Sukin Sensitive Facial Moisturiser

4.3

Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Ceteareth-20, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil (Rose Hip), Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (Chamomile), Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Vanillin, Vanilla Planifolia Extract.

Unfortunately, I think this might have been clogging my pores and breaking me out! I finished a container of the Sukin Facial Moisturizer and then brought this Sensitive version to try and have just finished it....I have only just realised now that these moisturizers contain Wheat Germ Oil and Cocoa Seed Butter which can clog pores and cause acne. So I think that I might have found the culprit!

*Pros:

*Contains some beneficial ingredients.

*Absorbs fast.

*Leaves skin matte.

*Has a really nice vanilla scent.

*Cons:

*Contains Wheat Germ Oil which has a comedogenic rating of 5 out of 5!

*Contains Cocoa Seed Butter which has a comedogenic rating of 4.

AMAZING moisturizer, amazing price too I think. It's made of really good, safe, friendly ingredients.

It finishes matte so it's perfect for daytime. People with dry skin may not find this moisturizing enough, especially for night time, but it is enough for me. I live in a very hot and humid climate and my skin gets really oily at night, so this is perfect. It doesn't break me out. It has a lotion consistency.

The only negative thing I'd say about this is I'm not so crazy about the scent. I can't describe how it smells, I just know I'm not into it.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

A phenomenal daytime moisturizer. This is wonderfully moisturizing, while still keeping the skin looking naturally matte. It wears great under makeup (however I don't wear much face makeup). From my experience with this within the past 4 months, this moisturizer has been nothing but great. My skin is extremely sensitive and easily irritated, and the original Sukin moisturizer (in the green and tan packaging) irritated my skin a lot. This sensitive version is perfect and I can't recommend it enough. Its lightweight, very moisturizing, soothing, and calming. It helps to get rid of redness, doesn't break me out, and doesn't irritate my skin at all. I think this would be great for any skin type. The pump too is also a great bonus! Much more hygienic.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

It's winter now in Australia. I've been looking for a new moisturiser that does not contain silicones. I used neutrogena hydroboost gel in the past and that's used up. While I loved that it provided moisture (reduced my oiliness), dried to a matte finish and did not break me out (I think - but I still got clogged pores, so I'm not sure). Hence, this leads me to find a silicone-free product, just to see if I'm sensitive to it. This is day 1 using it. I use less than half a pump to cover my entire face. It feels like a lotion, but surprisingly it absorbs into my skin without the greasy finish. My face is glowing (NOT oily)!!! It feels soft but not velvety like silicone. So far, I like it. I'm not sure if this is going to be too heavy in summer though´┐Ż I will update again :)

UPDATE: this is day 3 using this moisturiser!! Gosh, this is like one of those products that you buy on a whim because you're hopeless and ready to be disappointed again and BAM! your faith has been restored!!! My skin is so soft now and the best part is it helps with my acne!!! It doesn't clog my pores, my face clears up very quickly and the bumps reduce significantly, it's like it helps to unclog my pores!!! :O I hope this will continue to work and will be my HG! However, I still do get a bit oily after a few hours even though it's winter, but at least my face is clear (I don't even need to wear foundation!). Hopefully, this is just a process and balances out my oiliness in the long term.

Update 11/9/2015: I don't think it helps unclog my pores now. I think I was just getting too excited that it calmed down my acne redness. lol I still think it helps my skin to get the hydration that it needs and more importantly does not break me out. I still got breakout but that's because of PMS and this doesn't really help. But once, I finish my period, my skin returns to normal and this doesn't cause me any problem. Love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is amazing. I've used it for a year now, this bottle lasts one year! I use a dime's size for the entire face. Oh but this is my DAY TIME moisturizer.

I find it's too drying to use both day and night. This is amazing at keeping my face matte and dry, no oiliness!! Absolutely none! All other moisturizers I've used (a LOT) are either too damaging for my sensitive skin or it makes my skin produce too much oil. The Sukin moisturizer is outstanding!!! 100% perfect!

At night, I use jojoba oil.

I have been using this for about a month day and night. I love that it feels light on the skin and isn't thick or greasy. I have fairly dry skin though so I do have to use a full pump (which is like loonie sized) day and night after I shower. It makes my skin feel very moisturized and flexible. My skin usually feels really tight until I stretch it out with facial expressions during the day. The scent is very soothing and I have had zero issues with this causing breakouts, rashes, blackheads or clogged pores. For me, this cream works great! Only downside is that it is a pretty small bottle for ten dollars and I have to use a lot of the product at the time. But the tradeoff would be a heavyier and greasier cream so I like this option better to get the most moisture. For ten bucks, I'd recommend giving it a try

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is hydrating, feels like water, and glides nicely on the skin.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This moisturiser is light as claimed, and would suit people with normal to oily skin best. I wrote a detailed review here:

No redness after use, but was too light for winter, especially under makeup, where dry patches would still be visible. Worked with multiple layers of the product though.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Love this moisturiser! I have gone through at least 3 bottles over the last 2 years, each lasting for agesl. I first switched from the normal Sukin moisturiser (green bottle), as I suspected the higher concentration of benzyl alcohol was causing my dry/sensitive skin to flare up red sometimes, especially in winter/very dry areas. This moisturiser is an affordable price (AUD$10 for 125ml), with lots of natural essential oils and NO perfurmes - great for sensitive skin (similar to Sukin's other products). It is hydrating, dries matte and doesn't leave a film on the skin.

Although some of the ingredients (e.g. cocoa seed butter & wheat germ oil) are somewhat comedogenic, most of the other higher concentration ingredients are only moderately low in the comedogenic factor. It also contains shea butter which is incredibly hydrating and has a low comedogenic rating. My skin usually breaks out in reaction to many new roducts but this product did not cause any breakouts.
See https://www.beneficialbotanicals.com/facts-figures/comedogenic-rating.html for ratings.

INGREDIENTS:

PROS:
- Dries quicky to a matte texture, does not leave a sticky film
- Smells lovely! Like vanilla/fairy floss, but fades quickly due to lack of perfumes
- Very moisturising & good for sensitive dry skin
- Can even be used for a night cream if your skin isn't overly dry
- Once dry, works well as a makeup primer
- Cheap as chips :)
- Lots of natural moisturisers including shea butter & avocado oil

CONS:
- Pump pack is bad for travelling & dispenses too much product at once (enough for ~2 applications)

I use this in the 'night cream' and love it. I have had hormonal acne since going off the pill and have found this has really helped with my skin issues. My skin can be combination/dry/sensitive & this seems to calm the redness and not break me out. Price is very reasonable and a jar lasts forever as a little goes a long way. Has a nice scent too it and feels amazing on your skin. Will definitely repurchase