April 19, 2014 | 1795 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Triple Nutrition-EXTRA-Dry, Damaged Hair

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Yay45

I actually began trying this product bec i got a great deal with coupons.... And let me tell you this is a miracle in a bottle! I have curly Latina hair that gets frizzy but i always blow dry it like 98% of the time! And the first time i used it it left my hair really moisturized! My frizz went down to where my hair wasn't as "poofy" and made it easier to blow dry. The smell is delicious and i find that after i shower im constantly smelling my hair! Husband thinks im a crack head lol :) but whatever. The shampoo at first i thought it was watery? And i was like this is not gonna work its practically liquid soap! BUT i guess with the 3 nourishing oils it really doesn't leave your hair dry after you rinse it. The conditioner is amazing its thick so you know its gonna moisturize your hair and after you rinse it softens every strand. You can notice a softness in your hair when its wet and if you blow dry you will notice your hair be softer. Thank you garnier for this wonderful product im on my second bottle of both shampoo and conditioner! And its the first time in my life i committed to a line... That i actually like? The only cons i see is the packaging of the conditioner its too thick for the bottle hole? When you almost finish the bottle is hard to get the last bit out. Also the great smell lasts for a day or so after you wash it, however as long as my hair behaves good thats all i care about!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by vina834

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER! My whole life I've had nice hair. It always held it's style, always stayed clean for like 4 days in a row, was straight and super shiny. I've always thought shampoo was just shampoo. Nothing else. Then I tried this baby! You can tell the difference when you lather it on your hair. The shampoo had a nice lather and smelt like heaven, then the conditioner made my hair feel so smooth and touchable. I thought it would go away after I rinsed my hair, but it stayed! My hair was even softer and even shinier for the next few days, AND THAT WAS ONLY THE FIRST WASH! I continued to use it and my hair was healthier too. My hair stylist asked me what overnight mask or oil I used, he was surprised when I said shampoo did this heavenly thing to my hair. He finished all his expensive products and bought bottles of Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition! He loves it and recommends it to every customer. Great scent and product. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by britbratg

Yes, it smooths, but only good for those with hair that rarely gets oily because my hair never feels clean after using it. Normally i can go 2-3 days without a wash, yet with this my hair is starting to get greasy on the beginning of the second day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this at Walmart on a whim because it came in a package with the shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner and oil. It was $9.99 for the whole thing so I figured I couldn't lose. This shampoo is awesome! I recently decided to only use products that are under $10 and that I can buy in a store instead of online.

So the shampoo kind of sucked at first. It seemed to just dry my hair out. I've learned to give things a couple of tries so I used it again. Around the third time, it was great. It didn't strip my hair. It actually felt like I had just conditioned it. I always follow up with the matching conditioner.

I think Garnier is slept on. I got sick of spending so much on hair products so I decided to settle down and make a commitment. I have definitely committed to Garnier Triple Nutrition for my moisturizing shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I never knew a shampoo could makeover my hair like this. I always thought they were just for cleaning, and all of those special curl enhancing, shine promoting, smoothing, moisturizing, etc, type of shampoos didn't actually work, since you'd wash them out right after anyways. I thought the magic was in the conditioner. But this shampoo gave me dramatic results.
I've been looking for a simple, workhorse shampoo to stick to for some time. One that had the perfect amount of lather, great smell, reasonable price, and didn't leave my hair stripped and lifeless, or limp and greasy. It didn't have to noticeably benefit my hair, but it shouldn't hurt my hair.
I tried this one after seeing the few, but rave reviews on MUA. I had already tried its "sister shampoo" which left me seriously underwhelmed. But in one use of this one, the extra dry formula, I was converted. My hair is usually a little stiff and fluffy, symptoms of dryness. After my hair dried, it was smooth, soft, shiny, and best of all, it had movement! It looked like the unattainable mane of a hair model, playful and swingy. Gone was the fluff and frizz.
I don't buy into the "Look at us, with 3 natural oils and all these great things in our shampoo" type advertising. I know it's got trace amounts of these touted ingredients, and it's got some heavier cleaning ingredients in it, but whatever formulation they use of them, it's working. No other shampoo can give you these results.
Not to mention, this was one of the cheapest shampoos I have ever tried ($6 for a huge bottle at Target)..and it blew all of other shampoos out of the water. I hope it's never discontinued.
Look for it in the yellow bottle, it's the triple oil nutrition shampoo.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Andio

I bought this on a whim, I don't usually use DS products but every once in a while I like to have a bottle. My hair seemed dry and tangly upon rinsing, but the application was glorious. Nice creamy sorta yellow shampoo, smelled good. I used Dove Damage Therapy Intensive Repair condioner and Bamboo Styling Lotion from Alterna and my hair was fabulous. Give this one a try. Oh by the way, they are comng out with new yellow bottles for the Triple Nutrition products.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/8/2013 4:46:00 PM More reviews by TouchOfSin

This shampoo feels AMAZING on my hair!!!! It lathers wonderfully and my hair feels so soft when shampooing, not dry and hard wet hair like with most of the shampoos out there. I really wish all shampoos could be like this. It left my scalp clean! And it also left my hair soft but I felt it was a bit coating and left my hair a bit dull. But, I must say I don't have damaged hair, just some dryness. I'd repurchase again for how well it cleaned my hair and how it worked in the shower. Using this along with the hydra recharge conditioner felt so good!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 1:29:00 PM More reviews by lipstickshells

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was hesitant to purchase since the shampoo I tried before this was Garnier's Hydra Recharge. I only got a third of the way into the bottle and it had completely dried out my hair. I am so glad I tried this one. I LOVE this shampoo. I'm almost thirty and this is one of my favorite shampoos... definitely my favorite drug store shampoo ever. My hair is almost to my waist, fine, and damaged (mostly at the ends). The first day I used it there was a noticeable difference in my hair. It was shinier, appeared healthier, and tangled significantly less through the day.Two days later, I went back to the store and bought four giant bottles of shampoo and conditioner- that's how impressed I am. I've finished the initial bottle so far and the love is still going strong. I would like to note that I do need to use a cleansing type shampoo every week and a half or so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by suzanneb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a review for the Triple Nutrition for extra dry hair, the pearly creamy version of this shampoo not the gel-like. I washed my hair and it turned it into a tangled mess, I usually use Clear Scalp shampoo in shea butter and my hair doesn't even need conditioner after even though is dry and colored to the max. I couldn't believe that a shampoo that is made for dry hair could make it drier, I felt like I used Prell instead. I called the 1-800 and they had me on the phone with a supervisor for 18 minutes questioning me and blaming it on my hair. Will go back to Clear Scalp.
EDIT: ran out of shampoo and had better luck, it didn't dry my hair out and I've noticed that I have no hairloss when I use this along with Garnier Strength and Length conditioner.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Precila101

Long story short: I have dry falling hair, and went to go shopping for some shampoo. The Fall Fight and Triple Nutrition bottles looked exactly alike. So I picked up the Fall Fight shampoo, and decided to go for a larger bottle because I am a shampoo freak. But instead, when I got home, I took a closer look and realized, sadly, I picked up the wrong bottle, Triple Nutrition. But I needed nutrition anyways, so there was positive spin to this story. *Review*: After that first wash, I could not believe it, it was a miracle!!! My hair felt extra soft and I can't stop running my fingers through it. The dryness disappeared and I hope it won't come back again. I love this product it the SHIZZ!! (sorry for the profanity, this is like the best shampoo I have ever used!)