Creative Nail Design CND Vinylux Weekly Polish

3.8

on 8/8/2015 5:50:00 PM

CND's Vinylux nail polish is nothing short of amazing. It lasts at least 10 days on my fingernails, and a month on my toes. Really. I did not have one chip on my toes after a month, I have never had polish wear like this before. I needed to have a pedi as my polish had grown out but it was still pristine. I can only find it at Ulta or online at Ebay. You must buy the topcoat to go with it. A base coat is not recommended or required.

I cannot keep regular nail polish on my fingers for more than 3 days or so without becoming a chippy mess. I have tired all kinds of different base coats and top coats but nothing seems to work. I discovered both Vinylux and SH Miracle Gel and I love both products. I will usually get at least 7 days of chip free wear unless I am doing something major (swimming, moving, etc). I do get some tip wear at around a week so I usually change polish around then so not sure how long it would actually go. These polishes have made my life so much easier. Soak off gel polishes were taking up too much of my time with the soak off process and I don't have time to paint my nails every 2-3 days with regular polish. These polishes dry super quick (especially if you can get outside in the natural light) and they seem to add some strength to my nails as well. I have not had any issues with staining despite no base coat except for one of the SH Miracle Gel Colors (Game of Chromes). I emailed them and they sent me a $11 coupon. As for the differences between Vinylux and Miracle Gel, I will say they have very different formulas. I prefer the Vinylux formula as it is a bit thinner and easier to work with; however, Miracle Gel is a bit shinier and plumper. Vinylux has a tendency to show ridges if you have them. That would be my only complaint. But I get about the same wear time out of both them. And both top coats are great to use over regular nail polish as well. I highly recommend both products.

on 7/15/2015 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is my first salon mani using vinylux instead of gel (I can get 14 -18 days from CND Shellac or 21 - 24 days from LeChat or OPI gel) or a traditional lacquer (4 - 6 days).

I have had it on for 7 days and so far no chipping, no edge wear.
I used Negligee - a pale cool-toned pink.
I also liked Beau - but it was very sheer.

Update: I am now on my 4th Vinylux Mani (I pay $3 more for Vinylux vs. regular polish at my local salon). I get a solid 5 days chip free with EVERY color I have tried. With pale/nudes I can get away with 9 days. Most shades DO need to be changed after day 5, 6 or 7.

If you can't tolerate gels - or need a break from them and are going to a wedding or on vacation (1 week or less - ha ha!) try Vinylux.

The long wear is there - and I bet with time this technology will improve.
OPI is already releasing its version.

Between gels and Vinylux and I may never go back to "conventional" lacquers.

on 7/10/2015 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

You can call me crazy, but I am one of those girls who spend over $1000 in cosmetics every year and that means I LOVE trying new products. I had to try Vinylux because its advertised as a nail polish that doesnt chip like shellac and you dont need a lamp to cure it.

I AM IMPRESSED. WOW. My Manicure lasted 14 days! I think this is the future of nail polish. No more nail chips in just 3 days.

PROS:
-Lasted 14 days for me
-Color selection is good
-Applies just like good old polish!
-YOU CANNOT USE A BASE COAT! (yay! less steps)
-It hardens if you go under the sun
-No need to worry about chips

CONS:
-(Here is where I deducted a star) LACK OF JUICY PLUMPNESS AND SHINE!! I was really hoping that these had that super juicy, glossy look that gel manicures (Or most people call it SHELLAC these days even if thats just the brand) The finishes are rather dull and flat, which is so disappointing. You cant use a super glossy top coat either, because you MUST use the vinylux top coat.

Will I do this again? Yes!

on 6/5/2015 8:46:00 AM

I love this polish- It lasts a couple days longer than "regular" polish. It applies so fast.
The one thing I don't like is I wish the finish was shinier/smoother- but its a small sacrifice being how fast the application is.

on 6/5/2015 8:17:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I brought this in the shade: 'Married to the Mauve', It cost $10.00 and most of the shades were already out of stock at 'Ulta.' My aunt tried this first and it sadly did not stay put for her. It stayed put for me though. Nail polish staying power is always a subjective opinion for everyone. What helped me was using an overcoat and not getting my nails wet. I think keeping the nails dry helped the most in the long run.When I went to do the dishes and my nails got wet it finally started to show wear and tear.

on 4/17/2015 10:58:00 AM

I am trying to find a polish that will actually last on my natural nails. I applied the polish to dry fingernails that I had removed oils from with nail polish remover. I applied the color and top coat. It chipped the very next day. I sent an e-mail to their customer service and they were not able to offer any additional insight as to what I may have done wrong. I am sad to say that I think this product sucks.

on 1/29/2015 2:12:00 PM

Just tried this in Dandelion, a pearly off-white peach; a bit hard to get rid of streaks but 3 coats did it. I'm sold on the product though, and have 3 other shades. It just lasts so much longer than other polish. I did an Essie mani a few days ago and had forgotten how fast regular polish chips and wears off. Most important, this is strong-- I never get tears or broken nails with this stuff on. I've filed so much now that I use this, because my nails are able to grow so much longer without breaking. That was never possible with regular polish even with special base coats. I will probably end up with a whole wardrobe of this product and will purge my old polishes :-)

on 1/18/2015 11:46:00 PM

I love this nail polish! I have the colors Cake Pop, Rock Royalty, Water Park, Studio White, and Negligee. I had tried the Shellac polish a few times last year after I got rid of my acrylics but was disappointed. It was expensive and lasted about the same as my regular polishes. It may have been the salon I went to but I felt I could have done a better job myself. This polish dries fast but I use 3 coats for maximum opacity. I use 2 coats of the top coat over it and the shine is exactly the same as Shellac. I did a French manicure with Studio White and Negligee and it lasted one week with no chipping at all, just tip wear. The same for Cake Pop and Rock Royalty, but Water Park's formula was a little thicker and I had to thin it out. That one lasted me about 5 days so I'm still pleased. I like to change my color once to twice a week due to boredom. I am not gentle on my hands so that says a lot. These polishes are a little over $9 but I use coupons at Ulta so I don't pay full price. Still it's cheaper than paying $35 at the nail salon for one manicure. I've also found them cheaper on Amazon. I think I like Vinylux better than Sally Hansen, OPI, Essie, Sinful, Revlon, etc. I want to try the color Strawberry Smoothie next.

on 10/19/2014 4:24:00 AM

I love this stuff. Normally my nails chip very easily. I literally just have to run my fingers through my hair. But this stuff lasts 5-7 days unless I damage a nail. And the shine, oh the shine! It looks just as shiny as a soak off gel (which I can't/won't use as it damages my nails too much).
Also, the drying time is worth mentioning. It's just quicker. Which is awesome! I do my nails in the evening and almost always wake up the next day with little marks from the pillow or hair strands. But not with this. 2 coats of polish and one coat of topcoat 1 hour before bedtime and no marks. Woohoo!
It goes on easily, first thin coat can look a bit streaky but the second coat makes it look perfect. The brush works fine, neither too big or small.

Top Rated Creative Nail Design Products