Mary Kay Moisturizing Shave Cream

4.9

on 12/9/2012 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This is an excellent shave foam for men. It smells great and has no preservatives in it. It rinses well and has a high pH so it will soften the beard. The price is very expensive, it's $10 for 6 ounces, but the product does seem to last forever. I sell Mary Kay so I get it for $5, so it's still pricey even for a consultant, but whatever, it smells great and I love how it's formulated. Special note however: It is very high pH cause of the potassium hydroxide, which is great to soften the hair, however, high pH can dry out the skin so IT IS VERY IMPORTANT to be sure you put on a moisturizer that does not have a lot of alcohol in it. Something with lots of glycerin would be great. The Mary Kay After Shave Gel is TERRIBLE! Do not use it, it has a lot of alcohol in it, which dries out your skin even more and cause free radical damage. If you love Mary Kay, then use the Time Wise Moisturizer as an after shave cream and you'll have great skin! If very oily, like mine, I use a 2% salicylic acid moisturizer as my after shave cream and get great results. However, Mary Kay does not have a moisturizing 2% salicylic acid moisturizer, so I use something from the drug store.

on 5/9/2012 2:17:00 PM

I USE THIS LAST NIGHT FOR MY LEGS AND ITS AWESOME!!

on 1/29/2011 5:54:00 PM

The best shaving cream I have ever used. Hands down. It costs about $10 but it lasts for ever and ever and ever. The smell is awesome as well.

on 10/14/2007 1:01:00 AM

This is the only thing I can use to shave my legs with. It keeps the moisture just right and does not dry my skin out like everything else does!!!!!!!!!!

on 9/4/2007 7:10:00 PM

$8 for 6.5 oz can of shave cream is insane! It's a decent shave cream. I can't say that it's any better than drugstore brands.

on 6/17/2007 8:29:00 AM

Okay, its very expensive, BUT I have to have it. I love this and have purchased enough to buy stock with MK. But sadly it is being discontinued so I will be stocking up before they are gone. Good thing my mom sells this stuff!

on 3/27/2007 12:50:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I am terminally cheap,so to spend almost $10 USD for a shaving cream it better be damn good.In this product,MK has a winner.A little goes a long way,it is kind to sensitive skin and makes the legs so smooth.I also find I shave less??Does that make any sense whatsoever??I got this in Jan and didn't get the flaky chicken skin that I get every winter,so when I run out,I am definitely repurchasing.

on 8/16/2006 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This has got to be the most expensive shaving cream ever! I purchased this for my partner who is used to the usual supermarket brands (under NZ$10 each). He is now hooked and I will have to keep buying it for him lol. No cuts no burns no nothing! Anything that prevents those is good in my book (and his of course). Though for NZ$25 it is very pricey but he only has to shave about once a week so it lasts awhile and he is happier which is great! :D

on 5/2/2006 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE this shaving cream. Very creamy and lathers nice. It's the only kind I use now.

on 4/14/2006 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is an awesome shaving lotion which helps my legs feel nice and soft after shaving. A bit pricey though, at $8.00 a bottle, but I like the fact that this stuff really protects my legs from razor cuts. Will definitely repurchase.