MD Formulations Moisture Defense Antioxidant Spray

Purified Water, Glycerin, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Sodium PCA, Superoxide Dismutase, Ceramide III, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Linolenic Acid, Tocopheral, Millet ( Panicum Miliaceum) Extract, Chamomile (Anthemis Nobilis) Extract, Licorice (Glycyrrhiza Glabra) Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Butylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Imidazolidynl Urea. 5/20/09

on 1/29/2015 2:41:00 AM

Used 2 bottles. When it comes to toner, I resort to beautypedia.com for help since they are so similar to my naked eyes. As I have normal/ oily skin, I don't need moisturizer but I still want those goodies( antioxidant/ skin beneficial ingredient), so great toner is the answer. I bought this as it is being rated as best, among others, and it comes in a spray bottle. Much much more convenient if I wanner reapply to have more goodies. I This is the only " moisturizer" I need ( oily / combination skin) in most days. In the " deep" winter, need to add something for the bit dry, eye area.

It's getting difficult to buy, only available thro website and at $28, does not qualify for free shipping. And can't get 2 bottles cuz one bottle daily use ( morning and nite) lasts almost a year if not longer. So I venture to try out other at their counters. MAC is a bit tacky / sticky. Clinique even better lotion ( is a toner, water) is a close match but a lot more expensive and not in a spray bottle.

on 8/28/2014 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This literally changed my skin, I have fair skin & I've always had a problem with an uneven/dull skintone. I wanted something with antioxidants I could use under makeup so I decided to give this a try. I know how well Niacin is supposed to work for the skin barrier, so I bought a small packet from Garden of Wisdom and added a few teaspoons to the MD Formulations Spray.

The change was amazing! After 1 month, I didn't even need a moisturizer anymore in the morning, my skin looked drastically more even toned & even the red marks faded to the point where I didn't even need concealer anywhere. I use Make Up For Ever Face & Body foundation and after using this Spray for the past few months, I don't even have to use foundation all over, just dabs here & there. It seems a bit pricey but it's a huge bottle & lasts a long time. The spray itself is actually A LOT MORE MOISTURIZING than it seems too. I highly recommend trying this out & if you can, the niacin powder (it's super cheap at Garden of Wisdom) will definitely add boost to this, especially for any dry skin girls & those who want to even out skin tone or fade acne marks!

If the ingredients are safe to use during your pregnancy (I believe they are but it never hurts to double check) I highly recommend grabbing it & adding a bit of Niacin powder!

on 12/6/2013 11:14:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Holy grail toner 10000%. I have been searching for an alcohol free, moisturising and beneficial toner for so long and I have found it!

This toner is packed full of antioxidants and really doesn't have anything nasty in it - and trust me I do my research! I really feel like it calms and moisturises my skin.

I have used toners in the past that I felt were good as they had a refreshing feel and didn't tighten on me. But this actually moisturises and is full of ingredients that are truly beneficial to skin.

The slight downfall is that it's expensive I think around $28 but that's for a big bottle and as you spray it on your face and don't use a cotton pad your not wasting any product and so it lasts a long time!

EDIT: I had to lower this to one star. Its started to burn around my eyes slightly and although it has good ingredients, I haven't actually seen an improvement on my skin :(

on 5/17/2012 1:08:00 AM

I regret buying this, it was costly but didn't meet up to it's claims. I was experiencing winter dry skin so I wanted something extra to boost it up. This doesn't help at all, the bright side is, it didn't make my skin worse.

on 3/8/2012 3:56:00 AM

I purchased this toner based on the recommendation of Paula Begoun as it was listed in her best skin care products. I love that it contains antioxidants, soothing agents, skin identical ingredients, is fragrance free, and doesn't contain alcohol. Additionally I love the spray bottle that spritzes a fine mist and that means no more cotton pads needed to apply a toner. I apply this after each time I wash my face, usually 3 to 4 sprays to cover my face and neck. I find it dries within seconds and never leaves my skin feeling greasy or sticky. Doesn't interfere with application of any additional products that I apply on the face/neck from moisturizers, AHA, BHA, serums, SPF, primers or make-up. I've been using this toner for sometime and have experienced no negative side effects, including irritation or clogged pores. Love this toner and will definitely repurchase.

on 10/19/2011 7:26:00 AM

I like to use a moisture spray, late afternoon, to freshen my makeup, rehydrated a little. I have tried a number of similar products (MAC, Clinique, Origins, Prescriptives), but this is my favorite. It has a fine mist, feels refreshing and super moisturizing. I sometimes use this on my neck and décolleté in place of a moisturizer.

on 7/9/2011 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I use this as a toner and it is my fave hands down. In summer I quite often use this in place of moisturiser, it's all I need as my skin is quite oily in the hot weather. No fragrance and no alcohol so I never get any nasty side effects. Btw its extra refreshing in summer to keep this in the fridge :)

on 2/23/2011 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

It's pretty generous. And the idea is great. But I just didn't like it. It does not dry. It just goes really sticky which bothered me even when I used it at night. And for some reason it stung my face. Shame because it did moisturise quite well.

on 12/28/2010 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To be fair, I bought this @ the Bare Minerals store (it is part of their line) and have used it only in conjunction with their makeup; not with any other & that's how I'm basing my review.

By itself, it doesn't absorb very quickly at all and it makes my skin feel sticky; as if I just got out of a sauna. When it finally dries, the skin is still a bit sticky. It says to use under or over makeup; If I use it under the makeup, it gives the makeup a clumpy, splotchy, cakey appearance & doesn't go on evenly. If I use it over the makeup, my makeup immediately begins to "run". Being that it's part of the Bare Mineral product line, you'd think it'd be 'compatible' with the makeup!

Plus, it's awfully expensive for nothing more than 'sticky water'.

on 10/16/2010 12:32:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

really wanted to love this - tried it a few months ago - suspected it broke me out. went back to it one month ago and after twice daily use as a toner I am chucking this.
already rosacea prone my skin has been flared and whitehead breakouts galore , it has to be this stuff, as yesterday I went back to clinique extra mild toner and already things are improving. perhaps the sugar of licorice extract or the gluten in the millet extract has been the culprit?