Mary Kay MK Signature Nail Enamel

3.8

on 12/3/2013 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am reviewing the limited edition shade "Pink Sands" released in 2011 and now unavailable.
It is a sheer, cool-toned "baby pink" suitable for a French or for wear alone. Applies in very thin coats. Easy on and off - but MK lacquers do not wear that well on me.

on 1/19/2011 4:30:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I had a couple color a few years ago... and hated the... they became thick and goopy after a few months... and they are expensive

on 12/31/2008 2:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have this in Plum Fun and I can honestly say this polish is long wearing!! I luv the shimmery plum color,its really pretty. If I can find this I would get it again....

Not sure how cheap this is, I put a 1 because I got it for a gift. I have the lavender moon color. It goes on very nice, and lasts a really long time without chipping. Very nice summer/ spring color

on 10/28/2006 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really love the MK polishes, even though the choice of colors is quite limited. My favorite is Hot Pink, which is a great summer toe color. Very bright color, reminds me of the beach or pool. I also have Mauve, which is good for both hands and feet. It's more of a neutral, all-year color. The polishes go on smoothly and last a long time. The bottle is not the best, but I personally never had problems with the bottle or handle shape.

I agree with the others on the packaging, it is pretty bad.... But the stuff lasts forever on my toes. I usually end up reapply because my toenails have grown out, not because the polish chips off!

on 6/30/2006 10:32:00 AM

I actually like this formula. I have it in the color "Sunfire". In the bottle, it looks like a dark orange but on it's a nice coral. It has a little shimmer. I really only like this on my toes. I don't find the formula to be streaky, it's always applied smooth and even, but the color I have has some micro-glitter/shimmer in it and I find those streak less than the creme colors w/out shimmer. It dries quick and lasts quite awhile(on my toes). I agree with previous posts about the packaging. I am taking a lippie off for the stupid long, thin handle that is hard to grip. I would repurchase this in many other colors.

on 10/17/2005 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this in White Lace from my SIL who is a MK rep. I have been looking for a sheer, non shimmery white polish for a long time. I think this one may be just perfect. I will test drive it for a few days and update my review.

on 9/18/2005 11:04:00 PM

The MaryKay nail enamels kinda suck. The formula is really thin and prone to streakiness. It's really hard to get a nice even coat. The packaging also needs a lot of help. The bottle has a long thin handle that is hard to grip. The brush is too long as well. The bend in the bristles will break at the wrong moment. The shape of the bottle is hard to hold as well. All in all, the product and the packaging need to be revamped.