February 27, 2015 | 1441 users online

Polishes - Essie - Butler Please

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2015 7:00:00 PM More reviews by KnailedIt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This polish made me go "ugh." Butler Please has the worst formula of any polish I own at the moment. Thick and gloopy. While the color is nice and unique, it doesn't make up for the unpleasant application.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2015 6:40:00 AM More reviews by hisquiggle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

I'm not sure if I got a good bottle, if Essie reformulated this polish, or if I just have low standards, but to me Butler Please isn't that hard to work with. It gives opaque coverage in two coats, and the color is true to bottle, maybe even a bit more vibrant. The main problem I have with Butler Please is that it's not self-leveling at all, so it always dries with ridges and bumps. Thankfully, it's not that bad, so a layer of topcoat smooths everything out perfectly. Butler Please also dries to a confused satin matte finish, which makes applying a topcoat even more essential. I think the color alone makes up for the issues this polish has; it's a saturated medium blue that's between electric blue and cobalt. Bright and deep at the same time, so beautiful! Blue is one of my favorite nail colors, and Butler Please is definitely unique in my eyes. There seem to be a lot of polishes that are darker or lighter than it, but none that really match it. This definitely isn't a polish for those who want a fast and easy manicure, but If you're willing to fuss around with your polishes, consider this little beauty!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2015 6:22:00 PM More reviews by elizgarcia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product at a clearance beauty supply in NYC and I actually got this for only $3. I was very disappointed with the outcome of this lovely looking blue, though! As others mention, the product applies thickly and unevenly. You have to work really quickly as the top layer dries quickly and it can easily become a mess. It also dries to a matte finish which I do not appreciate for a vibrant color like this :( I'll probably buy a dupe for this shade as this is a no-go for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2014 6:59:00 PM More reviews by polishedheadtotoe

I was very excited when I found this at my Shopper's. Yet when I looked at the bottle, it seemed separated and the color was foggy and greyish- not the bright bold hue online. Still I bought it. Took two coats for opacity and still streaky, thick yet somehow sheer. I think I purchased a bad bottle! Packaging the usual embossed glass essie bottle

rated 2 of 5 on 11/4/2014 11:33:00 PM More reviews by CatG68

Love the colour but it's literally the worst formula I've ever used. It's goopy, uneven, and chips like no other. Don't buy it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by missvelveteen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I kept seeing this polish every time I went to Target, so I finally bought it. This is my first Essie polish and my first venture into brights. I love the color in the bottle, but on my fingers it looks cheap and tacky, like something a teen would wear. It goes on streaky and thick, despite feeling very liquid when you apply. I made quite a mess trying to apply it and have to re-do a couple of fingers. I wouldn't by this polish again, and will probably save it to wear on my toes next summer, especially since my boyfriend keeps complimenting the color. I'll try Essie again but make sure to research specific shades before buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by floramaiden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful polish- Definitely a favourite of mine. It's a bright, almost electric cobalt blue. Darker in some lights and lighter in others, it's definitely a chameleon polish. I painted my nails with this colour on Tuesday night, it's now Friday and it's only starting to chip now, and I type a lot at work, so I can usually only get two days out of a manicure. It does go on streaky, but after 3 coats it's opaque and thick. It dries to a lovely semi-matte finish, which I love, mattes are always a plus for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by mzciciness129

I LOVE THIS COLOR!!! <3 the formula is kinda iffy to work with but the color is worth it. i just painted it on my nails and i cant stop looking at my hands

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by sparkle506

Lots of people do not like this polish, they review that it has a terrible formula. However, I feel it isn't the worst formula. You just need to understand it has a semi matte finished, similar to essie haute as hello expect it dries even faster than that. Using one thin, letting it dry and a thicker coat makes this polish pretty nice. You need to be careful when applying but its not the worst. Love this colour! As like any essie polish Ilike the brush, probably because I have smaller nail beds and I find other polishes with larger brushes diffcult to apply. Maybe that's why I keep on coming back to essie. Again I would recommend but I find even if essie has a more difficult formula, its not terrible and I can work with it especially for the colour.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by jencompras87

Pacific Blue is 10 times better then this, last wayyyy longer than this and is cheaper.