September 2, 2014 | 1815 users online

Polishes - Essie - Watermelon

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2014 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Flapperdame

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The perfect pink- gives me the satisfaction of a red, but it's PINK! Nice pop on my fair skin- great coverage, (two coats perfect) not streaky. Very opaque.
Great match with the saturated pinks popular this season.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 3:57:00 AM More reviews by Mcesaire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was a little skeptical getting this color. But I really like it. It's so summer! Raspberry color describes it best. It's more pink than red I would say. Two coats provides a smooth and no steaks application. It's also very shiny after 2nd coat without clear top coat, which is a plus. Definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 6:38:00 PM More reviews by foofighter99

I have been eyeballing this colour for quite some time but Essie always seems so pricey and rarely goes on sale. Well Shoppers DM had it on sale recently so I splurged on this particular shade and I am glad that I did. I have purchased Essie before in a French manicure shade but it was streaky and chipped easily. I was not impressed. This particular shade is gorgeous. It's a real pinky/red watermelon shade that complements my skin tone and one coat has incredible opacity. One thing I did notice is that the nail lacquer when dry is really shiny even without a top coat. Really pretty ladylike colour that I think would look good on pretty much anyone!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty and versatile color, but I feel it's a bit overhyped! This goes on very well and doesn't streak upon application. The watermelon color suits my fair skin well; it's best described as a pink/red hybrid. Not sure if I would purchase again, as it's way overpriced for the quality. This started chipping very noticeably on day 2 for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2014 9:59:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful dark watermelon pink. Applies opaque and perfect in ONE COAT! Amazing. Dries fast-would recommend and certainly buy again! Love love love it. So pretty. No streaks or chalkiness either. Very happy with this color. I took a shower (used original Irish Spring bar soap if you must know), got out and dried off, sprayed toes with rubbing alcohol and wiped with Kleenex to get any soap residue off, then sat down and painted my toes-FAST- and was completely amazed by the beauty and simplicity this polish provided! :) no base coat, only one coat of watermelon and no top coat and my toes look great. I'm 40 years old and still love girly things and this fits the bill.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Alexandra123Y

A beautiful color. I would call it raspberry than watermelon as it is a bright, slightly blue-based pink. The finish is very glossy. Opacity is amazing. One layer could be enough. No streaking.
Staying power is like any other Essie nail polish.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/27/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by flowersgrimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Its a beautiful pinky red nail polish. In 2 coats its opaque but... there has to be a butt. It chips insanely. I used 2 coats and one coat of seche viete and not even 12 hours after painting I had 2 chipped nail. :( I'm going to keep trying this nail polish and if it chips less I'll give it another lippy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2013 11:39:00 AM More reviews by veggienurse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Very pretty, LOVE this color!!! My only complaint is that it lost its shine quickly, like on day 2 or 3. Beautiful color though and one coat is all I need for my nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2012 4:03:00 PM More reviews by kristinfelicia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is probably the best nail polish I've ever tried. It's so easy to apply and dries really quickly and it lasts for a really long time! I think it's great when I want to paint my nails and I'm in a hurry. I usually wear 2 coats to get a full coverage, even though I think it looks good with 1 coat aswell - no streaks! The colour is nice, it looks like the bottle but far away it might look red, which I like a lot. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is so much nicer than I expected. I own a lot of pink polishes and this one is perfect! Bright, shiny and so opaque, it's probably one of the easiest to apply polishes I ever tried, it never streaks. Looks great on both my fingernails and toenails (which is saying a lot I hate brights on my fingernails). The colour is gorgeous, people have actually told me it looks watermelon coloured when I wear it and I laugh and say "that's what it's called!". Would repurchase.