July 28, 2014 | 1747 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Triple Nutrition-EXTRA-Dry, Damaged Hair

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by cblazer973

Eh! That's really all I have to say about this shampoo. I picked this up at Walmart a while ago and when I finally ran out of my Herbal Essence shampoo I started on this one. I have the big pump bottle and it drives me nuts that it's taking me forever to get through it. The product is runny and it has a very intense smell, sort of reminding me of fruit loops. It lathers good, which is about the only good thing I have to say about it. I don't think it has moisturized my hair at all, and my hair never really feels "clean" when I'm done. Definitely not a repurchase for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by ScarlettOctober

Attention all Curly Girls! If you have dry medium to thick textured hair, this might be your miracle product. It was for me! Like all curlys, I have tried A LOT of products. This is the only shampoo that makes an immediate difference in my hair.

I wash every day and also use the conditioner. I leave the conditioner in my hair as I am finishing my shower, then rinse at the end. My hair is noticeably softer, smoother, shiner, easier to comb through and add products. I have gotten so many compliments on my hair since using this shampoo and conditioner. My routine is: Shampoo and conditioner, Frizz Ease Extra Strength Serum, and Not Your Mother's Kinky Moves Curl Defining Hair Cream. I flip my head upside down to distribute the product evenly and then air dry. In this summertime heat/humidity, my hair has never looked so awesome!

If you have fine hair, this product might be too heavy for your hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by bubblygirl

I have seriously frizzy hair. It's not damaged because I rarely heat style, but because of my range of wavy textures, it is drier than average and can get really unmanageable. My family bought this and since I've returned home, I used it as well, and I have to say I'm not really impressed. I used to like the earlier, creamier Garnier Fructis shampoos as they foamed and distributed really well without stripping my hair very much. This clear shampoo smells just as lovely as the Fructis shampoos I've used in the past, and while it foams well, it doesn't distribute through the hair nicely. As a result, I need to use more shampoo than usual, which dries out my precious waves. I used it up, but I can say that I don't want to use this any more.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by Sgoosie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wasn't expecting much from this boy was I surprised it bought back life to my dry burnt hair
( I am very flat iron happy ) you won't see results the first time but you will see results the second try the matching conditioner too ; )

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by kayabee85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I really wasn't expecting much from this product since it is cheap but it didn't even meet minimal expectations. It was awful. My hair is really dry and this made it look like a clump of hay that's been out in the field all summer. It also made my scalp dry and flaky. Don't bother.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Yay45

I actually began trying this product bec i got a great deal with coupons.... And let me tell you this is a miracle in a bottle! I have curly Latina hair that gets frizzy but i always blow dry it like 98% of the time! And the first time i used it it left my hair really moisturized! My frizz went down to where my hair wasn't as "poofy" and made it easier to blow dry. The smell is delicious and i find that after i shower im constantly smelling my hair! Husband thinks im a crack head lol :) but whatever. The shampoo at first i thought it was watery? And i was like this is not gonna work its practically liquid soap! BUT i guess with the 3 nourishing oils it really doesn't leave your hair dry after you rinse it. The conditioner is amazing its thick so you know its gonna moisturize your hair and after you rinse it softens every strand. You can notice a softness in your hair when its wet and if you blow dry you will notice your hair be softer. Thank you garnier for this wonderful product im on my second bottle of both shampoo and conditioner! And its the first time in my life i committed to a line... That i actually like? The only cons i see is the packaging of the conditioner its too thick for the bottle hole? When you almost finish the bottle is hard to get the last bit out. Also the great smell lasts for a day or so after you wash it, however as long as my hair behaves good thats all i care about!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by vina834

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE THIS SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER! My whole life I've had nice hair. It always held it's style, always stayed clean for like 4 days in a row, was straight and super shiny. I've always thought shampoo was just shampoo. Nothing else. Then I tried this baby! You can tell the difference when you lather it on your hair. The shampoo had a nice lather and smelt like heaven, then the conditioner made my hair feel so smooth and touchable. I thought it would go away after I rinsed my hair, but it stayed! My hair was even softer and even shinier for the next few days, AND THAT WAS ONLY THE FIRST WASH! I continued to use it and my hair was healthier too. My hair stylist asked me what overnight mask or oil I used, he was surprised when I said shampoo did this heavenly thing to my hair. He finished all his expensive products and bought bottles of Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition! He loves it and recommends it to every customer. Great scent and product. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by britbratg

Yes, it smooths, but only good for those with hair that rarely gets oily because my hair never feels clean after using it. Normally i can go 2-3 days without a wash, yet with this my hair is starting to get greasy on the beginning of the second day!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2014 11:09:00 PM More reviews by faija

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this at Walmart on a whim because it came in a package with the shampoo, conditioner, deep conditioner and oil. It was $9.99 for the whole thing so I figured I couldn't lose. This shampoo is awesome! I recently decided to only use products that are under $10 and that I can buy in a store instead of online.

So the shampoo kind of sucked at first. It seemed to just dry my hair out. I've learned to give things a couple of tries so I used it again. Around the third time, it was great. It didn't strip my hair. It actually felt like I had just conditioned it. I always follow up with the matching conditioner.

I think Garnier is slept on. I got sick of spending so much on hair products so I decided to settle down and make a commitment. I have definitely committed to Garnier Triple Nutrition for my moisturizing shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by sofaloaf

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

I never knew a shampoo could makeover my hair like this. I always thought they were just for cleaning, and all of those special curl enhancing, shine promoting, smoothing, moisturizing, etc, type of shampoos didn't actually work, since you'd wash them out right after anyways. I thought the magic was in the conditioner. But this shampoo gave me dramatic results.
I've been looking for a simple, workhorse shampoo to stick to for some time. One that had the perfect amount of lather, great smell, reasonable price, and didn't leave my hair stripped and lifeless, or limp and greasy. It didn't have to noticeably benefit my hair, but it shouldn't hurt my hair.
I tried this one after seeing the few, but rave reviews on MUA. I had already tried its "sister shampoo" which left me seriously underwhelmed. But in one use of this one, the extra dry formula, I was converted. My hair is usually a little stiff and fluffy, symptoms of dryness. After my hair dried, it was smooth, soft, shiny, and best of all, it had movement! It looked like the unattainable mane of a hair model, playful and swingy. Gone was the fluff and frizz.
I don't buy into the "Look at us, with 3 natural oils and all these great things in our shampoo" type advertising. I know it's got trace amounts of these touted ingredients, and it's got some heavier cleaning ingredients in it, but whatever formulation they use of them, it's working. No other shampoo can give you these results.
Not to mention, this was one of the cheapest shampoos I have ever tried ($6 for a huge bottle at Target)..and it blew all of other shampoos out of the water. I hope it's never discontinued.
Look for it in the yellow bottle, it's the triple oil nutrition shampoo.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No