September 2, 2014 | 1802 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Ion Shine 1875 Watt Ionic Styler

rated 1 of 5 on 1/11/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by mbarth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am reviewing the red model. AWFUL! I have thick hair which was long but I just got cut short. It still takes forever to style since I cut it. Also this dryer will give you carpel tunnel because it is soooooooooooo heavy. By the time I am done drying my arm aches. If the thing wasnt so incredibly heavy to hold it would be fine for the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by slc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My hair has been coming out frizzy, so I decided to switch to an ion hair dryer and an ion brush. I just couldn't shell out the big bucks for an expensive model, not knowing if they were any better, so I bought this one. Great price. It weighs much less than my old Conair, which is a huge relief. And it really does dry my hair faster and leave it smoother and shinier. I can use the low setting, and it still dries my hair fast. I can't say I'm 100% frizzy-free afterward, but a little argan oil fixes that. Overall, I'm very pleased and my hair really does shine.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2012 11:24:00 PM More reviews by hello2belle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I'm surprised at the bad ratings. This dryer is cheap and does the job really well. It gets my super thick, long asian hair to dry in a couple of minutes. I don't dry my hair to the point its completely dry though. I dry it to 90% and then let the hair dry naturally on its own. It straightens my hair well too.

The only issue would be that its breaking one of the cardinal rules of hair: combing it when its wet.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by jubeywho

I like this hairdryer because it is not too loud and i like the different settings. It has low and high and a cool shot option. It was a good price and i am pleased with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2009 10:55:00 PM More reviews by brookiecookie73

Love ittt! The only thing that gets my curly hair dry without it being frizzy and it straightens my hair so much more than a normal hairdryer (if you use it correctly).
The only people that have used mine and disliked it weren't using it correctly.
This makes flat ironing my hair A LOT easier.
The older version lasted longer, but whatever, it's cheap enough to buy a new one once a year :P

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2008 2:19:00 PM More reviews by kratchy1

This dryer has 2 speeds - barely on (what they call low), and way too high (what they call high). My hair is shorter than shoulder length and it took almost 40 minutes to dry my hair on low. The next time I used it I tried it on high and although it only took about 10 minutes my hair was a poofy frizzy mess. I thought maybe it was just a matter of getting used to a new product so I tried it a few more times but got the same results. This dryer is going straight to the garbage can!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 9:50:00 AM More reviews by dag4321

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair is super thick and this dryer really speeds up the process. I feel like my hair is smoother afterwards and not as puffy as before though I still have to straighten. It also takes me less time with the comb which I like. The comb part does move around a bit and sometimes falls off, but still a pretty good dryer for the price.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/7/2007 5:08:00 PM More reviews by studybreak

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The straightening comb on this dryer keeps flying off the handle...which has me flying off the handle! I give it one lippie because the drying function is fine. Returning this ASAP.Grrrrrr....

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2007 2:52:00 PM More reviews by tloirs

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for the Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic dryer model 174TB. It's red and looks just like the 174R, which I can't find anywhere, so I think this one must have replaced that model. This dryer allows you to turn the ions on and off, which I have to have because every ion dryer I've ever used that didn't allow that option made my hair very flat. I have fine, relatively straight hair that tends to wave on its own if I don't blow dry it. This dryer is the quietest one I've ever tried, even on high. It also has a more pleasant tone to it than most dryers. The hot is hot without being scorching, the warm is truly warm, and the cool is very cool. The cold shot is also very cold, much more so than other dryers I've tried. I don't find this dryer to be heavy at all. It's not as light as the Revlon version that looks like the T3, but it feels good in your hand and is properly balanced. I can also really tell the difference when I turn on the ions. I use it to finish my style or to touch up at the end of the day, and it really does leave an incredible shine on the hair. The best ionic drugstore dryer I've tried, and I've tried several and returned all but this one.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2006 6:05:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I personally don't believe in shelling out $200+ for a hair dryer. Either you're born with good hair, or you're not. A overpriced hair dryer is not going to change coarse steel wool hair into silk. That said, this drugstore hairdryer gets the job done. I used to use a regular non-ionic hair dryer, and when I switched over I could instantly feel the difference. My hair is a lot more obedient with less flyaways, and is softer and smoother. This dryer has been working for 2+ years and I'm hoping it'll last a long time, but when I need to repurchase I'd definitely consider this particular model.