November 28, 2014 | 1257 users online

Treatments - Essie - apricot cuticle oil

rated 3 of 5 on 11/12/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by liselorebon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this, it's easy to apply, and while it is an oil, it's not too greasy. I wouldn't say it's overly nourishing on the cuticles. A thick hand cream is probably better for that. But I also use it on my nails, when I have no nail polish on. I makes them look shiney, and I feel that it somehow nourishes my nail a bit. Better than normal nail strengtheners. I have done the same on my nails with baby oil, but this absords better.

And yes, I do love them smell. Sure, it's a chemical scent, but I love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2014 5:32:00 AM More reviews by faune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm not really convinced by this. It's not bad, but not great either and I'm not convinced this will perform better than any other oil applied regularly. I wouldn't be so disappointed if I enjoyed the smell which I don't, even if it is very subdued. I find it smells like cheap knock off fruity perfume. I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 8:47:00 PM More reviews by rosebud264

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm a fanatical cuticle moisturiser and have tried every oil and cream I can get my hands on. This, for me, is up there with the best. Good consistency (not too runny, not too thick and gel-like), great smell, absorbs well. Price is just OK. I have repeatedly re-purchased. It's probably not the best for on-the-go application unless you've got somewhere to set the bottle to avoid spillage.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by saturninus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this product for several months and it just isn't as effective as other cuticle products.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:53:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The packaging is convenient for an oil but that's about all I liked about this product. The hyped up apricot part of the oil seems to do nothing but give it a fake, apricot smell. Luckily that faded quickly but so did most of the effect it had on my cuticles. After a few hours they were back to normal, and even repeated use didn't do much. Frankly I don't have time or the desire to apply this after every hand wash. Save your money and buy something else.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by crumbley11

My cuticles have been so dry this winter that I have tried all kinds of things to keep them moisturized. This works well, smells good and I think massaging it into my nails helps as well to keep them strong. This is a nice treat and I will buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by BiancaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Firstly I would like to say to any Australian people reading this review, this product smells exactly like those yummy little apricot bars/balls! I love it.
I was originally looking to purchase Sally Hansen nail oil because it was on special at Priceline, but they didn't have any in stock :( My nails are very dry and peel a lot so I was looking for something that I could apply to keep them nourished. I have been using Essence nail oil and at $1.75 that stuff is well worth the price! But I wanted to find something with more benefit to my nails.
I found the Essie apricot oil for the same price as the Sally Hanson oil I was intending to purchase so thought I would give it a shot. I have been using it for only 2 days and I can already see a difference in my nail & cuticle condition.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/23/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by nnutcase

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I own this, a Sally Hansen cuticle treatment pen, and a few tins of Burts Bees cuticle creams. I wish I could say that there is no difference and that they all work. They all smell divine, although the Apricot Oil smells the least. It looks smooth, feels smooth, applies easily. I rub it into my cuticles after application, and then... And then it just disappears. I can't tell any difference, I swear. Does it evaporate? How much of it actually absorbs into my skin? I will not buy any more.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/17/2013 5:40:00 PM More reviews by emmiemc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I was given this as a gift by a friend. I really like the smell, and it applies easily. Rubbing it in, I do notice a short-lasted change in the skin around my nails, but it doesn't last long (like two or three hours).

It's nice; my biggest beef is just that it doesn't have any lasting effects, and it's not something I think I really need anyways.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by beautyybabee

This product is probably my HOLY GRAIL nail product (and I use nail polish like crazy). When I remove my nail polish, I use acetone, the same one the salons use, that over time damages and dries out my nails. After I use the acetone, I paint this over my cuticles as well as my actual nail and it hydrates my cuticles and my enamel. This is such a great product, and if you use this after you remove your nail polish, you can see a difference in your nail. This product is great and it smells good! It is a little pricey, $7 at Walmart, but it's definitely worth it!