August 20, 2014 | 1440 users online

Nails - Creative Nail Design - CND Vinylux Weekly Polish

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 2:39:00 AM More reviews by SelenaSerena

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a true long lasting nail plush that keeps my nail tips chip free for a week! I adore its shine and application.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/5/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by GKam137

I soooo wanted to love this product, so I was completely gutted when I didn't! I love painting my nails but equally I'm lazy-anything that would last longer would be welcome. I put this on ...and it just didn't go on right...it looked streaky (even after two coats) and was just thick! When I took it off, my nails were stained. So just not worth the money. Think I will stick to putting on a seche vite top coat on my normal nail polish as that usually lasts around five days!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by kaycon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have CND Vinylux colours in Lilac Longing, Cerulean Blue, Hollywood, Studio White, Cake Pop and Black Pool. All of the colours are highly pigmented. Generally, regular nail polishes last me about 2 days before chipping. Vinylux, however, lasts me a good 5-7 days without chipping. It does not need a base coat either, so it's a quicker, easier application than regular polish. Additionally, it dries quite a bit faster than a regular polish. The claim on the ads says that vinylux dries fully in 8 minutes, which is absolutely true. Overall, I plan on purchasing many more shades of vinylux and will rarely go back to using a regular polish again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 8:54:00 PM More reviews by LimaLim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The first time I applied it, i did it incorrectly and it chipped after 2 days. Second time around I applied it correctly. It's not going to last 7 days on me however it did last 4-5 days which I am happy with. The colour still looks shiney and new a few days later. I have fast growing nails though and this is causing the colour to come away at the tips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by swampbird

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

wow. i am stunned! i randomly tried this when i was out of town getting a manicure 10 days ago, and it only just now started to show tip wear. not even chipping. AFTER 10 DAYS. i feel like i'm living in the future. wow! it's not complicated to apply or remove like shellac. the Target dip nail polish remover (with the bristles inside, not the foam) made quick work of it, no problem. i can't wait to buy some and try it myself at home! (p.s. the color Sage Scarf is a gorgeous, cream (no sparkles), very muted / greyed-down aqua).

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by bteaster5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I waited until I had tried two colors to see if it lasted a week. To my surprise it did! 7 days later I had minor tip wear and one small chip. I will purchase more colors and I do recommend this product!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by kiol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had a manicure done using cnd's vinylux tropix before a caribbean cruise. CND recommends using no basecoat. Used orly basecoat & topcoat and polish lasted 14 days! the longest a manicure has ever lasted.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Fidelma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My experience was indentical to litchi79 below. I am now trying to get my previously strong, healthy nails back into shape. I have four bottles of this that I never want to use again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Devoncats

Vinylux seemed to be a wonderful creation, but sadly, it did not work for my mani. Regular polish lasts maybe a day and a half, at best, on my nails and the easy removal and "no UV curing" of Vinylux vs Shellac and gel polish especially appealed to me. Unfortunately I did not have great results. My Vinylux mani lasted approximately three days, and while this is better than normal polish for me, I was quite disappointed to find that the product stained my nails. I haven't seen any other reviews mention staining, so perhaps my nails are extremely porous or the color I chose (Tropix) was more staining than other colors in the product line. I'm undecided if I will try Vinylux again, but at this point I am disinclined to do so.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The first time I tried this was because my manicurist uses this line and swears by it. At first, I was happy because the nails dry in a flash, and the color lasted for while without much chipping. It does take extra effort and time to remove it afterwards. The worst part is that it eats your real nails, becoming very porous and weak. I have very strong and fast growing nails (for reference) and after several times of using this, they have been bending, breaking, and very dry looking. I would not recommend this vinyl nail lacquer to anyone.
Edit: after one month and a half, my nails are not back to normal. Wish I could give it a 0.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No