Avon Gel Finish 7-in-1 Nail Enamel

3.9

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Best the nail polishes that I have used in years. I don't have my own nail dryer o i have to be patient to let it dry for over 45 minutes, but still it is worth all that. Nonetheless, no messaes that.This is denfinatly the best over the over-pricey expensive ones. Better than the nail salon, this is cheaper and anytime I can do it when I am in the mood. I have the shade barely there I ordered in on ebay, I gotta hurry to get some more shades, though I love the gel, still, I still want haute polish great advertistements

on 2/28/2015 10:16:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

ladies, ladies, ladies, I will give you a tip on how to appreciate this gel nail polish from Avon. I tried 2 bottles, 1 shade was the burgundy and the other was like a gold color. I liked the burgundy color, it looks exactly the same than the real gel nail polish which sells for more than $15, i didnt like the gold shade cuz it didn't have the "gel" look in it so I gave that away. so when it went on sale I bought all the dark colors and have been using it alternately and if I had a chip I re applied it to make it look new and fresh. people have been compaining about the drying time on this product, I'll teach you all a trick, get everything ready before you go to bed and apply the nail polish and lay your hands flat while sleeping and let it dry thst way, hope my review helped all the beautiful ladies out there, enjoy being pretty inside and out :)

on 10/25/2014 5:07:00 AM

I agree with previous posters, this takes FOREVER to flippin dry! 3hrs later and I dented them grabbing a tissue :( I suggest if you really want to use this polish or bought it and want to make it work, paint your nails at night, after you've washed your face and done your nightly routine. If you paint them shortly before you sleep I find they'll dry enough to lay and by the time I wake they're dry. This polish is however a way softer formula then I'm comfortable with like a few said before.

A side note, maybe I got a defective 2 bottles but when you unscrew it the brush is diagonal? Like when the lid is on I assume the brush would be aligned with the bottle and handle? But mine are both diagonal on the bottle and handle shape? So that was super weird and very hard to get used to for painting purposes. This is far from the worst polish i've ever purchased, and I got these for about $4-$5/each, but I've also purchased MUCH better and I won't reach for these often, or repurchase. I'd suggest the Sally Hansen Gel line to at home gel looking lady's :)

on 7/30/2014 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure

For the price, this is by far my favorite nail polish. There are a variety of colors available and you can easily get by with one coat. The only thing I do not like is the time it takes to dry your nails after applying. You literally will need to paint and sit for at least an hour without moving for your nails to dry and that is with only one coat. Allow an additional 30 min for each coat. Of course a little nail setting spray will help cut down on the drying time, but not by much.

It's like any other nail polish. Nothing special about it and it takes a long time to dry. I would not purchase it again.

on 7/10/2014 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I recently bought this polish in Fire Cracker, a true vivid red.
It takes long to dry, so do make sure you have plenty of time to apply the polish. But that's really the only bad thing I can say about this one. It goes on almost opaque in one coat (so if you're in a hurry you can get away with that). Once it's on and dry, it'll easily last a week (on my toes, it lasted more, I only washed it off because I got bored of it). I only put a topcoat on after about 3 days to give it that glossy finish again.
It is very easy to apply precisely and the brush is amazing.

on 7/9/2014 8:31:00 PM

I just got two bottles of this polish to try out. I use to get acrylics but stopped that about 6 months ago and decided to try growing my nails out on my own. All regular nail polish cracks or chips after ONE day on my natural nails. I applied this polish 3 days ago and there is not one single crack or chip yet. It goes on so nicely and all you need are two coats and your done. No top coat needed...this is super shiny. The ONLY complaint I have so far is the dry time. It took almost 3 hours to be completely dry! It stays very tacky and will dent if you bump something etc. So while this is a good polish, make sure you have plenty of time to let your nails dry!

on 5/21/2014 6:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I LOVE Avon nail polishes and have almost all of them so when this came out I was super excited. It applies like a dream the color pay off is amazing....but....even though it has a gel finish I find its super easy to dent.....and it's just a soft gel that doesn't actually dry. After one coat I waited to see how it was and 5 hours later it still dented and scraped off. It looks like gel I'll give it that but at this rate I'll stick with my uv polishes. Cnd, shellac, gelish etc.

I'm not sure I buy the hype. If I'm doing it wrong someone please give me tips. This is such a beautiful polish to have this major type of issue with :( I'm going to try the new Revlon polishes though and I'll come back and give my opinion on the comparison.

on 5/21/2014 4:49:00 PM

This stuff is great, it last at least a week and half on my nails, and that's a long time for me. Usually 3 days and my polish looks terrible or is peeling off. I do wish there was a bigger color selection, but other then that I have zero complaints!

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I haven't been able to try any of the gel nail polish treatments out there, and I figured when I saw this polish that it might be a good alternative. Right now I'm only polishing my toenails as I'm digging through file cabinets all day and don't want to mess up a manicure.

Having said that, I really like this polish. It has everything you need in one bottle, from base coat to top coat and everything in between. Without touching up, I got almost 3 weeks out of a pedicure before I took the polish off. It remained shiny and fresh looking the whole time. It also came off quickly with non-acetone polish, but for my second pedicure I used acetone as I was in a hurry.

I do wish there were more colors in this collection, perhaps a couple more shades of red and pink. The blue [Royal Vendetta] and green [Envy] are my favorites of all of the shades. The lavender shade [Lavender Sky] is a little muddy on my fingernails but on my toenails it's just right.