July 28, 2014 | 1687 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Farouk CHI - Chi Ceramic Flat Iron by Farouk

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 7:32:00 PM More reviews by jercast

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I've had my chi for about 2 years now and It works great. I have not had a problem with it and it flattens my hair in a short amount of time and it makes my hair appear smooth and shiny.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Cinderelletta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've had my Chi for a little over 4 years now. My sophomore year of college, I lived across the hall from my best friend in our dorm & I was always going to borrow her Chi before class, before nights out, whatever. So, her & a bunch of my other friends pooled money together to buy me my own for my birthday that year & I've had it ever since!

After having mine for so many years and countless moves [five to be exact] it's getting a little worn, with the ceramic wearing through/chipping off, but it's still going strong & working as well as it ever did. The price definitely sucks, but I almost always see them at TJ Maxx for like $60 or $70 and Ulta has been having tons of great sales on Chi stuff lately. Such good sales I've been tempted to get myself a pretty new one!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2014 12:07:00 PM More reviews by englande

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've had my CHI for a couple years now. I haven't had any problems with it. Still going strong. I use it 4-6 times a week. This thing gets so hot!!! I have long hair and noticed the finest hairs around my face and ears are significantly damaged to the point where they have broken off and are super short and stick up in certain places. I use it on the highest temp setting which is probably why it seems to damage my fine hair. However, if I move it down to a lower temp, it doesn't do a good job of straightening smoothly. My hair will seem lumpy and still somewhat frizzy. I use a heat protectant with it, but that doesn't seem to reduce the damage all over my hair. I do like how shiny and smooth it makes my hair despite the damage. I will say it does straighten fast and well if you use a high setting and heats up in a flash. But I have reduced my usage to protect my hair. When the CHI breaks, I probably will not buy another and try something that is made to help reduce or prevent heat damage.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/18/2014 7:39:00 PM More reviews by BrutallyHonest12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It died after 2 years of use. My GHD works better but the GHD died after 2 years of use too. Just bought a Babyliss and hope it lasts more than 2 years.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I have owned two of these in the last 10 years...yes 10. They last forever. I love them and will never buy another brand. They are super hot, super reliable, and I have never had any issues with them.

When I first purchased them it was so long ago they had been only available to hair dressers and my hair dresser got one for me and I paid her. Since then they have gone down in price and are available in more places thankfully.

This is a HG tool for me and cannot be without it. The price is well worth the quality on these irons. I read others having issues with them lasting a year, I have no idea. I have never (crossing my fingers) ever had any issues with the two I have had and the first lasted me 7 years. I sued it every other day almost every week. This newer one is almost 5 years old now and not a hitch.

They make your hair very straight in one pass and barely do damage to it. I have tried many many other irons in the past that I had to pass so many times and I never got the results I get with Chi. The other damaged my hair a lot quicker as well. Make sure to use heat protectant and always deep condition as well all know now, I didn't for a long time and paid the price lol.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2014 4:48:00 AM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I already have straight hair but sometimes I want it pin straight. This straightener is overkill for the job.

Some of My complaints are: The size. I use this only for straightening my Long hair with long layers, and it takes a long time with the small plate size. You must keep your hand straight again because again, the small size. any bend of your wrist could cause a crimp or a bend in the hair. I heard there exist wider plated Chis...I should have at least bought that one.

Another thing I don't like that's also a fault on myself is, how the hell am I supposed to curl my hair with this?!?! I know many people using this for a curling iron. I must be handicapped. After so many YouTube videos, nope. Nothing. I have a CURLING IRON to CURL my hair.

Also what I don't like is the heat settings. I don't have a problem with the heat actually, but I know that would bother lots of people. Only TWO settings: ON and OFF

It's too expensive just to straighten my already straight hair. I can buy a decent straightener with wider plates for a much cheaper price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by katyrenae16

this is the BEST flat iron. I have really thick hair, so with any other flat iron, i would straighten my hair in about 5 parts. With this, I can straighten it in about 2 parts. Saves me so much time in the mornings!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:53:00 PM More reviews by krossindixon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had a chi 1" that went strong for years. Did a great job, would leave hair so hot after I ran it through that I couldn't touch my hair for a few seconds. It started dying so I purchased a new chi. I.chi must not be the same thing. I've been using the new one for a year now and it's failing. Hardly gets hot enough to straighten my hair. I have a lot of long, fine blonde hair. Shouldn't take much heat to straighten mine. This thing will hardly leave my hair warm. Had a chi hair dryer that quit blowing hot air before a year was out. I'm thinking I'll be staying away from Chi products from now on.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2013 12:41:00 PM More reviews by LetsTalkMakeup07

I bought a chi straightener for $120 I had been saving up for so long. Three months after I bought one, it stopped working. I am so disappointed with this straightener I would never purchase one again. Of you do buy one please keep the receipt safe!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by ladyak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this flat iron about two weeks ago right after my old one died (not a Chi). I must say I've never had a flat iron that worked so well. It leaves my hair pin straight. I have long (hip length) very thick wavy hair and with other flat irons it usually takes me a very long time to straighten it all. With this one I was done in 20-25 min. No snaps and no frizz if I use it with the Chi Straight Guard.
I bought mine at Winners for CAD89.99 and it normally retails at +150.00, so I'm very happy with the price. I called the Farouk phone number they have on the website to check the serial number and see if it was a fake or not, and it happens to be a real one. I also got a free 2oz Silk Infusion bottle with it.