October 23, 2014 | 1767 users online

Polishes - Essie - Butler Please

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by missvelveteen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I kept seeing this polish every time I went to Target, so I finally bought it. This is my first Essie polish and my first venture into brights. I love the color in the bottle, but on my fingers it looks cheap and tacky, like something a teen would wear. It goes on streaky and thick, despite feeling very liquid when you apply. I made quite a mess trying to apply it and have to re-do a couple of fingers. I wouldn't by this polish again, and will probably save it to wear on my toes next summer, especially since my boyfriend keeps complimenting the color. I'll try Essie again but make sure to research specific shades before buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 5:37:00 AM More reviews by floramaiden

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful polish- Definitely a favourite of mine. It's a bright, almost electric cobalt blue. Darker in some lights and lighter in others, it's definitely a chameleon polish. I painted my nails with this colour on Tuesday night, it's now Friday and it's only starting to chip now, and I type a lot at work, so I can usually only get two days out of a manicure. It does go on streaky, but after 3 coats it's opaque and thick. It dries to a lovely semi-matte finish, which I love, mattes are always a plus for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by mzciciness129

I LOVE THIS COLOR!!! <3 the formula is kinda iffy to work with but the color is worth it. i just painted it on my nails and i cant stop looking at my hands

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 5:47:00 PM More reviews by sparkle506

Lots of people do not like this polish, they review that it has a terrible formula. However, I feel it isn't the worst formula. You just need to understand it has a semi matte finished, similar to essie haute as hello expect it dries even faster than that. Using one thin, letting it dry and a thicker coat makes this polish pretty nice. You need to be careful when applying but its not the worst. Love this colour! As like any essie polish Ilike the brush, probably because I have smaller nail beds and I find other polishes with larger brushes diffcult to apply. Maybe that's why I keep on coming back to essie. Again I would recommend but I find even if essie has a more difficult formula, its not terrible and I can work with it especially for the colour.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by jencompras87

Pacific Blue is 10 times better then this, last wayyyy longer than this and is cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2014 7:49:00 PM More reviews by McEllen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color is awesome. I didn't have a problem with application like other reviews. Hm. 2 coats and solid coverage. Love!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 6:34:00 PM More reviews by nolagranola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Out of all of the nail polish I own, this has the worst consistency. But, because the color is so freakin' awesome and I'm a glutton for punishment, I slog through the polish application process and in the end, have some pretty happenin' nails. The smell isn't bad at all compared to other "vibrant blue" polishes. Tips: I use a couple of SV Restore drops every few or so uses, apply ~3 thin coats, apply a coat of Zoya Armor, followed by a coat of SV fast dry top coat. The last two tips really help reduce tip shrink and I can go a whole week of wear with no chips.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by vic21

I was excited about receiving this polish as I adore vibrantly coloured nail polishes. All I can say is what a disappointment! It is a very strange consistency and looks so uneven and cheap when it is on, it's so hard to work with and get an even coverarge. It was too messy looking to leave on my fingers but left it on my toes. It had chipped badly within days! I don't know about anyone else but even the the cheapest polish lasts forever on my toes and this had a top coat on! Very poor quality, such a crying shame as it is the most beautiful colour.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/5/2014 3:09:00 AM More reviews by Fessyfare

What a shitty bottle of polish. Ugh. I wish I would have read the reviews before spending almost 9 dollars on this crap. It's clumpy, stringy and hard to apply. The color is absolutely beautiful in the bottle but looks a mess on the nails. Essie always looks better in the bottle. I've had a problem with a few others so I definitely won't be wasting my money on anymore. Do yourself a favor and don't buy this sorry excuse for a polish.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:19:00 PM More reviews by starradke

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this Essie nail polish a while back ago, and for some strange reason, I didn't try it until recently. Unlike most of the reviews on this polish, I love it! When I look at my nails from a further distance, it looks a bit dark, but when I see it a bit closer it is a stunning electric blue. Without a top coat, it finishes with a semi matte finish. Put on a top coat girl. It's gonna look fantastic!