April 19, 2014 | 1797 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Fructis Passion Splash

• Price: $

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfSin

The only good thing is the scent... Oh my god it's delicious. BEST SCENT EVER.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 8:11:00 AM More reviews by AriSatomi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was looking for a clarifying shampoo with no silicones last month and had to settle for the Neutrogena one, which inevitably dried my hair out into a mess after two weekly uses. Then Garnier came out with this baby. I was intrigued since the bottle looked different and the ingredient list seemed ok to me, except for the Sodium Lauryl Sulphate which is known to be drying to hair and skin. Do not mix that one up with Sodium Laureth Sulphate which is a gentle non-drying detergent, mmmmkay? Anyway, I went over to the shelf and then opened the bottle not expecting much to take a sniff. Bam! A fruity summery awesomeness hits me in the face! It doesn't smell at all like those sickly sweet VS crap or like those cheap BBW splashes, it actually feels like a real fruit! Like a passion fruit smoothie. This was when I decided I'll spend that 6$ for the shampoo conditioner combo. Now I've been using this everyday with great success and pleasure, the scent is lovely in the shower and makes me feel great after a long tired day, when I'm sticky and hot from all the humid heat. The Coconut Oil isn't high at allll on the list so don't expect it to work for your hair, but being in the formula, it counteracts some of the drying properties of that SLS I was talking about. The conditioner is great, it doesn't weight my hair down and makes it easy to comb through. However my hair is extremely chemically damaged, after coloring it and bleaching it countless times, so I still need a leave-in cream to smooth it all. Combined with the Garnier Sleek and Shine (contains silicones) leave-in cream, my hair looks shiny and feels light, I couldn't stop grabbing it and playing with it because it hasn't been like this ever since summer started! This new combo that costed me only 10$ is really making me happy about my hair again. If only everything was this easy! Good basic shampoo, great scent and I bought 4 bottles of back up ;)

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2013 7:17:00 PM More reviews by bitaboop

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Dried my hair out and looks like a poof! The smell is the only good thing about it

rated 4 of 5 on 4/6/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by Calina_Oscura76

I say yes to repurchasing.. for now..

I have been trying, in vain, to find a shampoo and conditioner that cater to my hair.. which is ( now) very fine,virgin color, long, with oily roots and dry ends. I use moisturizing or repair lines, I get gross, greasy, limp, murky hair with no shine what so ever. If I go too light, than I get dry, frizzy puffy hair that is tangled and difficult to comb or do much of anything else with. I dry my hair every day, so I like to use a serum when I can, however, when I do,I deal with even greasier hair than before!
So.. after caving and buying the classic HE line ( smoothing line.. the pink stuff) and finding it is .. okay.. I kept eyeing up this stuff in the grocery store. I finally said " what the heck" and bought it, but I was not expecting miracles. I was actually gross hair because I find 'poos and 'cons that are a little more on the 'natural' side. hard to rinse out thus leaving a film on my hair.
So far, this has not been a problem. AND, it has allowed me to use my favorite serum on my hair, and not end up with oily hair at the end of the day. basically, for my hair type, it is almost spot on.. I say almost, because I do need to rely on my serum du jour to smooth things out the rest of the way, but I am more than okay with that. It has been almost a week since I started using it.
So I will update in another week to see if A clarifying shampoo was needed... lol.. I hope not.
Smell is pretty nice too.. I like it. I think if your hair is really dry, this may not be the product for you, but for someone who needs to normalize their hair a touch, it may work out well!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Totally agree with above. This shampoo is one of the best for fragrance I ever smelled. Fantastic! Isn't terribly moisturizing, but who cares. If you want your hair to smell great, pick some up. I can't stop sniffing it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2013 8:47:00 AM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off, the scent of this shampoo is incredible! I bought it for the scent pretty much. I noticed that Garnier is trying to advertise this new line as kind of "natural"? I noticed that they don't have silicone or parabens, which is great but I was hoping that it would be sulfate-free as well! I found that this shampoo kind of dried out my hair a bit.. which is odd since it's the moisturizing formula. I've only used it twice so far, so maybe my hair needs to adjust to it? Anyways, it's not a big deal because I go heavy on the heavenly scented conditioner so it's all good! Overall, not a bad shampoo, I'll use it because the scent is incredible!