Weleda Skin Food

4.2

Water,Sunflower Seed Oil, Lanolin, Sweet Almond Oil, Alcohol, Beeswax (Cera Flava), Glycerol Linoleate, Hydrolyzed Beeswax, Fragrance*, Viola Tricolor Extract, Rosemary Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Cholestrol, Limonene*, Linalool*, Geraniol*, Citral*, Coumarin*. * From natural essential oils

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Well I bought this on a friend's recommendation, she loves it. I do like the packaging, and I think you get a lot of product, but it's the cream itself that I'm not a fan of. It is quite thick and heavy, but seems to have a powdery texture to it. After using it I feel like I've rubbed talc into my hands. I find it uncomfortable. I've tried to love it but it's not for me. I prefer my hand creams to have a little more moisture to them. I also don't particularly like the scent, I find it a bit much, like the consistency of the cream. Won't finish it and I've only used it a week!

My first review, because this is so worth it. I have combination skin and especially dry parts in winter. I clean my skin with the "Take the day off" butter from Clinique, I use it on top of the p50 lotion, alternating with the retinol treatment from Paiula's Choice. This is by far the best combination in the winter I have had so far. I apply more to the places on the face where more nourishment is needed and dab a little off afterwards on the forehead, nose and chin area with a tissue. It sinks in after a few moments.

I have tried so many high end creams, but nothing compares. I use it on top of alternating serums during the day (sometimes just pure hyaluronic acid, which I order online, which actually works best).

Recently I have been using it as an eye cream too, and it does, what I expect. Yes, I like heavy duty stuff, so it's probably nothing for women who prefer gels there ; ) . I cannot see any difference to really pricey creams.

That you can use in ANYWHERE on the body where you need extra nourishment/softness is an extra bonus: less products on the shelf, which I enjoy too.

Love this pure and natural stuff, that is absolutely affordable (ok, I live in Germany, where you can buy the 75ml for about 6 Dollars, but I would spend more on it too, if I had to.)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I primarily bought this cream as a hand moisturiser (I've tried the lot from very expensive ones like Jurlique and Hand Chemistry to cheap ones like Neutrogena and nothing worked on my dry, chapped hands!) to help my ragged cuticles and dry skin. It worked brilliantly - I am a cuticles picker (especially on my thumbs!) and now the cuticles are soft so nothing is there to pick and my nails are nice and glossy. I massage in a small amount also during the day and it sinks in without a trace of stickiness.

Then I moved on to using it also on my elbows (first I used a sugar and coffee grains scrub to get the dry skin off) and my feet (here I recommend putting some sock overnight, especially if you are using a large amount of this cream) and anywhere where my body needed moisture the most. It keeps this very dehydrated and dry areas supple and soft.

I use it on my face as well now - as I work in a very well heated studio (I guess I am quite lucky here!) and my skin is constantly parched during winter so at night, after applying it on my hands I press them onto my face and add some more cream directly from the tube as needed (I try to avoid my T zone). I do not use it every night, maybe two times a week as when applied as overnight cream just made my face puffy and not very fresh looking in the morning but very comfortable during the night.

I need yet to try it as a mask (I think I would need to wipe off the excess) or apply it on a wet skin - maybe this would cause it to sink in better as an overnight treatment? We'll see.

I also pat a small amount of it over my makeup on top of my cheekbones to keep this area hydrated (it is unpleasant when this part of my face gets tight in winter) during the day but the amount needs to be really tiny, so that not to break up the makeup underneath.

The fragrance is moderate, citrusy and herbal, quite pleasant and it does not remain on the skin. It does not bother me nor it makes my eyes water when applied near the orbital bone.

I've never had any breakouts from it, the tube is more hygienic than any pot and you can squeeze the exact amount you need. BTW - The Body Shop sells these metal tube squeezers so it might be a good idea to get one to prevent the metal of the tube from breaking and leaking the oil.

A tube lasts me all winter and quite frankly makes lots of heavier creams I used to use during winter time, redundant. It is also much less pricy than any other cream that I used to use during winter so I keep on tube on my bedside table and another one on my desk in the studio (just to make a comparison here: Jurlique's hand cream is more than 3 times the price of Weleda SF and half as effective, a more effective imho than Jurlique Hand Chemistry hand cream is twice the price). 75 ml of SF is £10 so for me it is not that expensive especially that it seems to be the only cream I need during 5 months of winter time in Scotland.

The package is a bit smaller then I expected but it's totally worth the price! It does make magic with my faice while I leave it for night. Especially for those who must deal with bad ecology of city. It's a bit oily so I prefer to use it while I sleep. A lot of good things to say about Weleda brand. I hope ther products continue to remain as natural as they r now. The smell is not always sweet and tasty but the result is way more important. My skin adores everything that I buy from this brand. My boyfriend shares this cream with me as well.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Read all the amazing reviews on here and decided to splurge on it! At first I bought the small tube and used that up and I freaking loved it so I went back to get the bigger bottle. :) My face soaks it right up. Especially great for our Canadian winters! For a while I was using it day and night, but it takes a long time for it to seep in so it's better as a night time moisturiser. My skin is so much less tight and uncomfortable since I started using it and a little goes a long way! I also use this on my hands since this time of year they always get super dry with eczema patches. All natural and they don't test on animals which is a huge bonus for me. Two big ol' thumbs up!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Not to brag, ok I'm bragging, but I'm known for my soft skin. Really. Everyone comments on how soft my skin is and I do not take that compliment lightly because I work very hard to keep it that way. From my face to my legs, to my hands, I have a moisturizer for every inch of my body, and I'm always on the look out for something that will get at those tougher spots, especially as winter is approaching. My biggest needs are dry patches that appear around my ankles in the cold weather and the ever present need for under eye moisturizing. After hearing about how so many people have used Weleda as both a body and face moisturizer I was willing to give it a try.

As a body moisturizer it wasn't very effective. It didn't penetrate my skin very well, and I found it hovered on top of my skin more than soaked in. It didn't do anything for the dry patches where I needed it most and hardly did anything for my regular skin areas. After about a week I gave up on that and went back to my Aveeno body lotion which is the best thing in the world.

Then I used Weleda on my face. At first I concentrated on my under eye area. I didn't notice too big a difference, but the thick cream felt great and it didn't hurt to have a little extra under my eyes before bed. I started experimenting around other parts of my face. At first, my face took a long time to adjust. I didn't notice any big difference and I had little break outs (negligible nothing to freak out about). It was still early fall and I discontinued using it. As winter started and there were some very cold dry days, I gave it another try. This time I saw much better results. My face soaked up the moisturizer like a super sponge. Little dry spots around my nose and mouth from the windy day were especially helped by Skin Food. The area under my eyes didn't see much difference at first. However, I realized that after about three weeks I started to notice a change.

So my final verdict after playing around with this is. Skin Food is most definitely ideal for colder windier temperatures and not a good face moisturizer for spring or summer. To see some really good results you gotta stick with it for a few weeks and remain consistent during that time. However, because of it's thickness you also have to be vigilant and monitor your skin. Don't just follow a regimen because it's what you are allegedly supposed to do, listen to your skin and meet it where it is at. I found Skin Food worked well a few days a week and I gave my face a rest from it two or three nights a week. It's also a good idea to let it soak in for a few minutes and then blot the excess away before going to bed or applying any make up so as to avoid accidentally blocking your pores.

Overall, with a little experimenting and consistency, Skin Food can be really great when you need a little extra kick in the cold months without spending more money or slathering multiple types of goop all over your face. I'm a new fan.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I must admit I'm a little shocked to see such glowing reviews. It made me doubt my opinion. But to me this cream can be summed up in one word - meh. It's fine. It's kind of heavy and greasy. I use it on my hands and feet. It is adequate, but nothing special. I wouldn't dare use it on my face - it's much too heavy. But honestly? Meh.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I always shop at Whole Foods and for the longest time I would pop into the beauty isle an use the tester of this on my hands. Pop in even though I wasn't buying anything at the market that day sometimes. It became like an addiction for me. I could never bring myself to buy it because it costs $18.99 for about 2.5 ounces. However, last week it went on sale for just $8.99, so I went and bought 3.
After using this regularly for a week, I must say, my addiction continues. This cream is AMAZING. I love it so much.
It does have a scent to it, but I happen to like the smell. The consistency is pretty thick, however it easy easy to smooth into the skin. I use this on my hands, knees, and elbows. I dab a bit on my knees and elbows, then rub it in. Then use my regular body lotion on top and everywhere else. The Skin Food really made a huge difference. A little bit goes a long way, and it has softened my roughest areas completely.
I will never go without this again. When my 3 run out, I will purchase it at full price because it really is an HG product for me.

By far my new favourite skin product. I purchased this after reading reviews stating that people used it under their eyes. As a busy woman who doesn't get much sleep, I was keen to try anything to moisten the dry, crinkly skin under my eyes for a good price. Being 25 I didn't want to have to start using heavy duty eye cream yet, because quite frankly, I spend way too much money on my skin already. It feels lovely on the skin - it sinks in very well if you apply only a small amount (a little goes a long way) and wait a few minutes - go and make a coffee. I use it on top of my tinted sunscreen and its enough to keep my eyes soft and juicy all day long - I don't put makeup on over the top so I'm not sure how it would go with concealer. My skin no longer feels tight and uncomfortable by the end of the day. I also chuck on a big goop at night and it sinks in pretty quickly.

BUT by far the most maaaagical use I have found for this is pimple scar reducing!! I have a very bad knack for attacking my face when I receive a hideous giant pimple that won't flipping flip off. This all started when I had a facial that used just one too many exfoliants on my sensitive skin. My skin was bright red and hot and since I was away with my girlfriends and had a few drinks I thought it would be a really smart idea to pat a small amount of skin food all over my face. I am well aware that this could have resulted in tiny pimples all over my face or a reaction but whatever, YOLO. The next morning I woke up to find that my skin was not only plump and normal coloured and soft and not at all hot any more, but my an old pimple on my face looked much less big and red and scabby. For the next few nights I applied the cream just on my pimple and it was gone in a week. I have never had this before. Normally the stupid red dot stays for weeks and weeks mocking me for giving in to temptation and picking at it, but ha ha, not now! I don't think I would use this all over my face every night as I am a bit wary of clogging up my pores with too much product, but I do use it when my face needs a little TLC and its great. Please try this if you have sensitive skin or very dry skin. Its cheap and if your face doesn't like it then chuck it on your feet and make them beautiful (tip: don't have baby soft feet when you just buy new shoes - you will get blisters).

As far as the smell goes, I like it! I don't think its strong at all and my boyfriend just goes "mmm, lemony". There are plenty of other skin care products which smell MUCH worse. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream anyone? BLEUGH.

The best natural moisturizing cream I've used - EVER - and I use it solely on my face. Other reviewers have commented on the smell which I agree is not the best but I've smelled far worse and it's tolerable. A bad citrus scent is better than most other bad scents if that makes sense. I really like it, super moisturising and makes the skin feel soft and plump. If you have dry and/or older skin you'll love the thickness but if you don't like heavy creams, you probably won't. Can't say anything bad - except the foil?/aluminium?/tin? tube it comes in (I'm showing my ignorance but I don't know what it is) as it's a little hard to squeeze it all out but such a minor thing for a great cream. Oh, and because the cream is so thick, takes just a touch longer to apply so best to dab small dots around the face but the result is definitely worth it.
EDITED: It has alcohol fairly high up on the ingredient list (not cetyl/cetearyl/stearyl et al which are fine, but the garden-variety type which is drying over time). But as far as I know not toxic. And I think my skin feels drier in general after using this for a little while, although it could be psychosomatic now that I've looked at the ingredients more carefully, or because we're coming into cold weather. So I've changed from 5 stars to 4.

Top Rated Weleda Products