April 16, 2014 | 1386 users online

Polishes - Essie - Watermelon

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful dark watermelon pink. Applies opaque and perfect in ONE COAT! Amazing. Dries fast-would recommend and certainly buy again! Love love love it. So pretty. No streaks or chalkiness either. Very happy with this color. I took a shower (used original Irish Spring bar soap if you must know), got out and dried off, sprayed toes with rubbing alcohol and wiped with Kleenex to get any soap residue off, then sat down and painted my toes-FAST- and was completely amazed by the beauty and simplicity this polish provided! :) no base coat, only one coat of watermelon and no top coat and my toes look great. I'm 40 years old and still love girly things and this fits the bill.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

A beautiful color. I would call it raspberry than watermelon as it is a bright cool blue-based pink. The finish is very glossy. Opacity is amazing. One layer could be enough. No streaking.
Staying power is like any other Essie nail polish.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by flowersgrimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a beautiful pinky red nail polish. In 2 coats its opaque but... there has to be a butt. It chips insanely. I used 2 coats and one coat of seche viete and not even 12 hours after painting I had 2 chipped nail. :( I'm going to keep trying this nail polish and if it chips less I'll give it another lippy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by veggienurse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very pretty, LOVE this color!!! My only complaint is that it lost its shine quickly, like on day 2 or 3. Beautiful color though and one coat is all I need for my nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by kristinfelicia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is probably the best nail polish I've ever tried. It's so easy to apply and dries really quickly and it lasts for a really long time! I think it's great when I want to paint my nails and I'm in a hurry. I usually wear 2 coats to get a full coverage, even though I think it looks good with 1 coat aswell - no streaks! The colour is nice, it looks like the bottle but far away it might look red, which I like a lot. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is so much nicer than I expected. I own a lot of pink polishes and this one is perfect! Bright, shiny and so opaque, it's probably one of the easiest to apply polishes I ever tried, it never streaks. Looks great on both my fingernails and toenails (which is saying a lot I hate brights on my fingernails). The colour is gorgeous, people have actually told me it looks watermelon coloured when I wear it and I laugh and say "that's what it's called!". Would repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 8:05:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Holy opaque! This will give you nice glossy colour in 1 coat. The shade itself is a really fresh juicy watermelon red/pink cream finish. Recommend to all.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2012 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I agree with the other reviews that this is a great color for toes. It gives a good amount of color with only 1-2 coats, applies evenly, and is a great pink-red color for summer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 12:30:00 PM More reviews by bassetmomma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this shade for pedicures. It's a raspberry-red shade. Not quite red, not quite pink. I do think 8 bucks is a lot for a bottle of nail polish so 1 lippie off for pricing.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2012 5:28:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

A great pedicure colour. Nothing to rave about, not outstanding but it merits a 4 because it should be a basic in your polish wardrobe. Deep pink with a slap of red and a brush of orange. Leads the pack in terms of application.