November 28, 2014 | 1975 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Paul Mitchell - Paul Mitchell The Smoothing Iron

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 4:33:00 PM More reviews by meems

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this iron for over 7 years now and it's still going strong! I had short hair for several years and had it in storage (cord wrapped around it, ooops!). It still works like brand new now that I'm using it again. Unlike other flat irons I've tried, this one doesn't damage my hair and never leaves a crease at the top of my hair (even if I linger). It also doesn't have tons of hair ripped out from getting caught between the plate and the base. Love this, when it dies I will gladly buy another from this brand! You can't beat the quality. It might be expensive up front but it's worth it. I got mine from my hair stylist in 2006 or 2007 for around $150 but it's cheaper now (I think there have been some improvements too).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by italiana800

Coming from someone who worked in a hair salon for a very long time, & has tried pretty much every straightening iron you can possibly think of...trust me when I say that this iron is one of the best. This leaves my hair smooth, silky, glossy, & straight. It glides through my hair extremely easily & doesn't take long to heat up, & has adjustable heat settings. (Knock on wood) This iron also holds up really well (unlike the Chi, cough cough). This iron leaves a really amazing finish on my hair. I love this iron & I would definitely buy this again & reccommend. Fantastic quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by nell01

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great smoothing iron. Very sturdy. Dropped it a few times and it still works. Heats up fast and smooths hair well. Very satisfied with this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Beautygirl48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My old hair straightener broke this weekend so I had to go out and buy a new one. When I got to the store the lady working there recommended this Paul Mitchell Straightener. I have only used it a couple of times but so far I think its great! I also think it is much better than my old one. It seems to grip my hair better so that there is more tension which allows for better control and styling. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a new straightener.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by svenskaflicka91

This review is for the curl wand (teardrop shape, red and black). I adore this curl wand, it's my favorite of many that I've tried. It produces a beautiful natural looking curl, and awesome beach waves when brushed thoroughly. Because of its unusual 'backwards' shape the hair stays on the wand much better than other wands that have the tapered end facing away from the handle. It gets hot and STAYS hot. The looks created can be very versatile therefore I'm a big fan as a hairstylist.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Chanthavongsy88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I personally prefer my ghd, however this is a close second, and a lot cheaper. I will never understand why so many people buy the chi rather than this one. They both straighten the same, but this one lasts way longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2011 1:57:00 PM More reviews by lilmzviet

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My mom bought me this straightner when I was in 7th grade. I am now an incoming college freshman and this is the only straighter I have and have had and I love it! It's still almost as good as new..and its been what 5 years? I used to use it everyday back in middle school and the early years of high school until I realized how badly heat products can damage your hair...I now use it about 2 times a weeks when I go out somewhere nice. Does exactly what it's supposed to do..my product is older now compared to the newer PM designs...I do like the newer designs better because the head is slimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/31/2010 8:41:00 AM More reviews by icantfindaname

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So far so good. I used a Chi for years (6-8 yrs). It finally died. I had to make a mad dash to get a new flat iron. My hair dresser uses a Paul Mitchell, so I took the plunge and bought it. So far I love it. Not sure it was worth the $. But I had to have something.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by erin12107

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've had two PM smoothing irons. The first one lasted a year and a half before it pretty much died-- this was admittedly my fault since i wrapped the cord around the iron. The wires got messed up and it would shut on and off.
I bought a new PM iron and NEVER wrapped the cord around-- two and a half years later the same thing happened! I've ordered a GHD and am waiting for it in the mail!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by ESMorin

I have been using this iron for at least 4 or 5 years. I bought it at Trade Secret with a coupon...and I think I paid around $100. My sister loved it so much, she went out and got the exact same one. This iron is really great. It gives you salon results, at a lower price - honestly. It makes my hair silky smooth and shiny, and It doesn't give me a ridge when I start a little bit lower down on my hair. I like the look of the iron: black with green plates, and the temp control works great. It heats up in about 30 seconds, but I give it a couple minutes to make sure it is thoroughly hot. Would definitely recommend. I would replace this with the newer PM flat iron is this one breaks.