Aveeno Therapeutic Shave Gel

4.5

Water, Palmitic Acid, Triethanolamine, Methyl Gluceth-20, Sorbitan Stearate, Sorbitol, Isopentane, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Sunflower Seed Oil Glyceride, Dimethicone Peg-8 Benzoate, Isobutane, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Oat Kernel Flour, Phenoxyethanol, Panthenol, Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Allantoin, Benzaldehyde, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice.

on 8/29/2015 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

It is thanks to MUA that I found my shaving gel. This is A+ for ALL areas. It lathers very well with only a small amount. I never had in-grown hairs or rashes again. Not even razor burns. I have been using this for 5 years. One bottle/year.

This gel and the Parissa Azulene Oil (after-shave spray) is THE PERFECT combo. It's all I need! I'm set!!

on 7/15/2013 10:50:00 PM

love this shave gel, its so gentle and you only need very little gel because it turns into a nice amount of lather right away. i will and have repurchased many times.

on 4/8/2013 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love! The formula is the only shave gel I can use on my extremely sensitive skin legs. It smells like oatmeal cookie bars that my dad made growing up... comforting to me! They recently-ish changed the packaging and now the bottom of the canister never rusts in the shower and the dispenser never shoots out violently like it used to. Big thumbs up on the new packaging - that make this product perfect! Just wish it didn't cost twice as much as most shaving gels... I seem to always get it on sale though and you couldn't pay me to switch.

on 8/30/2012 10:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I picked this up on a whim at my local Jewel-Osco because my legs have been irritated from a heat rash all summer. Shaving only made the itchiness and irritation worse but I am not the type of girl that likes to skip a day of shaving my legs! A lotion I picked up recently is helping with the irritation but I needed a shaving cream that would soothe my skin while shaving too. I didn't really expect much because I've used Skintimate shave gels, Eos, etc. This really makes the shaving process very gentle, I don't feel like I'm irritating my skin and my legs feel great afterwards. Using this shave gel along with Crabtree & Evelyn's Aloe Vera lotion has really helped the itchy bumps and irritation on my legs, my legs finally look smooth and not bumpy! I also love that the nozzle is easy to control, with Skintimate, the gel would shoot out with the slightest pressure, forcing me to use more than intended.

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

This is a great shaving cream. I get such a close shave and absolutely no irritation on my legs.

on 5/1/2011 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

A great shaving gel for guys (and girls, too)! I used Gillette for Sensitive Skin (blue gel) and Edge for Sensitive Skin (orange cap) for several years before trying this product. It's awesome! Gives a nice, close shave with little to no irritation. The product is labeled as "no added fragrance," which is true, but the product has a light, oaty smell that doesn't bother me since it contains a high amount of oat extracts. I bought this product when it was still being sold in the old packaging that was rust-prone, which made me adverse to repurchasing. Aveeno has since improved the packaging thus eliminating that annoyance.

on 5/25/2010 7:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

My legs are extremely sensitive to shaving, and this is the only shaving cream I've found that helps keep my legs almost free from razor burn and bleeding. Unfortunately, I've run out and can't find it anywhere. I've gone to every store in my area that has shaving products, and it's nowhere to be found! Is it discontinued? Does anyone know of a good alternative? I've tried Skintimate and other similar brands and nothing measures up.

on 5/14/2010 12:02:00 PM

This is one of the best shave gels I have ever used and doesn't irritate my sensitive dry skin in the slightest. It has a wonderful scent, almost like almonds, and is very soothing to my skin. I pay $4.49 for this from CVS and it is worth every penny. Even SO has started to use this to shave with, and he is very picky about products.

on 4/16/2010 12:34:00 AM

This is the only shave gel I will use....well this and Aveeno's other gel "Positively Smooth." I love this shave gel. I have sensitive skin on my legs and traditional overly scented gives me a rash and encourages razor bumps. I have not used that kind of shave gel in YEARS. If you have a hard time using the perfumed shave gel, give this a try. It is very gentle to your skin. I would not use anything else.

on 2/9/2010 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Absolutely love this shaving gel and will never buy another! It's an extremely creamy rich foam, it smells divine, it does not irritate sensitive or chapped skin, and always leaves it fresh and soft, never taut even if you don't put on lotion afterwards. I don't think you can ask for much more.