Garnier Skin Naturals Fresh 24 hr Hydrating Day Cream

3.7

on 1/19/2015 7:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm not particularly impressed with this product. I have dehydrated skin, with dry patches, so when I finally came across a cheaper, drugstore product that claimed to be hydrating, I was delighted... and then disappointed.

It has quite a gel-like, thin consistency, which I tend to find drying for starters, plus it comes in a tub, which is one of my pet hates for face products, as the last thing I want is for the product to get contaminated.

My main reason for disliking it is how it feels once applied; it doesn't irritate my skin, but it makes my skin go extremely tight, which is a problem us dehydrated skin people already face without a product making it worse instead of better! I didn't find it particularly moisturising or hydrating, which was the entire point of the product, so I'm not at all pleased!

Plus, perhaps worst of all, it made me break out with tiny little whiteheads!

The only positive I can find is that the consistency makes it easy to evenly put onto your skin without pulling at the skin, and you get a lot of product.

Not happy.

on 10/16/2011 5:33:00 AM

I've had this laying around forever and I recently started using it just to finish off what was left over.
The things I liked most about this product were the lightweight feel and the way it leaves my skin feeling afterwards. It has a very light gel consistency. To me there was no noticeable scent, which is a good thing. I put this on at night after cleansing my skin. When it first sinks in it leaves my skin feeling almost a bit sticky, but only for a couple minutes. In the morning my skin looks bright and feels nice and smooth.
I don't think this broke me out. I wouldn't purchase this again because I feel like it is a very average moisturizer, nothing unique about it.

on 6/9/2011 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I love this moisturizer. I have oily skin but with dry patches mixed in. It's lightweight and doesn't clog my pores yet keeps my skin feeling hydrated all day. It has really balanced out my skin texture and my acne has improved. I also love the smell, it's fresh and fruity.

on 5/1/2011 4:48:00 AM

I really love this face cream. I own the anti-ageing one and after two days of using it, my pores look noticeably smaller. It smells really nice and sinks in to the skin very well. My skin is also very soft and looks smoother. The only reason this doesn't get a 5 from me is because it makes my skin a teeny bit oily, and i have combination/oily skin anyway. Overall i think this is an excellent product for the price and i will be buying again.

on 4/27/2011 10:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

my daily moisturizer. i got it for about $7 and its light weight , doesnt break me out . keeps my skin soft so its pretty good

on 11/18/2010 8:00:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this cream one week ago since I had no moisturizer left - I'm usually using La Roche Posay cream or a Dove one. This one caught my eye while I was searching for my Dove cream and since its price was cheap - I think it was $8 - I decided to buy it and test it.

I washed my face as usual, then moisturized my face with the cream. The smell is very good; it smells a bit like grapes and lavender. I don't really like creams with a smell because they irritate my face, but this one doesn't. I dislike using new creams because my skin is very sensitive but that one didn't make me break out or something. My skin was fresh and left my face very soft. Even my La Roche Posay cream didn't make my face soft like that (I have a very problematic skin and during winter, is SO dry.)

The only thing I would say about that is that it leaves my nose and my forehead a bit oily and the freshness is absolutely not during 24h. My rating would be something like 4 but I recommend buying this cream if you want something that leave your skin super-soft.

on 9/19/2010 8:37:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I LOVE this! If you have combination skin it's so great because it's like a gel texture, and it's the perfect amount of moisture for dry areas AND areas that tend to get oily, which need moisture so they don't overproduce oil! It seriously keeps my skin so nice, and it's the first moisturizer yet that I feel like it doesn't make my skin look greasy if i wear it during the day under my makeup :)

on 8/2/2010 10:14:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

For its price, I think it's a good moisturizer. I have dry skin, but after spending around 6 hours outside during summer, my skin tends to be really oily. However, this moisturizer helped my skin not to be oily.
The moisturizer is really light and watery. The only thing I don't like is that when I first put it on, it leaves a sticky finish to my face.

on 1/24/2010 3:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool

Broke me out but has excellent oil control. It kept the oil away for a good 8 hours before I had to blot.

on 12/21/2009 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I like this product a lot. I prefer lighter moisturizers that resemble gels, like this one. I think it will be perfect to use in the summer, but right now in the winter it just doesn't feel like it is moisturizing enough for my skin.
EDIT: I must have not been that impressed because I haven't touched this stuff in a year.