July 25, 2014 | 1808 users online

Polishes - Australis - Nail Polish (ALL)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by aliciagrasby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love these nail polishes. They are very opaque, creamy and easy to apply. One coat is enough, although some colours look better with two. They aren't streaky either which is really nice. They dry quickly and last decently on the nails. Definitely recommend them.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Nzchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently bought 2 shades of this nail polish: peek-a-boo (a very pretty lilac) and fairybread (a glittery top coat). I love the lilac one as it is streak free and needs only 1-2 coats and the fairy bread looks great on but is quite thick and sometimes difficult to spread the glitter evenly out. The glitter is very difficult to get off with a polish remover - you need to scub at it. I would love to repurchase the non glitter shades: I am looking at buying the sweet pea and rub a dub dub shades.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2012 6:08:00 AM More reviews by AliceJessie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Here in NZ these retail for $15-$16 each which is okay-ish for "budget" branded nail polish. The color range is enough to get some decent shades, including shimmers and glitters :)
I have two polishes which I got from Kmart for $5.00 each on clearance and I love them. The first one is a gorgeous light yellow called Rub-a-dub-dub. It does apply streaky and quite thick, but two coats fixes this quickly and dries so fast! My mani was complete in minutes!
The second is a barbie pink called Sensuality which applied evenly, and dried in no time at all.
Packaging is the bottle as is, no box. The bottle design is cute and simple.
I would purchase these again on the grounds that they are cheapish and fast drying, however they chip easily (I am not wearing a top or base coat)
I love Australis products, and will be doing a proper mani tomorrow using these polishes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by babyjane14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Really great for the price. I have the shades Blackmail (my go-to black, opaque in 2 coats), Valentine (bright red opaque in one coat!), Titania (a bright orange), Blue Tiger (a stunning electric blue) and Diva House (a magenta purple). They apply very easily, give a lot of shine to the nails and last fairly well. The brush is like a smaller version of the OPI brush in my opinion, it fans out slightly with pressure which makes it apply the polish well. They have quite a good range of colours and I always recommend them to my friends!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2012 7:18:00 PM More reviews by joeccentric

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this in Aqua and Blackmail. for about $13-$15NZD.

Aqua is exactly the colour it says it is. Nice blue with green shimmer. Leans to blue more than green though. I needed 2 coats to get a nice colour and there was no streaking whatsoever. I had this for about 2 years before the formula dried out and I threw it out.

Blackmail is a nice shiny black. Simple as that. Again, I required 2 coats for a nice smooth shiny finish.

I didn't love the brush as much as I did with my Rimmel lasting finish ones but it wasn't the worst. Colour range was decent but didn't have the ones I wanted. Won't be repurchasing as I found Rimmel to have a better colour range and smoother formula at a slightly cheaper price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2012 2:33:00 AM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have two of thse nail polishes and one of them (foil spoil) can easily pass as a dupe to Chanel Graphite. The colour is beautiful, the formulation is great and the finish is glossy enough to go without a top coat. These nail polishes also really strenghtens/hardens my nails to the point where I feel like they would last for a long time on the nails without chipping or peeling off. I'm seriously loving foil spoil as the colour is just beautiful and it's subtle yet bling on the nails! it's sophisticated to wear to work as well.

These Australis polishes are way cheaper than most at $10 a pop, however they are still more expensive than my beloved Kleancolor hence the 4 lippie rating. would buy again though because Australis seem to come up with great colours and dupes all the time

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I have one of these in Sweet-Pea, which is a minty green with a creme finish. The formula is pretty good. It's a bit thicker so it takes two coats to get it opaque. They don't go on streaky but take alot longer than usual to dry. This lasts generally quite well without a top-coat, but I tend to change my nail colour quite frequently. Many of their shades are mostly creme or shimmer finishes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/23/2011 6:35:00 AM More reviews by alee26

I own about 3-4 of these polishes. They're okay, but I find they chip pretty easily and some apply quite streaky. The creme finishes are the best ones to get because they are more pigmented so you only need to apply two coats at the most. The shimmer finishes are the ones I find the most difficult to apply properly and often have a hard time layering them to achieve a more opaque colour. They dry pretty fast but you need to add a top-coat to make them last longer. Overall, they are a hit/miss. I will continue to purchase since they are more affordable. :)