October 24, 2014 | 917 users online

Nails - Avon - Gel Finish 7-in-1 Nail Enamel

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by avonchic1328

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

For the price, this is by far my favorite nail polish. There are a variety of colors available and you can easily get by with one coat. The only thing I do not like is the time it takes to dry your nails after applying. You literally will need to paint and sit for at least an hour without moving for your nails to dry and that is with only one coat. Allow an additional 30 min for each coat. Of course a little nail setting spray will help cut down on the drying time, but not by much.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2014 9:52:00 AM More reviews by AustralianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It's like any other nail polish. Nothing special about it and it takes a long time to dry. I would not purchase it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by laamus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently bought this polish in Fire Cracker, a true vivid red.
It takes long to dry, so do make sure you have plenty of time to apply the polish. But that's really the only bad thing I can say about this one. It goes on almost opaque in one coat (so if you're in a hurry you can get away with that). Once it's on and dry, it'll easily last a week (on my toes, it lasted more, I only washed it off because I got bored of it). I only put a topcoat on after about 3 days to give it that glossy finish again.
It is very easy to apply precisely and the brush is amazing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Blanca009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I just got two bottles of this polish to try out. I use to get acrylics but stopped that about 6 months ago and decided to try growing my nails out on my own. All regular nail polish cracks or chips after ONE day on my natural nails. I applied this polish 3 days ago and there is not one single crack or chip yet. It goes on so nicely and all you need are two coats and your done. No top coat needed...this is super shiny. The ONLY complaint I have so far is the dry time. It took almost 3 hours to be completely dry! It stays very tacky and will dent if you bump something etc. So while this is a good polish, make sure you have plenty of time to let your nails dry!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by Elektraza86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Avon nail polishes and have almost all of them so when this came out I was super excited. It applies like a dream the color pay off is amazing....but....even though it has a gel finish I find its super easy to dent.....and it's just a soft gel that doesn't actually dry. After one coat I waited to see how it was and 5 hours later it still dented and scraped off. It looks like gel I'll give it that but at this rate I'll stick with my uv polishes. Cnd, shellac, gelish etc.

I'm not sure I buy the hype. If I'm doing it wrong someone please give me tips. This is such a beautiful polish to have this major type of issue with :( I'm going to try the new Revlon polishes though and I'll come back and give my opinion on the comparison.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Jenhaas504

This stuff is great, it last at least a week and half on my nails, and that's a long time for me. Usually 3 days and my polish looks terrible or is peeling off. I do wish there was a bigger color selection, but other then that I have zero complaints!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2014 2:46:00 PM More reviews by magpiesparkle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I haven't been able to try any of the gel nail polish treatments out there, and I figured when I saw this polish that it might be a good alternative. Right now I'm only polishing my toenails as I'm digging through file cabinets all day and don't want to mess up a manicure.

Having said that, I really like this polish. It has everything you need in one bottle, from base coat to top coat and everything in between. Without touching up, I got almost 3 weeks out of a pedicure before I took the polish off. It remained shiny and fresh looking the whole time. It also came off quickly with non-acetone polish, but for my second pedicure I used acetone as I was in a hurry.

I do wish there were more colors in this collection, perhaps a couple more shades of red and pink. The blue [Royal Vendetta] and green [Envy] are my favorites of all of the shades. The lavender shade [Lavender Sky] is a little muddy on my fingernails but on my toenails it's just right.