July 28, 2014 | 1294 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Conair - Crimper/shiner/straightener/waver

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Aniax021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I remember using this when I was younger..it was my very first styling tool.
This is a horrible product. It does not work.

If you straighten your hair with it..it won't even straighten 100%..but if you do manage to straighten at least 80% of it after about 30-40 mins(because this product does not get so hot)..after about 30 mins it will curl again, which you will straighten again..and again and again, to try to get it perfectly straight.
So basically you are damaging your hair over and over again trying to get it 100% straight...but you won't. The style does not hold for more than 30 mins. Same goes for the crimper/shiner/waver..

So, don't waste your money, save up and purchase a quality styling tool, you will only end up with damaged hair with this.

Also, the shiner doesn't even make your hair shiny, it pulls on your hair a lot..which I also found to be the case with the straightener a bit..
Sad..because it looks like such a promising product, but it does not work, period.
I would not purchase this again. I would not recommend this to anyone.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 11:54:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

Oh this bring back such fond memories for me. I remember Christmas of 2002, at the age of 13, I was going through the 13 going on 30 stage (Boy I feel sorry for my parents back then!). After spending month of begging my dad (a man who obviously never liked the idea of his daughter growing up) he finally caved in and got me this as part of my Christmas pressie. I was soo young, at the time, I though this was the real deal, my first grown up straightener/hair tool etc........(Yeah my parents had a good laugh at me trying to be 30!)
I think this is great to get for young girls! Honestly to me, now that I think about, this is no more then just a toy. It was just a toy version of something I wanted, and it kept me off my parents back for the next 5 years, which was when I actually did get my very first REAL straightener.
The tool itself, I remember had no impact on my hair in any terms at all, only because the heat was really insufficient.
I still have my set, and I will always keep it, only because actually does have sentimental value to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/21/2011 9:10:00 AM More reviews by loveali

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

It doesn't shock me that this straightener has such bad reviews. This was my first straightener. It was horrible! I remember I got given it as a gift and I felt so ungrateful for disliking it, so I kept trying to find a way to make it work. Plus I received it as soon as it was released, so it was pretty expensive. Strands of my hair got caught on the edge of the plates and it really didn't straighten at all. My hair was frizzy from trying to get this to work. The crimper or maybe the waver worked quite well though. I can't remember what one now. But I'm not keen on crimped hair, so I only tried it out once. Anyway, I do agree... this sucked.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Zaiynab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

They had a good idea at the time. I'm giving it 3 lippies because I liked it when I got it, crimping was soooo in at my middle school (like 10 years ago) hahaha. However I don't remember the last time I used it, and it's still at my mom's house in another state.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2010 2:55:00 AM More reviews by AndeeMode

Simply put, this flat iron/crimper/shiner/waver whatever is terrible.
I purchased this for my little cousin (16) becuase she was new to the whole beauty thing, so I wanted to give her a couple new things to play with.
I purchased a small makeup kit from Sephora & this from either Target or Walmart (I don't recall) . I totally believed this would be great because it did so many things :p But oh my gosh, that poor girl.
She wanted me to try it on her to show her the ropes, & I must have stopped half way through. I was attempting to straighten out her hair (which is already quite straight) & I could literally hear the crunchy popping sound from where it was damaging her hair :( The plates pulled strands and were doing absolutely nothing for her anyway, so I didn't even bother to try the crimper etc. >:[
I remember having a device very similar to this when I was younger, my first, & feeling as if my hair was to blame (because it never turned out right). But no, I will never repurchase a Conair hair thing again. I don't even like their brushes. & there hot rollers are crap too.
I saved up a bit and purchased a Hot Tools flat iron for her later on.
Don't fall for the price, it's not even worth that :(
I do not rec :p

rated 1 of 5 on 6/14/2010 2:24:00 AM More reviews by KiKiDisney

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is probably the worst flat iron i've ever used. it was my very first iron and it kind of worked on my hair at least i thought it did until i got a real ceramic one and then i realized how awful it was. it takes 25 minutes to heat up and it doesnt even heat up that much. the straightener did not work at all however i will say that the crimper worked pretty good.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2010 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Victoiresecret

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate this. Only the curling iron works, but the heat up time for it is 10 minutes and you have to hold it there for 30 seconds to achieve and ugly, dead, straw like, dull curl that uncurls in 10 seconds unless you load it with hairspray. I really wanted the straightener in this and I turned it on at 9am to do my hair and it wouldn't heat up. I left this on and came back at 9:30 and it was the same. I was frustrated so I left it on until 5pm and I came back to touch it. It was hotter than before but only lukewarm. I bought myself a revlon perfect heat ceramic straightener afterwards and it works a million times better and actually straightens your hair. Now, a year later, I have a CHI that I use everyday, and I can't believe I ever bought this.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by immevu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

CARP CARP CARP!

Dose not work- b/c it does not get very hot. EVER! even after 40min! or 2hrs!

and when you use it- hold it for 5mins! STILL DOSE NOT WORK!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2009 7:28:00 PM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Alright. The one lippie I've been forced to give this product goes to the giggles I get after still seeing it on the market. I'm not going to lie, I have absolutely no idea how I ended up with this. Maybe a Christmas gift, maybe for some unexplainable reason I bought it for myself. Whatever the case, you can tell men came up with this one. First of all, this sucker is big enough to use as a weapon. I have a tendency of being clumbsy, and as another reviewer said, I have a fear of knocking myself unconscious with this massive instrument. Second, the plates heat up to a whopping 50 degrees (or so it feels). My straightener now gets to 395. Conair would never be able to tackle my thick, wavy hair at that rate. This might be ideal for a 5-year-old looking to play dress up, as the kid could pinch her fingers between the plates and not get burnt. The crimper is a joke, too. Probably a funnier one than the straightener. Save yourself the money and aggrivation and go buy a straightener meant for grown ups.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2008 6:03:00 AM More reviews by angieangie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Complete garbage... only the crimper works, but crimping hair is tacky.