April 21, 2014 | 947 users online

Brows - Merle Norman - brow pencil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2009 10:19:00 PM More reviews by pjw1209

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has been my favorite brow pencil for over ten years. I work from home, so it lasts forever. It has a great brush at the end and I use a Q-Tip to remove the excess color. It goes on so smooth and the color match is perfect. I just wish I had a Merle Norman store in my area.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 4:23:00 PM More reviews by MissBrittanyM

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am a former MN beauty advisor, and a huge fan of the Definitive Brow Pencil in Taupe. This is a standard pencil that must be sharpened, and it is a powder brow color rather than a thicker waxy pencil, which is why it looks so natural. One pencil retails for about $12 and lasts me about one and a half years. Unfortunately, this product is now being replaced with a mineral version, and the colors and textures differ quite a bit. I am stocking up while I can.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2008 2:35:00 PM More reviews by theriddler01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using their brow pencil for years. One pencil will last me about a year, maybe longer. I use the light brown. I love it b/c it doesn't have the reddish color other pencils I've tried has. Sometimes I have to rub it on a piece of paper to get it going though. Probably b/c mine get so old? I recently went to get another one and they have a powder brow pencil. I bought this one instead of the regular one. I actually like it a little better b/c it does go on with little effort. You must be careful b/c it is a powder in a pencil you will get it too dark. But next time you go to get a pencil, try the powder one too.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by pupster

This used to be a good product but has since been "improved" and not for the better. The color taupe is still a perfect color, but the pencil is now a powder pencil. This makes it more difficult to apply compared to the former waxy textured pencil, it also breaks very easily due to the powder consistency.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2006 6:40:00 PM More reviews by klyde

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Thanks to the rave reviews I tried this and love it. I have light brown hair and use taupe. What a great shade - looks so natural! Usually I end up with a color that is orangey brown or too dark (scary Joan Crawford brows) or a waxy pencil that wears off right away. I have some powder I like the look of but it doesn't last and I often get some in my eyes when I apply it. This Merle Norman pencil is great because the color is perfect, it wears well, and it's easy to apply. I am very cheap - I was only using Wet n Wild pencils, but wasn't quite satisfied. This one was around $10, but it's worth it. I'm getting a second one for my purse and one for my Mom.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2004 9:08:00 PM More reviews by minxgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm going to agree with the other gals 100%: this is the best eyebrow pencil on the planet. I too use the taupe shade for my light brown eyebrows. It goes on smoothly and looks natural. Another great plus about this product is that it includes a brush right on the cap, so there's no need to purchase a separate eyebrow brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2004 11:12:00 AM More reviews by BarrysGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brow pencil in Taupe is hands-down the very best brow pencil I have ever used. Revlon, Almay, and others have discontinued their excellent ones but this one is even better. The Taupe color is perfect for those with light brown hair--like a cross between ash blonde and light brown, both of which are too light and too dark for me, respectively. Buy this!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2003 6:03:00 AM More reviews by remag

I never thought of walking into a Merle Norman Boutique but was given a gift certificate so I thought, why not? I was very impressed! I ended up purchasing quite a few items! One of the items I was very impressed with is the Definitive Brow Pencil in Dark Brown. This goes on beautifully, is very natural, doesn't tug when applied and leaves a powdery finish. I have yet to find an eyebrow pencil that stays put like this one and I have tried many. I sell on ebay (cosmeticprincess)and receive tons of items before they are even released so I get to try all kinds of stuff! I will buy this item again!