April 19, 2014 | 1691 users online

Nails - Creative Nail Design - CND Vinylux Weekly Polish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by tennis4life

MY PRAYERS HAVE FINALLY BEEN ANSWERED! I have been dreaming about this polish my whole life, no lie. I'm the kind of girl that a regular polish manicure lasts about two hours before chipping. I don't like shellac because it personally weakens my nail when I remove it, and I hated the wear and tear from acrylics and the constant and expensive upkeep. I also have weak and peeling nails, which have been getting better recently due to vitamins and extra biotin but still break and split. I thought I would just have to keep doing my nails every two days if I didn't want chips. And then I found Vinylux. The manicurist at the salon talked me into "upgrading" my regular manicure to Vinylux polish and that it would last for 7 days. I didn't really believe her - they also told me years ago that Shellac was easily removed - but I tried it anyway and I was amazed by the wear. By day 7 I only had MINOR chips that you could really only see if you were staring at my nails. Like I said, I have had huge chips hours after getting a regular manicure, so minor chips were like nothing to me. The true test came when I went to remove the polish. The manicurist assured me it would be like removing regular polish, but of course the shellac removal promise popped in to my mind. I was incredibly surprised when the polish was removed even easier than regular nail polish! My nail polish remover took it off in a couple seconds. I also love how you do not need a lamp to cure this polish, and that it dries pretty quickly. Best of all, you can find the polish on Amazon for about $6/bottle. All you need is a color and the top coat - no base coat required. I will update when I do my own nails with this polish and let you know how it holds up when you do them yourself - but honestly I think they will do pretty well. And if they do, I think this is the most economical way to have lasting manicures. No expensive kit, no salon visits (except for the occasional treat - hey, we all need that sometimes), no waiting, can buy the products on Amazon, etc. I am so happy I found this product and suggest that you at least give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by heva11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far I have only had this applied at the salon,l but wanted to write a review because was very impressed.

I will be purchasing some online today, so will update my review once tried my own manicure using it.

I got the 'Lobster Roll' shade which is a vibrant red with a slight coral tinge. I am on day 5, and it hasn't chipped at all for a red (I usually don't wear red because it chips within a day). There is slight wear on the tips, but absolutely no chips!

I loved the gloss affect that the top coat gave when i left the salon, almost as good as a gel. it is not quite so shiny now, but i am still very happy with it.

I have read mixed reviews about the shades etc, so will hopefully choose the right ones to purchase.

NEGATIVE: when online shopping for this product, It is very hard to find accurate swatches of what these colours look like. I love how they advertise the soft pinks to look on their website, but all of the swatches look very very sheer, so I'm not going to spend $12 on a polish that you can't even see :(

I would love any recommendations on people's favourite colours!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by csquared14

First, a disclaimer. I do own this product, but almost all experience with it have been at my nail salon, getting my nails professionally done with it. Therefore, it's very possible my experience could be different from someone who has just used it at home.

I am vehemently anti-gel manicure. It just freaks me out. That said, I love nail polish, but cannot stand that my nails chip just a day or two after I get them done. Enter Vinylux, which my local nail salon just started carrying (they charge $3 extra from the standard price of a manicure for it). I gave it a try, and I have to say - that extra money? Totally worth it.

CND already has a good range of colors for this line. I have to say that it's sometimes hard to turn away from the truly impressive Essie display to chose from this mere single shelf of colors, but I've never been disappointed with my choice. My favorite so far has been a shade called Regally Yours, a purple-tinged black. I've never experienced anything streaky or too thin. They don't apply a base coat at all - the color bonds better with your bare nail. The top coat dries quickly and doesn't need to be placed under the UV/fan contraption, which is a nice bonus. The end result is super shiny nails. The texture doesn't feel noticeably different from standard lacquer - it's definitely not the Teflon finish of gels.

And it WORKS. I am at a job where I am typing literally all day, and yet this easily holds up for a week. A few days in, there's a bit of wear at the very tips of the nails, but nothing remotely close to chipping. At a week, there is a bit of chipping, but nothing crazy. I've gotten neutral nude pink and gotten away with a solid two weeks. ABSOLUTELY worth the extra money, in my opinion. I've had similar results with my at-home kit. Obviously, I can never get my nails looking quite as pretty and shiny as the professionals, but the fact that this dries so quickly on its own really does simplify the at-home manicure. The packaging is standard CND - nothing special or groundbreaking. The topcoat is in an opaque black bottle to protect it from sunlight, so you can't quite tell what you have left - irritating, but if it can't be exposed to the sun, it can't be exposed to the sun.

HIGHLY recommend this - definitely worth a few extra $$.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by rvbolorin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought 3 colors plus the top coat due to the promise of lasting 7 days. It lasts 3 days tops and the it chips as any other nail polish will do. The same as with chepaer and prettier colors of other brands. I DO NOT wash dishes (only about once a week), I have a sedentary job, I do not wash my hands more than the average person. I don't mind spending the extra money but I won't buy again, because the claim of 7 days manicure was misleading and not true.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by PolishedSalon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favourite nail polish I must say. We use it at the salon every single day.
We use Revlon Color Stay base coat with it for added shine. Vinylux is designed to be worn without a base coat which is correct (the wear is fantastic and dry time as well) but especially when the polish is new and thin the end result might be not as shiny.
It's not the Vinylux's Top Coat fault, it the lack of base coat :)

*LAST FACTOR*
The polish does last on an average person with decent nails (meaning healthy and not peeling) about 6-7 days. It lasts on me about 7-10 (but I'm a solar oil fanatic). At the day #6 or #7 i get a tiny little chip on my right thumb or my left pointer finger (my problem nails) but the chipping doesn't get worse. I usually remove at 7 days due to the fact that my nails don't look "fresh" anymore and they need shaping/manicure etc.

*DRYING TIME*
The drying time is excellent. By the time I'm finished polishing the secong hand the first nail of the first hand is usually dry after the first coat.
After 2 coats I clean up/detail the cuticle area with a brush dipped in acetone to make the polish look pro. By the time I'm done this (2-3 min)- the polish is dry to the touch.

I then apply the top coat and place clients under the lamp for 4 minutes. I think the UV makes a difference but having client's hands in the lamp makes them not to move LOL

I then apply the cuticle oil and do a hand massage (full mani) or just spray client with Solar Spray and they are ready to go (30 Min Mani). The nails really feel dry to the touch.

Apparently the polish dries fully in 8.5 minutes. I must really time it and I will report back. :)

*FORMULA*
The formula on most polishes is fantastic! Almost 1 coaters, OK 2 perfect coaters except just a few. Romantique, Powder My Nose are streaky.
Romantique is fantastic used over Strawberry Smoothie. The first one gives it a coverage and the Romantique manages to go more evenly on top of that. The end result is milky, light pink, the frostiness of Strawberry Smootie is all covered.
Powder My Nose is awful :( Streak City, Sorry!

*BRUSH*
Very good, its a wider and flatter brush then your regular brush. Somehow it spreads over the nail very very well and it holds just the right amount of polish.
I still WAY prefer YSL brushes (wink, wink CND!!)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by mxxlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

BEST nail polishes ever!

The idea is to have lasting nail color for at least a week, without the damage and complications of gel and UV lighting. Anyone who's ever painted their nails using regular nail polish knows that you will start seeing major chipping within three days of painting your nails.

With Vinylux, I didn't see any MAJOR chips in the color until after a week. Even after a week, there weren't that many chips. I've already tried three different colors. Of course chipping varies from person to person, depending on how often you have to wash your hands, and what your daily routines are. No regular polish is ever going to stay 100% in tact for a week, so this is the best that it gets! In my experience with Vinylux, after a week, I would say that my polish is still at least 95% there. I could go for over two weeks with a color before REALLY needing to re-do my nails.

The only downside I've found is that it is a little hard to remove. Rubbing with acetone and a cotton ball alone won't budge the color. I've had to wet my nails with acetone and then push/scrape the polish off..

Overall: So simple to apply, just like painting your nails normally, with a top coat. No extra time, or equipment necessary. Furthermore, there are no damages/breakage to your nails once you remove the color (unlike Shellac), and this stuff LASTS! There is also a great range of colors to choose from, and the collection is still growing every time I check.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by VanessaSab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

When I learned about this product, I was so excited this supposedly revolutionary nail polish would stay for 7 days instead of a day or 2, like other regular nail polish.

Well, it doesn't stay that long unfortunately, like promise.... But it doesn't stop me from loving it! It stays a little bit longer than the regular Opi or Essie one that I usually buy (may be a day or 2 longer), so just with that it contents me. But it also dries so fast, compared to the other brand. In 15 min top chrono with application included I am good to go! So just for that, for me, it is revolutionary because I usually have to wait more than an hour, and I always finish by ruining my fresh applied nail polish (who can wait that long? Really).

And the plus are also the gorgeous colours! So many choices, I can't wait to try some more. The top coat gives also a really nice shine, the best I have ever tried with regular polish.

I have bought 5 colours: Lavishly Loved, Grapefruit Sparkle, Bloodline, Rouge Red and Fedora.

My favorite is Lavishly Loved, a nude pinky colour, sheer, but I apply three coat and it is just perfect. It is a little bit streaky though.

Grapefruit sparkle is a pink glitter sheer swatch, better to use on top of another colour, just to gives it a shine.

The other dark and red colour are gorgeous, but it stains my nails like crazy. I guess because you can't use a base coat. That is unfortunate because I really like the colours. May be Cnd should work on that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by thankful1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I rarely write reviews anymore despite the fact that I had written over 150 on my previous account. I love this stuff so much that I had to write about it.

I was a regular member of the Nail Board on MUA when it first began. I have always loved the way my nails look when they're polished. What I always hated was the fact that they would always chip within a day or two. If I went three days without a major chip I was ecstatic.

I've used all of the popular NB base coats, top coats, and combos of them all. (Although I don't post on the NB regularly anymore, I lurk almost daily.) Nothing made a difference. No, I don't have weak, or thin, peely or dry nails. They are strong and healthy.

I found out about Vinylux when I went for a manicure at a local salon as part of a friends birthday celebration. The nail tech informed me that they no longer use OPI or Essie polishes and they they now only use CND Vinylux. When I told her I'd never heard of that, she explained that it's a system that does not require a base coat since the vinyl-like polymers adhere best to bare nails. She then applied two color coats (Fedora was my shade choice) and then the Vinylux top coat which she explained was the other key to making this system work. She also explained that the topcoat gets stronger when exposed to light. I asked what kind of light and she said "any" - sunlight or indoor lighting - it doesn't matter". Since I live in MI and we generally don't ever see the sun from November to April I was I was glad she didn't say "only outdoor sunlight". I was still extremely skeptical about this lasting any longer then any other polish for me based on all of my previous polish experience.

To my pleasant surprise, on day 7, I only had tip wear - not a single chip on any nail. I couldn't believe it. I am not one to ignore chips and wear raggedy looking polish. Anymore than one small chip and I take it all off. (I type at a computer most of the day and am house-cleaning the rest of the time, plus I am an avid hand-washer almost to the point of being obsessive about it.)

I figured this was a fluke so looked online to see where I could purchase this stuff so I could try it out on my own. I found great prices on Amazon.com from several sellers offering bottles for less than $6.50 with free shipping. I ordered four + the special top coat: Masquerade, Married to the Mauve, Daring Escape, and Dark Lava.

I prepped my nails like the CND instructions on their site say to for Vinylux and then applied two coats of color and one of the top coat. I applied my fourth shade last night and just like the other three and Fedora from the salon, my nails have looked great for 7 days. I only had a\ two tiny chips by the end of one week (on my thumb nails) but that time I didn't wrap the nail tips like I normally do. (I wanted to see if it would make a difference, and though I still had better wear then with any other polish, base, top coat combo, it was not chip-free like the other weeks.) It removes easily with polish remover at the end of the week and I have had zero staining of my nails despite not having used any sheer or neutral colors. Another thing I love about this is that it is completely dry in 8 1/2 minutes so I can do them right before bed and I do not wake up with sheet prints on them anymore. :)

To sum it all up - Vinylux is a game changer for me like others have said too. This has made me wear polish again on a regular basis and not just for special occasions like I had been doing the past few years. If you haven't tried it yet and like not having to re-do your nails every few days, definitely give this a try.

Update: 12/15/2013 - I now own 4 more (Lilac Longing, Red Baroness, Rock Royalty, and Romantique) of these and the only one of the 8 that applies streaky is Romantique.

Update: 3/25/2014 - I haven't been having as much luck with these lately and am not sure why. One good thing I've discovered is that you *can* remove this polish with non-acetone remover. I've even used the Nutra Nail moisturizing remover on them too. It comes off easily just not as quickly as with acetone. No soaking required. Hth!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 3:14:00 PM More reviews by rainebowen88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A good friend told me about this nailpolish and I was skeptical because I really love the one I have and have religiously stock up (NAILTINI). Anyhow, she thought the only to change my mind is to buy me one and of course in RED. I used it and on to my daily routines. 7 days later...still on. OMG! I am sold and beyond shock. Love it and will go out and literally buy 10 more shades for myself just because...

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by jen5276

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

HOLY MOLY! Why haven't I discovered this stuff sooner??

I went to my local nail place a week ago to get a new mani after my previous one had chipped after three days (OPI polish)....I saw this stuff and decided let me give it a try.

Here I am, a week later, and NO CHIPS! That is a miracle for me, usually my nails don't hold polish well. They are kind of think and flake easily (from years of biting them). But this stuff is truly amazing.

I just ordered several colors on ebay along with the top coat...I feel like throwing out all my Essie and Opi polishes!

EDITED: I guess the first time I used it I got lucky. While this does wear a bit better than some other polishes (essie opi), it really doesn't hold true to the seven day claim. I start to get chips in day four. I am going to go back to gel manicures.