Simple Protecting Light Moisturizer SPF 15

3.1

Active Ingredients: Avobenzone (sunscreen), Ensulizole (sunscreen), Octisalate (sunscreen) Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Glycol Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Allantoin, Bisabolol, Glyceryl Stearate, Potassium Stearate, Carbomer, Caprylyl Glycol, Cetyl Alcohol, Xanthan Gum, Stearamide AMP, Phenoxyethanol, Disodium EDTA, Methylisothiazolinone

on 7/19/2015 11:08:00 PM

I bought this 2 weeks ago when my Neutrogena oil free sensitive skin face lotion ran out. I wanted to buy a summer moisturizer with SPF. I bought the Simple brand since I really like their moisturizing wash. Oh boyyyy, after 2 weeks of use, I have moderate breakout throughout my forehead, cheeks and chin areas. I have small red dots everywhere! And it's true about the listed ingredients listed...not too Simple after all. Won't repurchase and I'm going to get my Neutrogena moisturizer ASAP!

on 7/15/2015 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

After years of devotion to Clinique DDM Gel, I have decided to switch to something that I don't need to use a separate sunblock with.
This came recommended by a friend, and after 3+ months, I'm really liking it. It's light feeling, sinks in quickly, and has not caused any breakouts on my acne prone skin. The scent is barely there and no burning from the fragrance.
The packaging isn't fancy, but since the price is so good you can't really complain.
Overall a great product if you have normal to oily skin that tends towards sensitivity and acne.

on 7/8/2015 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing. My go to, especially in the winter time. I'm normally bothered by strong scents and this scent is light, like most of simple's products. Definitely will purchase again and again

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This gave me a temporary glow my scars seemed to fade slightly but I noticed I was breaking out with pimples and it just got worse and worse and then have now left many acne scars .

I really like this moisturizer so far. I've only been using it for a few weeks, but it makes my skin feel so soft. It doesn't leave my face looking oily after a few hours like some moisturizers do. I also love how it sinks into my skin, and doesn't leave it feeling sticky.

on 6/13/2015 12:10:00 AM

This is a great summer moisturizer, it's not to heavy it just sinks into skin and makes my makeup look better than some other moisturizers. It's so gentle,I don't have sensitive skin but I think this would work on sensitive skin. The Simple brand is a favorite brand of mine from the drugstore. This would be too light for dry skin I think.I like the fact that it's natural too and doesn't contain any chemicals.

on 6/9/2015 9:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is awesome! I've been trying out different moisturizer/SPF products for daily use under makeup for awhile and I'm thrilled to have finally found one I want to use! This product feels lightweight and like it is just my own skin. It does not feel slick or sticky and my skin feels very soft after using it. My skin is oily and breakout prone but this product does not make me more oily and most importantly, this product has not made me break out at all after 2 weeks of daily use! Even the Aveeno SPF 15 lotion had me breaking out by the end of the second day. It does smell of sunscreen pretty strongly when you first put it on but it fades after a few minutes. It is a super light formula, it absorbs quickly, and my makeup (all powder except an under eye cream) goes right over it seamlessly. No extra oil, eye irritation, or clumpy makeup! Perfect!

on 5/29/2015 3:04:00 PM

This stuff broke out my sensitive breakout prone skin bad(for me). If you hate the smell of sunscreen, don't buy this. It's not very light because I was still greasy. Nothing good to say about this stuff. No simple ingredients.

on 4/18/2015 12:09:00 AM

I picked this up, because I had a coupon, otherwise I might not have risked shelling out $10 for yet another SPF I might end up hating. While I am not a fan of the fact this does not have a pump, the formula itself is pretty good. I have a very oily t-zone, so most SPF based moisturizers just make the problem worse, to the point I refuse to use them. However, I know I need to wear a daily SPF, and this one does not seem to make me more oily than I already am. Also, makeup applies well over this, which is also important. One of the better ones I have tried, so I would probably repurchase.

on 3/14/2015 10:43:00 PM

I have been using the good old Oil of Olay moisturizer for years ( http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod3310041 ) but I saw this in Walmart and had heard good things about the Simple brand, and it looked gentle and safe enough to try.

First off, when I applied this, it would burn and sting my skin. Terribly. I am not sure why, I am sure there may be a 'reason' why it does this and some sort of claim that the stinging/burning might be normal...? I don't know. I just do not want a moisturizer to burn or sting my skin. And if it does, it better perform miracles..lol But this did nothing in the way of hydrating or moisturizing my skin, it just burned my skin for quite a while after I applied it, to the point I was actually afraid of applying my makeup for fear of some sort of reaction. I considered waiting an hour or more (yes it burned/irritated my skin for that long) to apply my makeup, but to me, that is completely asnine (sorry, can't think of another word, and that is kind of how angry this product made me)..I do not want to wait all day after applying my moisturizer to apply my makeup. On the rare occasion, I did apply my makeup after about 15 minutes, and as expected, my skin felt all the more irritated. I ended up washing it off with the very gentlest makeup remover that I had.

Now, I do have sensitive skin, so this might not be an issue for some people. But to me, it merited me returning it to Walmart. Never again.

Popular Moisturizers