October 1, 2014 | 1775 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Professional Ceramic Straightener with 2 inches plates

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2012 12:52:00 PM More reviews by jcook0113

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This was the best. I had one and my daughter had one for YEARS. Finally hers didnt work and I lost the combs to mine. Now They are no where to be found. The comb actually straightened the hair out before the heat hit it and made it so much straighter than all the others without the comb. They need to make these again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 12:14:00 AM More reviews by jen0011

oh my gosh, i LOVE this product! I had mine for years before if finally quit on me and now i cant find it anywhere. i dont want to any other one but this one. who has it?!?? i have been all over the place and no luck.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm on the fence about whether or not I would buy this iron again. After a few of years of faithful service, mine died.
Here's why I'm on the fence:

1) It was really inexpensive, and the iron itself still works, but the plastic frame broke because I was traveling too often with it.

2) I have a 1/2 inch conair flat iron and it sucks! But I borrowed my friend's iron one day, exactly the same one, and it worked really well. I'm afraid that Conair has inconsistant quality control, and I might get another dud.

3) I have very thick, long, coarse hair, and the iron gave me enough heat to quickly straighten my hair. Though I sometimes see smoke, I guess that's the pay off. But the temperature is adjustable.

4) I love how thick it is. I'm very "low maintenance", meaning I'm lazy and have no patience. I love how it works through large chunks effectively. Though , it snaged and yanked out my hair quite frequently at the end of it's life, and it feels a little clumsy sometimes.

5) The Comb was a really cool attachment, cause it gave you a bit of resistance when you're running the iron through your hair, giving you better results. But not all irons came with it, the attachment slot of my iron broke, so I had to constantly reattach the comb to the hot iron, and lastly, it made me lose more hair than using my iron without the comb.

6) I had my hair chemically straightened a year ago, because I'm "low maintenance", now I'm weighing cost vs. time investment. To get another treatment is going to cost me a lot more than a high end iron, but the time I'm saving every time I wash my hair might be worth it.

Well, those are things that I consider, hope it's helpful.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sorry to be a downer and leave a bad review, but this straightener iron is absolutely horrible! I only bought it in an emergency as m Chi finally died and I needed a flat iron asap. It was late in the evening and only Walmart was open. I purchased this as the packaging caught my eye, it was on sale for $50, and I have used and liked other Conair products before (hair dryer & curling iron).
For reference I have medium length, thick hair that has a slight natural wave. This product didn't deliver the straightening results that I'm personally use to with the Chi. Even on the highest setting it left my hair with more of a "just blow dried" my hair straight versus I spent some time and flat ironed it. The iron has 5 heat settings, but it actually doesn't tell you what the real temperature is, versus a Chi which tells you specifically what temperature you are applying to your hair. The iron itself is quite heavy, cumbersome, and snagged my hair quite frequently. Very disappointed and will never buy another drugstore straightener. I would prefer to dish out a couple of hundred dollars for an excellent quality iron that will deliver beautiful results for 5+ years, then waste $50 again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2009 9:45:00 PM More reviews by sweetness09

I love this straightener! I don't have the money to buy $100 straighteners, and I don't really feel the need to with this! I got it for under $20 at Walgreens and it works great! I've never had the snagging issue that other people have. My hair is very thick/coarse and curly, and it only take me about a half an hour to do my hair with this (compared to an hour it used to take me)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 11:32:00 AM More reviews by yshah0621

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Best straightener for my asian thick hair. I have tried Chi, Solia, and Revlon. This is the best. The plates are thick so you can be done quicker, the plates are ceramic so they don't snag or burn your hair, it heats up fast, and has 20+ settings and the turbo if you want super straight hair.

in my experience, this works best on hair that is naturally dried. if you get out of the shower with wet hair, blow dry it, then expect to iron it straight, then good luck. blow dried hair is gonna look fried no matter what straightener you use.

The design of this straightener is amazing and you don't have to apply a ton of pressure, like you do with the awkwardly designed chi

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2008 5:20:00 PM More reviews by egoh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Grey, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used to be a "pin straight" hair junkie -- even had my hair permanently chemically straighten, but now a days -- i'm into changing my hair style and most of the time I just put it into a ponytail cuz I'm lazy. I bought the Conair Professional cermaic straightener (model CS19JCS) at Target, because it was on sale for $16.89. Came home, fired it up and it really does straighten my coarse semi-wavy hair. I gave it 4 stars because I didn't feel that it didn't glide as smoothly as my other flat iron (TIGI -Hardcore) and I really didn't like the "comb" attachment that was on the side, since that seems to be the part that is "snagging" my hair, but it is removable. Also the heat dial was a little "loose" -it wasn't "clicking" into place because it keep changing the number as I was doing my hair. Overall, for the price that I paid I would definitely buy it again because it does straighten the hair and I didn't experience any "frizziness" or fly away -- and all I use was Tresemme Heat protectant spray.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/8/2008 11:22:00 PM More reviews by jenniferJL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Pros:
+Looks nice and sturdy
+Swivel cord & pouch
+Heats quickly about 30 seconds
+Solid ceramic

Cons:
-Snags hair--really bad
-I lost about 3-4 hair every session because it gets caught between the plates and the plastic
-Heavier than most straighteners I tried

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2007 2:19:00 AM More reviews by lollipopXO

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For the price, this product is worth is. it straightens my hair rather quickly, and doesn't leave me with frizz. it does snag my hair every so often but it doesn't bother me
unfortuneatley, i have bought 3. the first one worked forever, then it just died. the second one didn't work to begin with, and now my 3rd seems to be doing pretty well.

i like it tho. i reccomend it if u don't want to spend 100$ on a professional one.

if u don't mind the moeny tho.... go for like chi or something

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by xXCURRYNRiCEXx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

im surprised at the views i saw here. i love this straightener.. my hair is long thick, wavy and frizzy..when i first used this, i couldnt believe it. it felt as if i had gotten my hair professionally done. i was planning on buying the 80 dollar sedu straightener but because i needed one quickly i picked this up from walmart..and to my surprise..i replaced the thought of a sedu straightener with a conair one. i despise conair products but this one is a sure keeper. my hair is now longer, smoother, and so much shinier..i def recommend this product im soo sure it will work for you