Weleda Skin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil, Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil, Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Glycerol Linoleate, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholestrol, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*. * From natural essential oils

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Clearly, many people seem to be very excited about this, but this turned out to be a "Don't believe the hype!" experience for me. I am uncertain how much love this product would get if it wasn't for the fact that a bunch of celebrities and beauty experts have called this their holy grail. Maybe it works on oily and normal skin, but for very dry skin it does nothing. Moisture is way more important for skin that oil, and this is so greasy it just sits on top and never really sinks in. It did not moisturize my skin one bit. Not even a tiny little bit. And don't think you can rub this all over your body, this isn't a body cream, it's more an ointment/salve. I guess some people use it for certain spots, like elbows, but I tried that and again, it did nothing. I then applied it under my eyes before bed, and my under-eye area felt really nice and supple the next morning, but after three days I started to break out. So yeah, I guess it just isn't meant to be. The only thing I love about this is the smell. A lot of people have mentioned this smells citrusy, as a lot of Weleda products do, so I was a little hesitant at first since I don't like citrus scents, but when I took a whiff at the store I totally loved it. It doesn't smell citrusy to me, it smells medicinal, but in a really nice, herbal way. I really adore the scent, but that shouldn't be a reason for a repurchase. I found no use for this. If you suffer from dry areas here and there, use Coconut Oil. Works better, and it's cheaper, too.

on 4/2/2015 11:03:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I always shop at Whole Foods and for the longest time I would pop into the beauty isle an use the tester of this on my hands. Pop in even though I wasn't buying anything at the market that day sometimes. It became like an addiction for me. I could never bring myself to buy it because it costs $18.99 for about 2.5 ounces. However, last week it went on sale for just $8.99, so I went and bought 3.
After using this regularly for a week, I must say, my addiction continues. This cream is AMAZING. I love it so much.
It does have a scent to it, but I happen to like the smell. The consistency is pretty thick, however it easy easy to smooth into the skin. I use this on my hands, knees, and elbows. I dab a bit on my knees and elbows, then rub it in. Then use my regular body lotion on top and everywhere else. The Skin Food really made a huge difference. A little bit goes a long way, and it has softened my roughest areas completely.
I will never go without this again. When my 3 run out, I will purchase it at full price because it really is an HG product for me.

By far my new favourite skin product. I purchased this after reading reviews stating that people used it under their eyes. As a busy woman who doesn't get much sleep, I was keen to try anything to moisten the dry, crinkly skin under my eyes for a good price. Being 25 I didn't want to have to start using heavy duty eye cream yet, because quite frankly, I spend way too much money on my skin already. It feels lovely on the skin - it sinks in very well if you apply only a small amount (a little goes a long way) and wait a few minutes - go and make a coffee. I use it on top of my tinted sunscreen and its enough to keep my eyes soft and juicy all day long - I don't put makeup on over the top so I'm not sure how it would go with concealer. My skin no longer feels tight and uncomfortable by the end of the day. I also chuck on a big goop at night and it sinks in pretty quickly.

BUT by far the most maaaagical use I have found for this is pimple scar reducing!! I have a very bad knack for attacking my face when I receive a hideous giant pimple that won't flipping flip off. This all started when I had a facial that used just one too many exfoliants on my sensitive skin. My skin was bright red and hot and since I was away with my girlfriends and had a few drinks I thought it would be a really smart idea to pat a small amount of skin food all over my face. I am well aware that this could have resulted in tiny pimples all over my face or a reaction but whatever, YOLO. The next morning I woke up to find that my skin was not only plump and normal coloured and soft and not at all hot any more, but my an old pimple on my face looked much less big and red and scabby. For the next few nights I applied the cream just on my pimple and it was gone in a week. I have never had this before. Normally the stupid red dot stays for weeks and weeks mocking me for giving in to temptation and picking at it, but ha ha, not now! I don't think I would use this all over my face every night as I am a bit wary of clogging up my pores with too much product, but I do use it when my face needs a little TLC and its great. Please try this if you have sensitive skin or very dry skin. Its cheap and if your face doesn't like it then chuck it on your feet and make them beautiful (tip: don't have baby soft feet when you just buy new shoes - you will get blisters).

As far as the smell goes, I like it! I don't think its strong at all and my boyfriend just goes "mmm, lemony". There are plenty of other skin care products which smell MUCH worse. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream anyone? BLEUGH.

The best natural moisturizing cream I've used - EVER - and I use it solely on my face. Other reviewers have commented on the smell which I agree is not the best but I've smelled far worse and it's tolerable. A bad citrus scent is better than most other bad scents if that makes sense. I really like it, super moisturising and makes the skin feel soft and plump. If you have dry and/or older skin you'll love the thickness but if you don't like heavy creams, you probably won't. Can't say anything bad - except the foil?/aluminium?/tin? tube it comes in (I'm showing my ignorance but I don't know what it is) as it's a little hard to squeeze it all out but such a minor thing for a great cream. Oh, and because the cream is so thick, takes just a touch longer to apply so best to dab small dots around the face but the result is definitely worth it.
EDITED: It has alcohol fairly high up on the ingredient list (not cetyl/cetearyl/stearyl et al which are fine, but the garden-variety type which is drying over time). But as far as I know not toxic. And I think my skin feels drier in general after using this for a little while, although it could be psychosomatic now that I've looked at the ingredients more carefully, or because we're coming into cold weather. So I've changed from 5 stars to 4.

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

I love this stuff. I normally use it as a hand balm and on occasion put it on my face if I have a dry bit that needs overnight fixing. Don't love the smell but it fades quickly and it's worth it for a product that is super rich and comforting.

I love it even more after a recent allergic reaction that caused my face to dry up and peel. Very tight skin, stinging and uncomfortable. Everything else I tried caused stinging (Eucerin, Aloe Vera) so I put a layer of this on and it has been the only cream that causes no stinging and lasts for a decent amount of time. My skin is drinking lotion so I have had to reapply regularly, but it is brilliant stuff.

Tube is sturdy btw, for those concerned about the packaging. Travelled with it, thrown it the handbag, still going strong.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I used to hate the smell, but I've gotten used to it. Great for winter dry skin.

on 3/1/2015 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Weleda was on sale at our local Whole Foods so I picked up the large tube (2.5 oz.) of Skin Food (the small one was sold out) for $11 - instead of 19. Meanwhile I am not in love. Smells odd - not bad but not great. (The Pomegranate Body Lotion smells great.) Texture is thick and STICKY and does not drink in easily - that said the ingredients are great (lots of safflower oil in there) and useful as a foot treatment (sticky feet at bed time) wrapped in socks.

There is no way I would use this on my face.

Will not re-purchase.

on 1/25/2015 7:27:00 PM

I love this product so much. It's perfect for applying to make up free skin before a run to protect your face from the elements. Otherwise, underneath your foundation for a dewy glow. My only concern is the metal tube seems very easily bent and therefore could split and cause the product to escape!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love Weleda products and this is my favourite face cream at the moment. Perfect as a night cream or as a winter protection day cream. It is very thick, but I love how soft, plump and radiant my skin looks afterwards. For my evening routine I sometimes even pair it with 2-3 drops of rose hip oil to add a little bit of extra nourishment. The smell is herbal and I must admit it took some time to get used to, but now I am totally comfortable with it.

on 12/7/2014 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This cream smells exactly like the stale air in an airplane.

Popular Moisturizers