Essie Watermelon

4.6

on 7/28/2015 1:39:00 PM

I love this polish. It's a beautiful pinky-red that's perfect for summertime. So far I've only used it on my toes, but it makes me want to wear sandals all the time because I love looking at the color! The polish applies evenly, without the streaking problems that a lot of Essie's lighter colors have. I would definitely repurchase this.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I am not one to be into bright red polishes. I usually tend to sway toward pastels, neutrals and darks. I collect nail polishes so i figured this would be a good one to add. I tried it on and the angels started to sing guys! It is red, but a more "pink" red. It's absolutey perfect for summertime. I put this on all my nails except i did a watermelon design on my ring fingers and i got so many compliments. pick this one up if you want to venture into reds, i promise you wont' be disappointed!!

on 6/13/2015 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

What a fantastic polish! As has been said, you can wear it in one coat. Gorgeous color! It reminds me of a deep version of the watermelon jolly rancher. I bought the new Gel Setter top coat from Essie with the polish in a duo pack from target, and the top coat is fantastic! Watermelon is now one of my favorite polishes! The formula is great, too! We know Essie can be hit or miss on formula, but this one is a homerun! I highly recommend it!

on 5/26/2015 1:02:00 PM

This is a wonderful polish. I would have to say it is my current favorite. It is a bright pinky red tone which resembles watermelon as the name suggests. It seems a pink in daylight and more red in the shade. It is a lovely eyecatching color which I have received many compliments on. I find this shade nice for summer, its bright and sophisticated at the same time. It's a fun color. This particular shade is completely opaque in 2 coats but you could get away with one if you are in a hurry. It doesn't chip easily and touches up nicely. It has a nice shiney finish and drys very quickly. I find that Essie is inconsistent with their formulas but in my opinion, this shade is top notch.

on 4/14/2015 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is so pretty on my fair skin whether I have a tan or not. Applies flawlessly and it's pretty opaque in 1 coat, though it always looks better with 2.

This isn't the most unique color in the world but it's a fantastic summer staple. I'd recommend this over the many other hot pinks in my collection

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hot pinkish red, goes opaque in one coat which is great as I always use base and top coat and therefore my manicure always takes aaaaaages (but it lasts for 5 days at least) so it is nice to shorten the process even a little bit.

The European version has a nice wide brush which makes the application even easier.

Wore it last night with a burgundy dress and got tons of compliments.

Highly recommended!

on 7/29/2014 11:08:00 PM

The perfect pink- gives me the satisfaction of a red, but it's PINK! Nice pop on my fair skin- great coverage, (two coats perfect) not streaky. Very opaque.
Great match with the saturated pinks popular this season.

on 5/15/2014 3:57:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was a little skeptical getting this color. But I really like it. It's so summer! Raspberry color describes it best. It's more pink than red I would say. Two coats provides a smooth and no steaks application. It's also very shiny after 2nd coat without clear top coat, which is a plus. Definitely recommend it.

on 5/10/2014 6:38:00 PM

I have been eyeballing this colour for quite some time but Essie always seems so pricey and rarely goes on sale. Well Shoppers DM had it on sale recently so I splurged on this particular shade and I am glad that I did. I have purchased Essie before in a French manicure shade but it was streaky and chipped easily. I was not impressed. This particular shade is gorgeous. It's a real pinky/red watermelon shade that complements my skin tone and one coat has incredible opacity. One thing I did notice is that the nail lacquer when dry is really shiny even without a top coat. Really pretty ladylike colour that I think would look good on pretty much anyone!

on 4/20/2014 11:07:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

This is a pretty and versatile color, but I feel it's a bit overhyped! This goes on very well and doesn't streak upon application. The watermelon color suits my fair skin well; it's best described as a pink/red hybrid. Not sure if I would purchase again, as it's way overpriced for the quality. This started chipping very noticeably on day 2 for me.

Popular Polishes