Creative Nail Design CND Vinylux Weekly Polish

3.8

on 7/15/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This is my first salon mani using vinylux instead of gel (I can get 14 -18 days from CND Shellac or 21 - 24 days from LeChat or OPI gel) or a traditional lacquer (4 - 6 days).

I have had it on for 7 days and so far no chipping, no edge wear.
I used Negligee - a pale cool-toned pink.
I also liked Beau - but it was very sheer.

on 7/10/2015 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

You can call me crazy, but I am one of those girls who spend over $1000 in cosmetics every year and that means I LOVE trying new products. I had to try Vinylux because its advertised as a nail polish that doesnt chip like shellac and you dont need a lamp to cure it.

I AM IMPRESSED. WOW. My Manicure lasted 14 days! I think this is the future of nail polish. No more nail chips in just 3 days.

PROS:
-Lasted 14 days for me
-Color selection is good
-Applies just like good old polish!
-YOU CANNOT USE A BASE COAT! (yay! less steps)
-It hardens if you go under the sun
-No need to worry about chips

CONS:
-(Here is where I deducted a star) LACK OF JUICY PLUMPNESS AND SHINE!! I was really hoping that these had that super juicy, glossy look that gel manicures (Or most people call it SHELLAC these days even if thats just the brand) The finishes are rather dull and flat, which is so disappointing. You cant use a super glossy top coat either, because you MUST use the vinylux top coat.

Will I do this again? Yes!

on 6/5/2015 8:46:00 AM

I love this polish- It lasts a couple days longer than "regular" polish. It applies so fast.
The one thing I don't like is I wish the finish was shinier/smoother- but its a small sacrifice being how fast the application is.

on 6/5/2015 8:17:00 AM

I brought this in the shade: 'Married to the Mauve', It cost $10.00 and most of the shades were already out of stock at 'Ulta.' My aunt tried this first and it sadly did not stay put for her. It stayed put for me though. Nail polish staying power is always a subjective opinion for everyone. What helped me was using an overcoat and not getting my nails wet. I think keeping the nails dry helped the most in the long run.When I went to do the dishes and my nails got wet it finally started to show wear and tear.

on 4/17/2015 10:58:00 AM

I am trying to find a polish that will actually last on my natural nails. I applied the polish to dry fingernails that I had removed oils from with nail polish remover. I applied the color and top coat. It chipped the very next day. I sent an e-mail to their customer service and they were not able to offer any additional insight as to what I may have done wrong. I am sad to say that I think this product sucks.

on 1/29/2015 2:12:00 PM

Just tried this in Dandelion, a pearly off-white peach; a bit hard to get rid of streaks but 3 coats did it. I'm sold on the product though, and have 3 other shades. It just lasts so much longer than other polish. I did an Essie mani a few days ago and had forgotten how fast regular polish chips and wears off. Most important, this is strong-- I never get tears or broken nails with this stuff on. I've filed so much now that I use this, because my nails are able to grow so much longer without breaking. That was never possible with regular polish even with special base coats. I will probably end up with a whole wardrobe of this product and will purge my old polishes :-)

on 1/18/2015 11:46:00 PM

I love this nail polish! I have the colors Cake Pop, Rock Royalty, Water Park, Studio White, and Negligee. I had tried the Shellac polish a few times last year after I got rid of my acrylics but was disappointed. It was expensive and lasted about the same as my regular polishes. It may have been the salon I went to but I felt I could have done a better job myself. This polish dries fast but I use 3 coats for maximum opacity. I use 2 coats of the top coat over it and the shine is exactly the same as Shellac. I did a French manicure with Studio White and Negligee and it lasted one week with no chipping at all, just tip wear. The same for Cake Pop and Rock Royalty, but Water Park's formula was a little thicker and I had to thin it out. That one lasted me about 5 days so I'm still pleased. I like to change my color once to twice a week due to boredom. I am not gentle on my hands so that says a lot. These polishes are a little over $9 but I use coupons at Ulta so I don't pay full price. Still it's cheaper than paying $35 at the nail salon for one manicure. I've also found them cheaper on Amazon. I think I like Vinylux better than Sally Hansen, OPI, Essie, Sinful, Revlon, etc. I want to try the color Strawberry Smoothie next.

on 10/19/2014 4:24:00 AM

I love this stuff. Normally my nails chip very easily. I literally just have to run my fingers through my hair. But this stuff lasts 5-7 days unless I damage a nail. And the shine, oh the shine! It looks just as shiny as a soak off gel (which I can't/won't use as it damages my nails too much).
Also, the drying time is worth mentioning. It's just quicker. Which is awesome! I do my nails in the evening and almost always wake up the next day with little marks from the pillow or hair strands. But not with this. 2 coats of polish and one coat of topcoat 1 hour before bedtime and no marks. Woohoo!
It goes on easily, first thin coat can look a bit streaky but the second coat makes it look perfect. The brush works fine, neither too big or small.

on 10/7/2014 5:58:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Love love love this nail polish. Its the first polish I've tried that lasts more than two days. It lasts about five days for me which is pretty much a miracle. I hate OPI and Essie which frequently top people's list of best polish so I was excited to happen upon something better totally by accident. I took off one lippy because I really wish they had more colours, particularly fun ones.

on 9/30/2014 3:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm really rough on my nails, I can chip a manicure within 24 hours. In my defense I do a lot of cross fit exercises and they can be brutal, I'd almost given up wearing nail polish entirely. But then someone recommended this to me...I wasn't a fan of the price and kinda hesitant. I got a coupon code for 15% off from a site that sells organic stuff so I figured I'd just try one. And, I love it! It is a little sheer and and definitely doesn't last seven days but for me even five days is amazing. :)

Oh the website was www.mobility-organics.com and the code was JO1514. I just used it a few weeks ago so it might still work.

Top Rated Creative Nail Design Products