July 24, 2014 | 1942 users online

Nails - Creative Nail Design - CND Vinylux Weekly Polish

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by bteaster5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I waited until I had tried two colors to see if it lasted a week. To my surprise it did! 7 days later I had minor tip wear and one small chip. I will purchase more colors and I do recommend this product!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2014 10:58:00 AM More reviews by kiol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had a manicure done using cnd's vinylux tropix before a caribbean cruise. CND recommends using no basecoat. Used orly basecoat & topcoat and polish lasted 14 days! the longest a manicure has ever lasted.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/5/2014 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Fidelma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My experience was indentical to litchi79 below. I am now trying to get my previously strong, healthy nails back into shape. I have four bottles of this that I never want to use again.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Devoncats

Vinylux seemed to be a wonderful creation, but sadly, it did not work for my mani. Regular polish lasts maybe a day and a half, at best, on my nails and the easy removal and "no UV curing" of Vinylux vs Shellac and gel polish especially appealed to me. Unfortunately I did not have great results. My Vinylux mani lasted approximately three days, and while this is better than normal polish for me, I was quite disappointed to find that the product stained my nails. I haven't seen any other reviews mention staining, so perhaps my nails are extremely porous or the color I chose (Tropix) was more staining than other colors in the product line. I'm undecided if I will try Vinylux again, but at this point I am disinclined to do so.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/22/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

The first time I tried this was because my manicurist uses this line and swears by it. At first, I was happy because the nails dry in a flash, and the color lasted for while without much chipping. It does take extra effort and time to remove it afterwards. The worst part is that it eats your real nails, becoming very porous and weak. I have very strong and fast growing nails (for reference) and after several times of using this, they have been bending, breaking, and very dry looking. I would not recommend this vinyl nail lacquer to anyone.
Edit: after one month and a half, my nails are not back to normal. Wish I could give it a 0.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by tennis4life

MY PRAYERS HAVE FINALLY BEEN ANSWERED! I have been dreaming about this polish my whole life, no lie. I'm the kind of girl that a regular polish manicure lasts about two hours before chipping. I don't like shellac because it personally weakens my nail when I remove it, and I hated the wear and tear from acrylics and the constant and expensive upkeep. I also have weak and peeling nails, which have been getting better recently due to vitamins and extra biotin but still break and split. I thought I would just have to keep doing my nails every two days if I didn't want chips. And then I found Vinylux. The manicurist at the salon talked me into "upgrading" my regular manicure to Vinylux polish and that it would last for 7 days. I didn't really believe her - they also told me years ago that Shellac was easily removed - but I tried it anyway and I was amazed by the wear. By day 7 I only had MINOR chips that you could really only see if you were staring at my nails. Like I said, I have had huge chips hours after getting a regular manicure, so minor chips were like nothing to me. The true test came when I went to remove the polish. The manicurist assured me it would be like removing regular polish, but of course the shellac removal promise popped in to my mind. I was incredibly surprised when the polish was removed even easier than regular nail polish! My nail polish remover took it off in a couple seconds. I also love how you do not need a lamp to cure this polish, and that it dries pretty quickly. Best of all, you can find the polish on Amazon for about $6/bottle. All you need is a color and the top coat - no base coat required. I will update when I do my own nails with this polish and let you know how it holds up when you do them yourself - but honestly I think they will do pretty well. And if they do, I think this is the most economical way to have lasting manicures. No expensive kit, no salon visits (except for the occasional treat - hey, we all need that sometimes), no waiting, can buy the products on Amazon, etc. I am so happy I found this product and suggest that you at least give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 2:23:00 PM More reviews by heva11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far I have only had this applied at the salon,l but wanted to write a review because was very impressed.

I will be purchasing some online today, so will update my review once tried my own manicure using it.

I got the 'Lobster Roll' shade which is a vibrant red with a slight coral tinge. I am on day 5, and it hasn't chipped at all for a red (I usually don't wear red because it chips within a day). There is slight wear on the tips, but absolutely no chips!

I loved the gloss affect that the top coat gave when i left the salon, almost as good as a gel. it is not quite so shiny now, but i am still very happy with it.

I have read mixed reviews about the shades etc, so will hopefully choose the right ones to purchase.

NEGATIVE: when online shopping for this product, It is very hard to find accurate swatches of what these colours look like. I love how they advertise the soft pinks to look on their website, but all of the swatches look very very sheer, so I'm not going to spend $12 on a polish that you can't even see :(

I would love any recommendations on people's favourite colours!

UPDATE: So I purchased Mint Convertible and Cake Pop.... love them both very opaque colours and lasted nearly a whole week without any chips. I then chose to purchase a more sheer pink/nude called Harmonique, and it came off straight away (although I was doing lots of washing up.... but still!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2014 11:11:00 AM More reviews by csquared14

First, a disclaimer. I do own this product, but almost all experience with it have been at my nail salon, getting my nails professionally done with it. Therefore, it's very possible my experience could be different from someone who has just used it at home.

I am vehemently anti-gel manicure. It just freaks me out. That said, I love nail polish, but cannot stand that my nails chip just a day or two after I get them done. Enter Vinylux, which my local nail salon just started carrying (they charge $3 extra from the standard price of a manicure for it). I gave it a try, and I have to say - that extra money? Totally worth it.

CND already has a good range of colors for this line. I have to say that it's sometimes hard to turn away from the truly impressive Essie display to chose from this mere single shelf of colors, but I've never been disappointed with my choice. My favorite so far has been a shade called Regally Yours, a purple-tinged black. I've never experienced anything streaky or too thin. They don't apply a base coat at all - the color bonds better with your bare nail. The top coat dries quickly and doesn't need to be placed under the UV/fan contraption, which is a nice bonus. The end result is super shiny nails. The texture doesn't feel noticeably different from standard lacquer - it's definitely not the Teflon finish of gels.

And it WORKS. I am at a job where I am typing literally all day, and yet this easily holds up for a week. A few days in, there's a bit of wear at the very tips of the nails, but nothing remotely close to chipping. At a week, there is a bit of chipping, but nothing crazy. I've gotten neutral nude pink and gotten away with a solid two weeks. ABSOLUTELY worth the extra money, in my opinion. I've had similar results with my at-home kit. Obviously, I can never get my nails looking quite as pretty and shiny as the professionals, but the fact that this dries so quickly on its own really does simplify the at-home manicure. The packaging is standard CND - nothing special or groundbreaking. The topcoat is in an opaque black bottle to protect it from sunlight, so you can't quite tell what you have left - irritating, but if it can't be exposed to the sun, it can't be exposed to the sun.

HIGHLY recommend this - definitely worth a few extra $$.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2014 6:23:00 PM More reviews by rvbolorin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought 3 colors plus the top coat due to the promise of lasting 7 days. It lasts 3 days tops and the it chips as any other nail polish will do. The same as with chepaer and prettier colors of other brands. I DO NOT wash dishes (only about once a week), I have a sedentary job, I do not wash my hands more than the average person. I don't mind spending the extra money but I won't buy again, because the claim of 7 days manicure was misleading and not true.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by PolishedSalon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My favourite nail polish I must say. We use it at the salon every single day.
We use Revlon Color Stay base coat with it for added shine. Vinylux is designed to be worn without a base coat which is correct (the wear is fantastic and dry time as well) but especially when the polish is new and thin the end result might be not as shiny.
It's not the Vinylux's Top Coat fault, it the lack of base coat :)

*LAST FACTOR*
The polish does last on an average person with decent nails (meaning healthy and not peeling) about 6-7 days. It lasts on me about 7-10 (but I'm a solar oil fanatic). At the day #6 or #7 i get a tiny little chip on my right thumb or my left pointer finger (my problem nails) but the chipping doesn't get worse. I usually remove at 7 days due to the fact that my nails don't look "fresh" anymore and they need shaping/manicure etc.

*DRYING TIME*
The drying time is excellent. By the time I'm finished polishing the secong hand the first nail of the first hand is usually dry after the first coat.
After 2 coats I clean up/detail the cuticle area with a brush dipped in acetone to make the polish look pro. By the time I'm done this (2-3 min)- the polish is dry to the touch.

I then apply the top coat and place clients under the lamp for 4 minutes. I think the UV makes a difference but having client's hands in the lamp makes them not to move LOL

I then apply the cuticle oil and do a hand massage (full mani) or just spray client with Solar Spray and they are ready to go (30 Min Mani). The nails really feel dry to the touch.

Apparently the polish dries fully in 8.5 minutes. I must really time it and I will report back. :)

*FORMULA*
The formula on most polishes is fantastic! Almost 1 coaters, OK 2 perfect coaters except just a few. Romantique, Powder My Nose are streaky.
Romantique is fantastic used over Strawberry Smoothie. The first one gives it a coverage and the Romantique manages to go more evenly on top of that. The end result is milky, light pink, the frostiness of Strawberry Smootie is all covered.
Powder My Nose is awful :( Streak City, Sorry!

*BRUSH*
Very good, its a wider and flatter brush then your regular brush. Somehow it spreads over the nail very very well and it holds just the right amount of polish.
I still WAY prefer YSL brushes (wink, wink CND!!)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No