharmah

WOW! Anyone who says their straightener was a POS, or didn't work, I don't know what to tell you, maybe ship it out and get a new one because this straightener is like the HG of straighteners.

I am half east indian/half black and have been cursed.. err.. "blessed" with the most unruly, curly, frizzy, unmanageable hair. I hated it. I just use to always wear a bun everyday because I couldn't do jack to my crappy hair.

This straightener made my hair soo smooth, shiny and silky it was almost unbelievable at first. I cranked it up all the way to 400 degrees 'cause I knew I needed it hot hot hot to really get the job done and used my CHI Iron guard spray for heat protection because.. well that is pretty friggin' hot!!

The reason why most of my straighteners sucked in the past was it could never reach such temperatures and there was no Tourmaline Ceramic plates in it.

I want to show you guys a pic I just took after I straightened my hair. I wish I took a before. I'll edit this post next time and take a picture of how it looks and then put it in here so you can see.

I mean that's pretty straight!!

I am pretty stoked I got this. Can't wait to show my boyfriend when he gets home! ( He's the one who bought it for me for Christmas. ) <3

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2010 8:34:00 PM More reviews by smirkoffice101

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Other

THis straightner was like the best in the world but it flaked out after only 9 months of using it. what really botherd me is that i didnt use it that often and i didnt even drop or anything and it still died. and for the price i paid for it. will not be getting this straightner again

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2010 8:54:00 PM More reviews by myra1996

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This flat iron is amazing! One of my all time favorite products!!!! The only complaint I have against this product is that it has buttons on the side and when I straighten my hair my fingers might accidentaly touch the buttons, and the straightner might change heat settings or turn off. It goes upto like 400 degrees farenheit, and straightens beautifully leaving your hair all shiny looking:) Defineitly recommend this wonderful straightner!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 11:17:00 PM More reviews by maybeiloveyou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay, so this is my fav hair straightener. I have tried many, but I always come back to this. It straightens but doesn't leave your hair flat! That is my biggest issue. I don't want limp, flat, thin looking hair. Mine died after several years of good use, so I bought another one. But when I used it - WTF? It was rough and pulling all my hair out. Then I looked closely at the packaging - IT WASN'T TOURMALINE! The packaging for the Ceramic Tourmaline and Ceramic (non-Tourmaline) are IDENTICAL. The lack of the tourmaline coating is what is causing the rough feeling on your hair + lots of hair being yanked out + fried hair. You really have to look closely for the tourmaline lettering on the box / iron. The tourmaline one is good, the non-tourmaline one is bad bad bad.

*My review for the TOURMALINE model* This straightens hair quickly and effectively, it really gets rid of frizz and leaves your hair smooth. It's very sleek and high-end looking, the outside is some sort of brushed metal. (aluminum? nickel?) It has 4 heat settings, an on/off switch, and a swivel cord (the part where the cord connects to the straightener moves, so you're not wrangling around with the cord & straightener). It also comes with a nice heat-resistant pouch to put the straightener in after you're done (no need to wait till it cools off). My only gripe with this is that on the edges of the straightener, where the plates meet the plastic ridge that holds them in, a few strands of hair can sometimes get caught and pulled out if you put in too much (or don't put your hair in the center or the plates). It's obviously not a handful of hair, more like 3 strands, but I'd rather avoid pulling any hair out if possible! Price was about $45.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 2:27:00 AM More reviews by Rockabillygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently brought this one because i need to replace my broke hair straightener. I brought this because it had a wet to dry feature that my last hair staightener had. This works good the plates get hot. I like that the plates are 2 inches because I like to cut my time in half and use a larger plate to make my hair straight faster.It also has somewhat of a comb in the plates.The red color is really pretty and it also has a satin touch to it that makes holding the straightener easy since it is kind of like a rubberized feel to it. What I dont like is that it doesnt smooth out the ends of my hair. I think the combs are what mess that up! I also have a problem with it pulling my hair from the sides of the plates. Other than that it works really good! I dont think i will rebuy this item because i spend 50.00 on it and i think i could of gotton a cheaper one that works better!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2010 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Laera

Ok. For me, any hairstyling tool that costs over $30 is expensive. This cost me $80 and what a WASTE of money! I thought I was getting a good deal when I bought this. Imagine -- steam, tourmaline, ceramic, ionization -- all in one! But, boy was I WRONG! I bought this product to alternate between my Maxius Maxiglide XP Straightener and this because my Maxius Maxiglide XP Straightener was too heavy. All I can say is that my heavy-as-a-5lbs-dumbell Maxius Maxiglide XP Straightener is WAY BETTER than this piece-of-crap-(beep) Infiniti Tourmaline Ceramic Straightener. The Infiniti Tourmaline Ceramic Straightener literally pulls my hair out every time I use it (26-30 strands every time). Like most of you,this thing fried my hair. I was better off doing what a friend used to do before flat irons became readily available - use an ironing board and clothes iron (super low setting). I have more split ends now than every before. I normally have thin, coarse, frizzy, wavy, parched hair and this flat iron made it worse. The only pros: heated up in 30 seconds or less, did straighten my hair, curls lasted long. But what good are the pros when one has no hair!?!?! I've used Nioxin Haircare Line #5 for 3 months now and it's helped a lot with the thinning/hair fallout (plus I rarely use this flat iron now). Also, I started taking Andrew Lessman's Healthy Hair, Skin, and Nail vitamins, and returned to using my Maxius Maxiglide XP Straightener. My hair is doing so much better now. Looking back, if I was going to spend $80 on a flat iron, I should've bought in the first place the Maxius MAXIglide MP and Maxiessentials Hair Care Set for $79 on HSN.com (item #558-278). In fact i'm going to buy it! BTW, HSN also carries the Sedu flat iron (item# 449-325) and Andrew Lessman's vitamins. Final warning: STAY AWAY FROM CONAIR FLAT IRONS!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2009 7:55:00 PM More reviews by cutiepie8723

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wow this a abosolute piece of crap. i have thick hair and this crappy ass straightner gave me tons of split ends and fried my hair and made it even frizzier. if your hair is thich and frizzy, dont waste your money on this piece of s***

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2009 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Tresha

I've been a Sedu flatiron loyalist for years, but it stops getting hot, and or the powercord malfunctions, and I have been through 4 of them. I'm tired of that, and it's getting too expensive for me, and now that I'm on a smaller budget these days and want to be more smarter with my money...I decided to try the Conair Infinity flatiron.

The plates are truly ceramic like the Sedu, so it gives me a nice shine and smooth hairshaft. It does drag on my hair a little, but I'm just going to give it a chance anyway, and I will stop using it if it's costing too much damage. It doesn't get as hot as my Sedu. I suspect the 395 is not really 395 for some reason, but for the price...I will keep the experimenting going!

UPDATE: Well, this iron doesn't get hot enough for my thick coarse hair, but it would be hot enough for someone with thin fine straight hair...but still I would not recommend it!!!! It's bulky and heavy, and I am getting lots of breakage from the snagging this iron is causing and my hair feels much more dry than usual, when the only thing I changed in my routine is my flatiron, so I'm back to my holygrail Sedu iron!!! I'll just pay the money and cut something else out of my budget to make this work out financially for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2009 8:42:00 PM More reviews by sexytresses

This iron is just OK for me. Luckily I don't have coarse thick curly hair or this would not work at all! It just doesn't get hot enough. In fact, I bought an ANDIS 1 inch straightener for 13 dollars at WalMart a few years back and it actually gets hotter than this one and the Conair was 37 bucks on sale! My mom bought it for me so I'm gonna continue to use it until it breaks. I haven't noticed any significant damage, but it kinda snags your hair.