October 24, 2014 | 1880 users online

Polishes - Essie - A Cut Above

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2014 2:51:00 AM More reviews by sprite26

Rose-pink multisized glitter suspended in a clear base. Great formula, the glitter is very easy to work with and distribute on the nail. Removal is a snap as long as you use acetone.
My favorite way to wear this is on its own, lightly layered over clear polish. It's a low-maintenance mani that is cute and sparkly and it lasts and lasts.
I feel that less-is-more when it comes to this glitter polish so I always try to apply with a very light hand.
It's basically a pink version of Essie's Set in Stones (one of my favorites). This is fun and beautiful and versatile as well. I'd definitely buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2013 6:49:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like this polish but im not really sure if it is worth it. Compared to set in stones by essie it isn't nearly as nice. I find that the glitter is more scarce on my nails. The formula is good though. I just have mixed feelings on this. Sorry

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2013 8:53:00 PM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this for my accent nail. I apply 2 to 3 coats and apply a nude colour to my other nails. Lovely. This and China Glaze snow globe are my most used glitter polishes. It contains pink glitters of different sizes suspended in a clear polish.

To remove, i use Bourjois remover, the kind that you dip your finger into the pot. Even then, it took at least a minute of soaking and scrubbing with my nails to remove it.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by flowersgrimm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted a thick pink glitter. I heard about this so I found it at my local Ulta and got it. Its a thick mess. A few days after i got it I had to mix it with nail polish thinner because it was so gloppy. With seche restore its usable.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by ECLion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love love love this! It's beautiful, shimmery, classy, and really brightens up my toes in the winter :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by kellyyxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i really love this product so pretty especially over pink polishes. i probably wouldnt wear it by itself because id have to do several layers. it reminds of teenage dream from the katy perry collection by OPI

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by akmoore

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love wearing glitter polish because it lasts so long. This one is gorgeous as a top coat over nudes and pinks or goes opaque on its own in 2-3 coats. It feels very holiday-glam. Adore it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2012 2:18:00 AM More reviews by varmintrifle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this pink glitter polish, it almost has a rose gold, or a dusty rose hint to it, that makes it look very classy. It looks great layered over nude and pink nail polishes, layered thickly over black, but my personal favorite is layered over a pistachio green color made by BP, a Nordstrom brand. Lately I've been painting all of my nails pistachio except for the accent ring finger, which gets a coat of A Cut Above. It's a very retro look and is reminiscent of 50s Formica countertops....in a good way.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by beautyaddict96

Such a pretty sparkly pink. Lots of people think glitter nailpolish is tacky, but not this one. It's beautiful. Very easy to apply (even though I cannot paint nails) and easy to fix if it chips. The glitter applies very easily as well. However, it is very hard to get off. You definitely have to soak your nails in nail polish remover. Make sure to rub some nail cream in after :)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by afrakanpearl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A very beautiful sparkly pink. A dream to wear but nightmare to take off. You have to soak your nails in a bowl of nailpolish remover to get it off (just like most glitter polishes).