April 19, 2014 | 884 users online

Treatments - Essie - apricot cuticle oil

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is convenient for an oil but that's about all I liked about this product. The hyped up apricot part of the oil seems to do nothing but give it a fake, apricot smell. Luckily that faded quickly but so did most of the effect it had on my cuticles. After a few hours they were back to normal, and even repeated use didn't do much. Frankly I don't have time or the desire to apply this after every hand wash. Save your money and buy something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by crumbley11

My cuticles have been so dry this winter that I have tried all kinds of things to keep them moisturized. This works well, smells good and I think massaging it into my nails helps as well to keep them strong. This is a nice treat and I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by BiancaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Firstly I would like to say to any Australian people reading this review, this product smells exactly like those yummy little apricot bars/balls! I love it.
I was originally looking to purchase Sally Hansen nail oil because it was on special at Priceline, but they didn't have any in stock :( My nails are very dry and peel a lot so I was looking for something that I could apply to keep them nourished. I have been using Essence nail oil and at $1.75 that stuff is well worth the price! But I wanted to find something with more benefit to my nails.
I found the Essie apricot oil for the same price as the Sally Hanson oil I was intending to purchase so thought I would give it a shot. I have been using it for only 2 days and I can already see a difference in my nail & cuticle condition.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by nnutcase

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I own this, a Sally Hansen cuticle treatment pen, and a few tins of Burts Bees cuticle creams. I wish I could say that there is no difference and that they all work. They all smell divine, although the Apricot Oil smells the least. It looks smooth, feels smooth, applies easily. I rub it into my cuticles after application, and then... And then it just disappears. I can't tell any difference, I swear. Does it evaporate? How much of it actually absorbs into my skin? I will not buy any more.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was given this as a gift by a friend. I really like the smell, and it applies easily. Rubbing it in, I do notice a short-lasted change in the skin around my nails, but it doesn't last long (like two or three hours).

It's nice; my biggest beef is just that it doesn't have any lasting effects, and it's not something I think I really need anyways.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by beautyybabee

This product is probably my HOLY GRAIL nail product (and I use nail polish like crazy). When I remove my nail polish, I use acetone, the same one the salons use, that over time damages and dries out my nails. After I use the acetone, I paint this over my cuticles as well as my actual nail and it hydrates my cuticles and my enamel. This is such a great product, and if you use this after you remove your nail polish, you can see a difference in your nail. This product is great and it smells good! It is a little pricey, $7 at Walmart, but it's definitely worth it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2013 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Embeth3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Eh, I am not impressed.
This comes in a standard Essie nail polish bottle and you apply it with the brush. My brush is very short and is at least a good 4mm from the bottom of the bottle, which means there will be wastage. This is beside the point however, as I doubt I will ever use it up because I really dislike it.
The texture is really thin and fluid so it tends to drip but it doesn't absorb quickly and requires a lot of massaging in, then I leave little oily, smeary fingerprints all over everything. So annoying.
And the smell - I don't know exactly what is supposed to be but it doesn't smell like apricot. More some vague fruity floral with an undertone of castor oil, which I despise. I don't know if that's my imagination of if it does contain it because I never got the box or an ingredient list when I purchased it. But yuck!
Avoplex is better but I prefer the L'Occitane shea butter tube most of all.
This is a major pass all round for me.
:-(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2013 12:30:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My go to for cuticles is the Hoofer's Choice nail cream (sold at Sally's). But, this product comes in a tub (not travel friendly). I still us this for my night treatment. So, I decided to pickup a day treatment for on the go and got the Essie Apricot oil. LOVE the polish bottle packaging. So easy to keep in your purse for day treatments. The smell is strong and perfumey. I thought it would be a light fruity scent but it's not. But, it appears a lot of reviewers actually love the scent. In comparison, the Essie oil isn't as moisturizing and it doesn't sink in as well as the hoofer's choice. I find with Essie, you have to really massage the oil into the nails and cuticles for a good two minutes for it to really sink in and do its job. Also, I find with this oil is that you need to use it more often than the hoofer's choice cream. When I apply the cream before bed, I wake up with very moisturized nails and smooth cuticles. With Essie, I notice after about two hours, my cuticles are looking dry again. But, my cuticles are naturally extremely dry and very rough with frequent hang nails. So, this will work just fine one someone with normal to dry cuticles. Overall, still a real good treatment and I will continue to use this for my day moisturizer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/4/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by Zoebella93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This stuff is wonderful it really keeps your nails hydrated and nourished I use it everytime I paint my nails I like to use it as a finishing coat and it leaves looking beautiful !!! I think it's a nails must have for sure ! Would but again:)))

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 5:54:00 PM More reviews by cheerislife

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think in stores this product is about 8 or 9 USD, but I bought it on amazon for $4.45, which is a pretty good price. as for the product, I love it! it smells delicious! and it does wonders for my peeling cuticles! would definitely buy again :)