November 26, 2014 | 1928 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Clear-Control

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 1:35:00 AM More reviews by LindasGold

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hi Gang! I am a 63 yr.-old female with a fair complexion, medium brown hair (with about 15 to 20% silver and gray in it) and hazel eyes. Facial skin is combination. My scalp is a little oily and tends to flake so this shampoo has been a winner for me. I've been using it for about 3 months and my flakes and itchy scalp are a thing of the past. I rinse my hair very well after shampooing and have not noticed any kind of film or odd feeling. My hair is very short and it adds body to it, which is a big plus also! One warning....don't let any run-off shampoo water get it in your eyes when washing your hair because it will STING them! It has a form of salicylic acid in it and that's the key to keeping the scalp free of debris. It has a very clean, fresh scent and lathers readily. I've tried to use coal-tar based shampoos in the past, but they smell waaaaay too medicinal, so this was a delight when I found this great smelling product worked for me. If you have long hair it might be a bit drying so bear that in mind. It's a bit more expensive than most drug store shampoos, but it's worth it for me. The top has a little green ball to 'push up' help flip the top up, but the last bottle I started using doesn't want to cooperate and frankly I want to snap/beat the top off and plug the hole with something rather than wrestle with it with slippery fingers. That seems to be my only gripe with it, so this has been my experience with Fructis Clear Control shampoo.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by DCookiemonster25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This did not work for dandruff for me at all, garnier is not really a brand i prefer, at least with shampoo, it leaves my hair feeling as if it have a residue left on it. Takes a bit to lather also.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this dandruff shampoo. I use it three times a week. It really helped clear up my scalp after it reacted badly to another shampoo, and it has significantly reduced the seborrheic dermatitis in my ears. It lathers easily, cleans well, rinses completely, and leaves my hair so manageable that I can skip conditioner (I have fine, straight hair). It smells pleasantly fruity, and though I'd prefer if it were fragrance free, it doesn't seemed to trigger any of my sensitivities. Plus, it's easy to find and is reasonably priced.

UPDATE: I've switched to Neutrogena T-Sal shampoo, which I like even better for my sensitive scalp since it's fragrance free.

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (3%). Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG 150 Distearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Fragrance, Hexylene Glycol, Apple Fruit Extract, Sodium Benzoate, PEG 55 Propylene Glycol Oleate, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium 10, Niacinamide, Pyridoxine HCI, Citric Acid, Linalool, Limonene, Sugar Cane Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Hexylcinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Lemon Peel Extract, Green Tea Extract. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 2/20/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by lynbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first few times I used this shampoo, it worked well, controlling oil and and dandruff. I didn't use it every wash, I rotated it with my everyday, mild shampoo for normal/oily hair so the lengths of my hair wouldn't get too dry. After a few weeks, I noticed my scalp was feeling itchy and there was build-up on my scalp every time I used this shampoo. And it thrashed the ends of my hair, even with conditioner. Not a fan.