October 24, 2014 | 1993 users online

Shampoo - Ojon - Ultra Hydrating shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by snvalde

Ojon's first original ultra hydrating formula needs to come back, PLEASE!!!!! This was the BEST of the BEST when it came to shampoos and conditioners. My hair has not been in the same shape since I had to stop using when it was discontinued and its crazy that its selling on Ebay for almost $300. Why did Ojon stop making this shampoo and conditioner??? PLEASE bring it back!!!!! Sorry:( but I have tried the other Ojon versions but they just are not as good as the original. You lost a loyal customer of many years.

The Ojon Original Ultra Hydrating shampoo and conditioner WAS absolutely wonderful!!! It was great for curly, frizzy, dry, and treated hair along with giving great softness and super SHINE to you hair. It also had an amazing smell!!! PLEASE BRING IT BACK:):)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 8:54:00 PM More reviews by marshiemallow14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved the smell of this shampoo, it was runny and lathered well. It smells amazing. It hydrated well and did the job I think. Overall I loved it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/2/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by Naughtymac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair is fine but I have a lot of it, and it's dry from using heated products.

I found this product very difficult to foam up and create a lather, meaning I had to use more of it than a normal shampoo.

It didn't hydrate my hair anymore than any other cheaper shampoo would do. I even followed it with the conditioner.

Not impressed really.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/26/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by renastar

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Although this product wasn't "terrible" it did not hydrate my fine curly hair. I would rather stick with my regular drugstore brands than buy another bottle of this shampoo.... especially for the price you pay...

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by destreng

Favorite.Shampoo.Ever. It adds shine and body to my straight blonde hair, without frizzies. The smell is rather musky but I enjoy it. The packaging is not great, I have to use lots of force to open the lid when it is 100% closed. I do believe this line has been replaced and i DON'T KNOW WHAT I'LL DO! lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by AM9090

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased both the Ultra Hydrating shampoo and conditioner as part of a set. I have long, very fine, wavy hair. I'm constantly on the lookout for hair products that will strengthen and add weight to my hair. I understand that that majority of people want their hair to be 'weightless' but my hair is sooo fine that I need something that will add body and cut the frizzies. I have tried many expensive shampoos and this compares quite favourably to top end 'poos (Shu Uemura, Philip B's Russian Amber, etc.). The shampoo and conditioner combo provide a reasonable amount of volume (not quite as much as Russian Amber or Ojon's Damage Reverse Restorative shampoo and conditioner) but the thing it does provide is fantastic shine and hydration and, rather late in life, I have come to the conclusion that healthy hair is more important than big hair... However, this may all be irrelevant as I think this range has in fact been replaced by the Volume Advance range...?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2011 7:54:00 PM More reviews by scanmike

I was afraid of even trying this after reading alot of negative reviews here. I got the courage today because after adding some highlights to my hair, it felt drier to me and coarser.(if that is even possible). I have a fair amount of shoulder length hair that has lost it's wave and shine over the years. It gets really bushy and somewhat frizzy. I feel like a Giapet in rainy weather. My colorist says I am crazy, but I know my hair. It feels more coarse than usual, less shiny and very dry. I am 54 years old and have tried so many shampoo's , conditioners, glosses, etc. I just bought Nioxin cause my daughter swears the 3 step system leaves her hair shinier and healthier. I also got Kim Vo shampoo which did a decent job as well but still left it feeling coarse. Well, I got the courage tonight and tried it. My hair felt smoother in the shower and I could run my fingers through it easily. The smell isn't bad and the conditoner actually smells nice. It doesn't lather much, which is an indicator that there isn't detergent in it. I just blew it out and it feels so smooth, silky (for my hair) and very, very soft. So different than what it was before washing. I hope I have found the answer to my problems. Going grey is bad enough. Having coarse grey hair sucks. I will edit in two weeks and hopefully I will have nothing but positive comments.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Leslie2877

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a nice shampoo and it smells great, but it's nothing to write home about. As far as hydration is concerned, it's okay. I do love the smell, just not the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/14/2011 1:52:00 PM More reviews by idressyou

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The only thing saving this from the lowest rating is the scent. Extremely sub-par and overhyped/overpriced product. Did absolutely nothing to hydrate or condition my hair. I equate the results I got to Dollar Tree shampoo. $9+ for a travel sized, 2 oz. bottle that I needed 1/2 of to get my hair & scalp clean. The flip top bottles are evil. I cut my shower-softened thumb when I tried to open it... had to use a wash cloth to get it open. Thank God Sephora has an awesome return policy, because this is definitely going back.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by sensitiveskingirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just used a sample of this stuff two days ago, and two shampoos ago and I still cannot get the disgusting smell to leave my hair. It did a decent job as far as a shampoo, but the smell is rank! I wouldn't use it if it made my hair look perfect, with no styling. It smells like you washed your hair with a pile of ashes from burnt insence (sp.)