February 1, 2015 | 1965 users online

Nails - Creative Nail Design - CND Vinylux Weekly Polish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2015 2:12:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Just tried this in Dandelion, a pearly off-white peach; a bit hard to get rid of streaks but 3 coats did it. I'm sold on the product though, and have 3 other shades. It just lasts so much longer than other polish. I did an Essie mani a few days ago and had forgotten how fast regular polish chips and wears off. Most important, this is strong-- I never get tears or broken nails with this stuff on. I've filed so much now that I use this, because my nails are able to grow so much longer without breaking. That was never possible with regular polish even with special base coats. I will probably end up with a whole wardrobe of this product and will purge my old polishes :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2015 11:46:00 PM More reviews by hookemhorns18

I love this nail polish! I have the colors Cake Pop, Rock Royalty, Water Park, Studio White, and Negligee. I had tried the Shellac polish a few times last year after I got rid of my acrylics but was disappointed. It was expensive and lasted about the same as my regular polishes. It may have been the salon I went to but I felt I could have done a better job myself. This polish dries fast but I use 3 coats for maximum opacity. I use 2 coats of the top coat over it and the shine is exactly the same as Shellac. I did a French manicure with Studio White and Negligee and it lasted one week with no chipping at all, just tip wear. The same for Cake Pop and Rock Royalty, but Water Park's formula was a little thicker and I had to thin it out. That one lasted me about 5 days so I'm still pleased. I like to change my color once to twice a week due to boredom. I am not gentle on my hands so that says a lot. These polishes are a little over $9 but I use coupons at Ulta so I don't pay full price. Still it's cheaper than paying $35 at the nail salon for one manicure. I've also found them cheaper on Amazon. I think I like Vinylux better than Sally Hansen, OPI, Essie, Sinful, Revlon, etc. I want to try the color Strawberry Smoothie next.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:24:00 AM More reviews by aumoeller

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this stuff. Normally my nails chip very easily. I literally just have to run my fingers through my hair. But this stuff lasts 5-7 days unless I damage a nail. And the shine, oh the shine! It looks just as shiny as a soak off gel (which I can't/won't use as it damages my nails too much).
Also, the drying time is worth mentioning. It's just quicker. Which is awesome! I do my nails in the evening and almost always wake up the next day with little marks from the pillow or hair strands. But not with this. 2 coats of polish and one coat of topcoat 1 hour before bedtime and no marks. Woohoo!
It goes on easily, first thin coat can look a bit streaky but the second coat makes it look perfect. The brush works fine, neither too big or small.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Psychoscruff

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love love love this nail polish. Its the first polish I've tried that lasts more than two days. It lasts about five days for me which is pretty much a miracle. I hate OPI and Essie which frequently top people's list of best polish so I was excited to happen upon something better totally by accident. I took off one lippy because I really wish they had more colours, particularly fun ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2014 3:18:00 PM More reviews by Hellany

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm really rough on my nails, I can chip a manicure within 24 hours. In my defense I do a lot of cross fit exercises and they can be brutal, I'd almost given up wearing nail polish entirely. But then someone recommended this to me...I wasn't a fan of the price and kinda hesitant. I got a coupon code for 15% off from a site that sells organic stuff so I figured I'd just try one. And, I love it! It is a little sheer and and definitely doesn't last seven days but for me even five days is amazing. :)

Oh the website was www.mobility-organics.com and the code was JO1514. I just used it a few weeks ago so it might still work.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/9/2014 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Teresabgraham

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I would not purchase it again. After using it for a couple of weeks my nails became very brittle, broke off and peeled back. It really damaged my nails. The very same thing happened to my daughter. I would not recommend it. Ruined my nails.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2014 6:18:00 PM More reviews by sharthesinger

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm speechless! This product is AMAZING. Forever I've struggled to keep polish on for more than a day or 2 after a fresh manicure. I'd tried EVERYTHING! All of the tricks in the book including professional manicures. Then a manicurist friend told me about Vinylux. I ordered a bottle of color and clear top coat from Amazon (you need to have both in order for the product to work properly). Much to my astonishment my polish stayed on for an ENTIRE week without chipping! One or two times I applied a refresher top coat. A bonus? This stuff dries in under 10 minutes and I'm not kidding. The price? Steeper than a regular bottle of polish, about $6-$7. But it's TOTALLY worth it to have the product stay on so long! I'm rough on my hands, and nails, always have been. Plus, lots of dishes and baths for my young son. If you're manicure challenged like me... TRY THIS!

December 2014:
I'm struggling a bit with this... while it worked amazingly that first or second time, since then i haven't been able to keep it going without some tip chips. in addition to that, sometimes it "lifts" and if i grab the lifted part the entire nail polish comes off of my nail in one sheet! it's like i don't need the polish remover because all i have to do is nudge a finger nail under the polish and the whole thing comes right off! i've cleaned my nails with acetone and/or alcohol before each use... help! i really really want to still love this stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by SelenaSerena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a true long lasting nail plush that keeps my nail tips chip free for a week! I adore its shine and application.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by GKam137

I soooo wanted to love this product, so I was completely gutted when I didn't! I love painting my nails but equally I'm lazy-anything that would last longer would be welcome. I put this on ...and it just didn't go on right...it looked streaky (even after two coats) and was just thick! When I took it off, my nails were stained. So just not worth the money. Think I will stick to putting on a seche vite top coat on my normal nail polish as that usually lasts around five days!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by kaycon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have CND Vinylux colours in Lilac Longing, Cerulean Blue, Hollywood, Studio White, Cake Pop and Black Pool. All of the colours are highly pigmented. Generally, regular nail polishes last me about 2 days before chipping. Vinylux, however, lasts me a good 5-7 days without chipping. It does not need a base coat either, so it's a quicker, easier application than regular polish. Additionally, it dries quite a bit faster than a regular polish. The claim on the ads says that vinylux dries fully in 8 minutes, which is absolutely true. Overall, I plan on purchasing many more shades of vinylux and will rarely go back to using a regular polish again.