April 24, 2014 | 1022 users online

Polishes - Bourjois - Very Vernis Rose Lounge 45

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2011 3:22:00 PM More reviews by veganbonnie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this because it was one of the nail polishes used on Kate Middleton for her wedding. It's basically sheer with a touch of pinkishness. Apparently Kate wore it with Essie Allure. I think I'd do the same, because on its own this nail polish isn't much to look at, but the formula is quite nice nevertheless. But $10 for something you can't see? I dunno....

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by zucch3ro

I put on two quite thick coats of this and i get noooo colour from it, not even a sheer one. The most i get from it is a cloudy looking clear coat. That being said, the bottle is cute, the formula is thick. And as mentioned before it does wonders for hardening my nails!!
I would buy this nail polish in a different colour, but in this colour it is basically useless as an ordinary varnish.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2007 6:49:00 AM More reviews by karowtjah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Very nice colour. It looks really natural, and is great with a french manicure.
If you put on two layers you get the colour that is in the bottle, with one layer you get a nice shiny, almost transparent look. Nice !

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2006 3:04:00 PM More reviews by sweetestpea80

I think Bourjois needs to re-think the way they promote this item. I have found that this is not nail polish in the traditional sense of nail polish. This is more like a nail strengthener. All my life I have had weak, brittle nails. I have tried every kind of nail strengthener on the market and my nails still break. As of late, I very seldom paint my nails with colors because they break so often that my manicure does not look good. However, after a couple of months sans color, I decided to try this light wash of color on my bare, clean nails to give it a little color (and if any break or the color chips, you wouldn't notice it because the color's so light). After a couple of weeks of applying this nail polish to my nails weekly (whenever I noticed the polish had worn off a bit) I suddenly realized no more breaks! I have been using this polish for a couple of months now and I will never use another traditional nail strengthener, just this! My nails are long and they are all the same length! And boy are they strong! I can barely even flex them if I push on them! This is my holy grail nail polish/nail strengthener in one and I urge anyone who has week or brittle nails to try this for a month (apply at least once a week) and see if that doesn't fix your problem. It's only $9 and relatively cheap compared to some other strengtheners out there! By the way, I only review products if they do something absolutely terrible like make me break out, or if they are of superior quality as I think the Bourjois Vernis polish is.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/18/2005 6:40:00 PM More reviews by FallenStar841

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the color, sheer light milky YNBB pink. One coat is essentially clear but with a second coat the color looks like the bottle. The polish is a bit thin and runny but that didn't cause any problems. I would consider buying it again but next time I need a color like this I'll look at OPI's selection, OPI's formulation is way better.

edit: polish goes on too streaky. I'll probably only use when I go to get a manicure cause they can apply nail polish way better than I can.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2003 12:41:00 AM More reviews by sillysilly

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a very sheer light pink shade. I use it as a just-a-touch-of-color coat to finish a more natural looking french manicure (see my review on MAC Lily White, which I use for tips). The best part is, it doesn't contain toluene/toluol or formaldehyde. I don't know about pthalates though. Will repurchase.