Essie Watermelon

4.6

on 5/26/2015 1:02:00 PM

This is a wonderful polish. I would have to say it is my current favorite. It is a bright pinky red tone which resembles watermelon as the name suggests. It seems a pink in daylight and more red in the shade. It is a lovely eyecatching color which I have received many compliments on. I find this shade nice for summer, its bright and sophisticated at the same time. It's a fun color. This particular shade is completely opaque in 2 coats but you could get away with one if you are in a hurry. It doesn't chip easily and touches up nicely. It has a nice shiney finish and drys very quickly. I find that Essie is inconsistent with their formulas but in my opinion, this shade is top notch.

on 4/14/2015 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is so pretty on my fair skin whether I have a tan or not. Applies flawlessly and it's pretty opaque in 1 coat, though it always looks better with 2.

This isn't the most unique color in the world but it's a fantastic summer staple. I'd recommend this over the many other hot pinks in my collection

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hot pinkish red, goes opaque in one coat which is great as I always use base and top coat and therefore my manicure always takes aaaaaages (but it lasts for 5 days at least) so it is nice to shorten the process even a little bit.

The European version has a nice wide brush which makes the application even easier.

Wore it last night with a burgundy dress and got tons of compliments.

Highly recommended!

on 7/29/2014 11:08:00 PM

The perfect pink- gives me the satisfaction of a red, but it's PINK! Nice pop on my fair skin- great coverage, (two coats perfect) not streaky. Very opaque.
Great match with the saturated pinks popular this season.

on 5/15/2014 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was a little skeptical getting this color. But I really like it. It's so summer! Raspberry color describes it best. It's more pink than red I would say. Two coats provides a smooth and no steaks application. It's also very shiny after 2nd coat without clear top coat, which is a plus. Definitely recommend it.

on 5/10/2014 6:38:00 PM

I have been eyeballing this colour for quite some time but Essie always seems so pricey and rarely goes on sale. Well Shoppers DM had it on sale recently so I splurged on this particular shade and I am glad that I did. I have purchased Essie before in a French manicure shade but it was streaky and chipped easily. I was not impressed. This particular shade is gorgeous. It's a real pinky/red watermelon shade that complements my skin tone and one coat has incredible opacity. One thing I did notice is that the nail lacquer when dry is really shiny even without a top coat. Really pretty ladylike colour that I think would look good on pretty much anyone!

on 4/20/2014 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a pretty and versatile color, but I feel it's a bit overhyped! This goes on very well and doesn't streak upon application. The watermelon color suits my fair skin well; it's best described as a pink/red hybrid. Not sure if I would purchase again, as it's way overpriced for the quality. This started chipping very noticeably on day 2 for me.

on 3/15/2014 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Beautiful dark watermelon pink. Applies opaque and perfect in ONE COAT! Amazing. Dries fast-would recommend and certainly buy again! Love love love it. So pretty. No streaks or chalkiness either. Very happy with this color. I took a shower (used original Irish Spring bar soap if you must know), got out and dried off, sprayed toes with rubbing alcohol and wiped with Kleenex to get any soap residue off, then sat down and painted my toes-FAST- and was completely amazed by the beauty and simplicity this polish provided! :) no base coat, only one coat of watermelon and no top coat and my toes look great. I'm 40 years old and still love girly things and this fits the bill.

A beautiful color. I would call it raspberry than watermelon as it is a bright, slightly blue-based pink. The finish is very glossy. Opacity is amazing. One layer could be enough. No streaking.
Staying power is like any other Essie nail polish.

on 8/27/2013 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Its a beautiful pinky red nail polish. In 2 coats its opaque but... there has to be a butt. It chips insanely. I used 2 coats and one coat of seche viete and not even 12 hours after painting I had 2 chipped nail. :( I'm going to keep trying this nail polish and if it chips less I'll give it another lippy.

Top Rated Essie Products