July 28, 2014 | 1230 users online

Moisturizers - Philosophy - Miracle Worker Anti-Aging FLuid Spf 55

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 4:21:00 AM More reviews by stefandomen

I have the SPF 50 product. Any 5 star review you read is correct. HG for under makeup. But Philosophy knows how good it is- non comedogenic, anti-aging, super high SPF 50, soaks in skin really well so it is perfect for under any foundation BB, CC cream and so on. Oh they definitely know how great and rare a product like this is, hence the insane price tag of $59 for 1.7 oz! And you can't use it sparingly or you won't get the SPF you PAID for. I must be even crazier because I bought it, use it and will continue buying it unless I can't even afford McDonalds anymore due to my vanity! But I'm worth it although my husband may think Neutrogena sunscreen and a few zits and wrinkles is fine because he wants to keep eating. Too bad for him.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 6:29:00 PM More reviews by SophieH

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After trying numerous formulations from Shiseido, LRP, Elta MD, Bioderma, L'oreal, etc. (basically all the top-rated SPFs here and then some), I finally found an SPF that ticks all the boxes for me.

My skin is currently *highly* sensitive and breakout prone. I can only tolerate tiny amounts of certain ingredients such as cyclopentasiloxane and silicones in general. All the Shiseido products basically had too much silicone for me. This contains a bit of dimethicone, but that's it--and I find that the ingredients in general are friendly and soothing.

This doesn't make my skin sting. It doesn't make it red, allergic, or irritated. And I've never gotten a breakout or even a pimple from this--even when I've worn it overnight or layered it with several other products during the day.

The packaging is a very nice, functional, opaque tube that is hygienic, easy, and good for travel. The formula is a light but non-runny, highly blendable, sour cream-textured, weightless lotion. I use six pumps at a time, which is a lot, and I find that it sinks completely into my skin without balling up or leaving a nasty layer on top. Also, while it is a bit shiny at first, once it dries down or is layered with other products, it isn't shiny or even glowy in the least.

Literally, it just feels like applying lotion to your skin. Like the lightest lotion, it's a little bit moisturizing, but not so moisturizing that you couldn't layer it with multiple other moisturizers and products, which I do. And I have no problems whatsoever. It's as if this layer completely disappears.

Since it is an all-chemical sunscreen, it photographs flawlessly and does not look mask-like. In fact, it is completely traceless on the skin.

You don't have to sacrifice sun protection for the elegance and flexibility of the formulation. This has a truly solid SPF 55+ that is photostable and broad-spectrum. I would imagine the PPD is PA+++-level, although that's just a guess. The best part is that this is such a nice product that you can truly use the recommended (large) amount of it without any problems, and using a large amount is what will really protect your face.

That said, it is expensive, and I have not been able to find any similar formulas for a lower price. But if you have to spend your skincare money somewhere, sunscreen is a good place to do it.

The biggest drawback of this product for me is that Philosophy is no longer cruelty-free, so the search isn't quite over.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a generous sample of this from Sephora and used it for a few days. On the plus side, it has a good spf 55 and a light, gel-like consistency packaged in a hygienic pump tube. The big negative is that it rolled off my face. I layered it over different products ranging from an AHA, a hydroquinone lightener, a non-spf moisturizer and a retinol. It flaked off over each of them. Maybe if you're not using any other products this might work. I give it a 3 for the high spf, good packaging and nice lotion quality. But it's very expensive and rolls off when layered over other products.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2012 11:31:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Absolutely love this moisturizer with sunscreen! I purchased it on the recommendation review from Paula Begoun and am thrilled with this product from the packaging, to the formula, and the high SPF.
The packaging is fantastic as it's an opaque tube with a pump. The formula is very light weight and doesn't feel heavy or greasy. Sinks right into my skin and it doesn't leave a white cast either despite being SPF 55. I have had no issues with any sensitivities or clogged pores. Also it contains peptides, plant extracts, antioxidants, and is fragrance free. I have found this sunscreen wears incredibly well under makeup with all my foundations with and without primers.
I purchased this item on eBay for half the retail price Sephora charges too. Definitely will be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by jdf7880

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been searching for a sun block lotion that wouldn't break me out and leave me shiney. This does leave some shine but I just use a primer (The Present) over top and I'm good to go. I've been using it for about 6 weeks now and even though I have very sensitive skin I've never had a problem with this

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2011 11:14:00 PM More reviews by tutsweet

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

No added fragrance. However, it has a VERY strong odor associated with the chemical components of the sunscreen. Light, but leaves a slightly shiny finish. I received it with a QVC TSV, and kept the other products. The smell of the product was so annoying that I decided that I couldn't even use it on my forearms. I've tossed it out, but kept the other items that came with the TSV. I've never liked chemical sunscreens. However, I hoped that Philosophy might have created a less synthetic smelling product. I don't recommend it.

5 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No