October 25, 2014 | 878 users online

Shave Products - Aveeno - Therapeutic Shave Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this shave gel, its so gentle and you only need very little gel because it turns into a nice amount of lather right away. i will and have repurchased many times.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:58:00 AM More reviews by luckyunlucky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love! The formula is the only shave gel I can use on my extremely sensitive skin legs. It smells like oatmeal cookie bars that my dad made growing up... comforting to me! They recently-ish changed the packaging and now the bottom of the canister never rusts in the shower and the dispenser never shoots out violently like it used to. Big thumbs up on the new packaging - that make this product perfect! Just wish it didn't cost twice as much as most shaving gels... I seem to always get it on sale though and you couldn't pay me to switch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I picked this up on a whim at my local Jewel-Osco because my legs have been irritated from a heat rash all summer. Shaving only made the itchiness and irritation worse but I am not the type of girl that likes to skip a day of shaving my legs! A lotion I picked up recently is helping with the irritation but I needed a shaving cream that would soothe my skin while shaving too. I didn't really expect much because I've used Skintimate shave gels, Eos, etc. This really makes the shaving process very gentle, I don't feel like I'm irritating my skin and my legs feel great afterwards. Using this shave gel along with Crabtree & Evelyn's Aloe Vera lotion has really helped the itchy bumps and irritation on my legs, my legs finally look smooth and not bumpy! I also love that the nozzle is easy to control, with Skintimate, the gel would shoot out with the slightest pressure, forcing me to use more than intended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by ImYourFavoriteDrug

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great shaving cream. I get such a close shave and absolutely no irritation on my legs.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2011 1:10:00 PM More reviews by atlas84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

A great shaving gel for guys (and girls, too)! I used Gillette for Sensitive Skin (blue gel) and Edge for Sensitive Skin (orange cap) for several years before trying this product. It's awesome! Gives a nice, close shave with little to no irritation. The product is labeled as "no added fragrance," which is true, but the product has a light, oaty smell that doesn't bother me since it contains a high amount of oat extracts. I bought this product when it was still being sold in the old packaging that was rust-prone, which made me adverse to repurchasing. Aveeno has since improved the packaging thus eliminating that annoyance.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2010 7:13:00 PM More reviews by kimmybee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

My legs are extremely sensitive to shaving, and this is the only shaving cream I've found that helps keep my legs almost free from razor burn and bleeding. Unfortunately, I've run out and can't find it anywhere. I've gone to every store in my area that has shaving products, and it's nowhere to be found! Is it discontinued? Does anyone know of a good alternative? I've tried Skintimate and other similar brands and nothing measures up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

This is one of the best shave gels I have ever used and doesn't irritate my sensitive dry skin in the slightest. It has a wonderful scent, almost like almonds, and is very soothing to my skin. I pay $4.49 for this from CVS and it is worth every penny. Even SO has started to use this to shave with, and he is very picky about products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2010 12:34:00 AM More reviews by girrl65

This is the only shave gel I will use....well this and Aveeno's other gel "Positively Smooth." I love this shave gel. I have sensitive skin on my legs and traditional overly scented gives me a rash and encourages razor bumps. I have not used that kind of shave gel in YEARS. If you have a hard time using the perfumed shave gel, give this a try. It is very gentle to your skin. I would not use anything else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this shaving gel and will never buy another! It's an extremely creamy rich foam, it smells divine, it does not irritate sensitive or chapped skin, and always leaves it fresh and soft, never taut even if you don't put on lotion afterwards. I don't think you can ask for much more.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by PrinceCharming

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this shave gel!!! Unlike many other products a little goes along way and it lathers up very nicely!!! It has a very pleasant smell but isn't overly strong. I have always been prone to razor bumbs and red irritation splotches until trying this brand. It leaves my skin feeling extremely soft and smooth. It also gives me the closest shave ever and it may be my imagination but i think it helps increase time between shaves. I reccomend this product to everyone and will definitly not be changing to anything else anytime soon!!!