December 19, 2014 | 1091 users online

Polishes - Essie - Butler Please

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by polishedheadtotoe

I was very excited when I found this at my Shopper's. Yet when I looked at the bottle, it seemed separated and the color was foggy and greyish- not the bright bold hue online. Still I bought it. Took two coats for opacity and still streaky, thick yet somehow sheer. I think I purchased a bad bottle! Packaging the usual embossed glass essie bottle

rated 2 of 5 on 11/7/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by HighPriestess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A real "clunker" shade formula-wise for Essie...unlike most of their super-smooth, thin formulations, this one starts out thick and applies unevenly.

Definitely not what I am used to from the brand! Kind of a shame--it's a beautiful bright-cobalt blue, no gloss. Next!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by CatG68

Love the colour but it's literally the worst formula I've ever used. It's goopy, uneven, and chips like no other. Don't buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by missvelveteen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I kept seeing this polish every time I went to Target, so I finally bought it. This is my first Essie polish and my first venture into brights. I love the color in the bottle, but on my fingers it looks cheap and tacky, like something a teen would wear. It goes on streaky and thick, despite feeling very liquid when you apply. I made quite a mess trying to apply it and have to re-do a couple of fingers. I wouldn't by this polish again, and will probably save it to wear on my toes next summer, especially since my boyfriend keeps complimenting the color. I'll try Essie again but make sure to research specific shades before buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by floramaiden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful polish- Definitely a favourite of mine. It's a bright, almost electric cobalt blue. Darker in some lights and lighter in others, it's definitely a chameleon polish. I painted my nails with this colour on Tuesday night, it's now Friday and it's only starting to chip now, and I type a lot at work, so I can usually only get two days out of a manicure. It does go on streaky, but after 3 coats it's opaque and thick. It dries to a lovely semi-matte finish, which I love, mattes are always a plus for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by mzciciness129

I LOVE THIS COLOR!!! <3 the formula is kinda iffy to work with but the color is worth it. i just painted it on my nails and i cant stop looking at my hands

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by sparkle506

Lots of people do not like this polish, they review that it has a terrible formula. However, I feel it isn't the worst formula. You just need to understand it has a semi matte finished, similar to essie haute as hello expect it dries even faster than that. Using one thin, letting it dry and a thicker coat makes this polish pretty nice. You need to be careful when applying but its not the worst. Love this colour! As like any essie polish Ilike the brush, probably because I have smaller nail beds and I find other polishes with larger brushes diffcult to apply. Maybe that's why I keep on coming back to essie. Again I would recommend but I find even if essie has a more difficult formula, its not terrible and I can work with it especially for the colour.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by jencompras87

Pacific Blue is 10 times better then this, last wayyyy longer than this and is cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by McEllen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color is awesome. I didn't have a problem with application like other reviews. Hm. 2 coats and solid coverage. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by nolagranola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Out of all of the nail polish I own, this has the worst consistency. But, because the color is so freakin' awesome and I'm a glutton for punishment, I slog through the polish application process and in the end, have some pretty happenin' nails. The smell isn't bad at all compared to other "vibrant blue" polishes. Tips: I use a couple of SV Restore drops every few or so uses, apply ~3 thin coats, apply a coat of Zoya Armor, followed by a coat of SV fast dry top coat. The last two tips really help reduce tip shrink and I can go a whole week of wear with no chips.