John Frieda Sheer Blonde Highlighting Shampoo

3.4

This shampoo, along with the conditioner, are my HG hair products. As I'm sure a lot of the woman on the site can relate, I'm a total product junkie. I've tried so many different shampoos and conditioners and always, alllllwaaayyys come back to this, it's just perfect for me. I've got long, fine, dark blonde hair that I get highlighted. It gets dry. This shampoo gets it clean, shiny, smooth and soft and makes my highlights sparkle. I'm all set and will stick with this and won't add to the shampoo graveyard that's located under my sink anymore ;)

on 1/8/2015 5:16:00 PM

This managed to lighten my hair better and in more golden tones than the go blonder did. So, regarding color and lightening, it was nice, but talking about how it leaves your hair feeling... meh, and it gets dirtier quicker.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have dyed silvery blonde hair, which can get brassy from the pomade I use to shape my pixie cut. This shampoo is fantastic at cleansing; my hair always feels airy and soft after I use it and not stripped or dried out. I don't think it lightens my hair much, though it's hard to say as my hair is a level 10. It does, however, get rid of the darkening buildup and tones my coppery roots a little. I wash my hair about 3 times a week and use this shampoo every time!

The smell is sort of a honey floral. I have sensitive skin and this shampoo does not break me out or give me a rash.

on 4/2/2014 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have the highlight enhancing shampoo for darker shades of blonde. I love this!! I don't think it's actually meant to lighten your hair which some seem to think its suppose to do. It says it removes build up so your hair can show all the spectrums of blonde, which for me it does. People always ask if I lightened or dyed my hair after I use this! Plus it gives me crazy volume! I purchased luxurious volume after I tried this because I thought hey if this is great at giving me volume I bet the shampoo that's actually made for giving volume would be the best I've ever had... Nope. Not where near as great or even good. Idk what it is about this stuff and it's volume but if I wash with it, I know I'm getting compliments!!

on 12/24/2013 12:30:00 PM

I decided to try this product after a stylist colored my hair and got it WAY too dark. I asked for a dark golden blonde. My hair turned out almost black with red tones!!
my husband hated it and he never 'advises' me on my hair.
We went on vacation the day after my hair appt, so I couldn't go back to the stylist (and frankly didn't want to!)
so, I saw the John Frieda Sheer Blonde shampoo and conditioner on the shelf and decided to try it.
within a week of using every day, my hair was lightened to the point of actually being the color I wanted from the stylist!!
so, for the purpose that I bought it
I give it 5 stars.

on 10/25/2013 3:36:00 PM

I have blonde hair on top and dark underneath. I was using Dove shampoo and conditioner but found that shortly after getting my blonde touched up/highlighted, the colour would fade and when my roots came it, they would be very greasy looking, even after just washing my hair.
My roots are a dirty blonde colour.
I have been using the John Freida shampoo & conditioner for a month or so and I love it. It brought my blonde back to life and does not make my roots greasy at all.
I gave the price and packaging a low rating because I feel they should make bigger bottles. I feel like it is a little pricey, but I satisfied enough to keep buying it.

I am getting my hair re done in a couple days (getting rid of the dark underneath and trying an "ombre" look. I plan on still using this shampoo & conditioner to hopefully keep my blonde bright.

I would recommend this product for anyone who has oily hair and who likes to keep their blonde fresh looking as long as possible.

on 8/18/2013 4:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I liked this!

My hair doesn't seem dried out at all but to be fair I use a heavy duty moisturizing conditioner afterwards.

Also this shampoo brightens my blonde hair great!!

*Update on 8/20/13 no longer using this I went back to being a brunette

on 8/15/2013 4:30:00 AM

I decided to buy it when I got my blonde highlights, I was aware that this is going to dry my hair out but overall it is not a good product. I have tried all John Frieda shampoos so far and I think they are not worth for your money! They have a beautiful packacing but they do not do any effect on your hair!
This shampoo definitely highlighted my hair but It gave me a brassy colour, overall I was not happy with it! I will never buy John Frieda products again!

on 6/5/2013 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Amazing product to remove brassiness in hair w/out redying! (If you dont mind a gradual process of course!) I recently bleached my hair and I had so much brassiness but didn't want to have to do another bleach application to remove it, so I looked online and found this product for an AMAZING price of just $3! This little bad boy lightened my orangey/strawberry blond hair to a light brown/blond in just 4 days. Keep in mind I dont wash my hair everyday because its better to let your hair repair itself sometimes. I didnt buy the Conditioner so instead I substituted it for the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. Works like a charm :)

on 4/24/2013 6:03:00 PM

I love this! I have blonde, natural hair that always gets darker in the winter, so I decided to try this because I wanted lighter hair, but didn't want to dye it, and it totally worked! It leaves your ends a bit dry though, but you can solve that with a good conditioner. I'll definitely buy this again.

Popular Shampoos