July 30, 2014 | 1131 users online

Shampoo - Kinky Curly - Come Clean Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Jojode

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this shampoo, I have very dry hair but oily scalp & this product really washes away debris, oil buildup and impureties. Does not strip the hair. I only use as needed. Love it !! I have 4b/4c hair

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by yamile0606

IT HAS c14-16 OLEFIN SULFONATE WHICH IS MORE HARSH THAN SULFATES.

I was really looking forward to using this shampoo as it says mild enough for every day use. This is NOT true. I read on the bottle that it was sulfate free, so I assumed it was mild, but once I washed my hair, it was really dry and squeaky clean. It just felt worse than my regular sulfate shampoo. So I researched on the net and I was right! It has c14-16 olefin sulfonate which is considered "very harsh" vs sulfate which is considered "harsh" on a popular curly hair website. Google the name and you can see for yourself. Maybe they changed the formula because most good reviews were done a year or two ago, but I just bought this in June 2013 and it contains this very harsh ingredient, not good for curlies or people with very dry hair.

The shampoo does clean, and I'm sure it cleans all the build up from other products, but if it's a clearing shampoo, it should be advertised as such. Instead, it makes users believe it's mild, and it's not. I don't like deceptive advertising, so I won't be buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2013 11:48:00 PM More reviews by hikerfrau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair is dry enough that I go over a month in the winter and it never looks oily or gets matted. This product strips my hair, but not as badly as 99% of other shampoos. So why do I recommend it?

Usually I use a Jessicurl shampoo. But I switch to Come Clean when my hair is too dirty for the Jessicurl to handle. Like when I put bug spray in my hair, swim in a chlorinated pool, hang out with friends who smoke, or spend hours in the ocean. After using Come Clean, it takes several days of leaving a heavy conditioner (Jessicurl Deep Conditioning Treatment) in my hair to bring my hair back to normal.

I think this would work well as a regular shampoo for someone with somewhat dry hair. It isn't good for oily hair. My hubby, who has oily hair, tried it. It did nothing for him.

It is scented, but I don't find it cloying or sickening. And the scent fades in a few hours. I also like that it has no dyes. I don't need to use a lot at a time so my original bottle has lasted me easily a couple of years.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/6/2012 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Greennectarine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have 3a curly hair and this product was extremely drying for me! Even after using a deep conditioner. My hair was not itself after using this-this was the only time I've had knots in my hair after washing. Will not be repurchasing. This may be a great product for those who's hair is not so much on the dry side and have a lot of product build up. I feel like it did get my hair extremely clean but with no love.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2012 11:46:00 PM More reviews by jaimeramone28

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is really good for removing the Curling Custard and other build-up, but it is SUPER drying. I have to mix it with some coconut oil so it won't strip my hair and then follow up with a ton of conditioner. It really does give my hair and scalp a clean start, though.

EDIT- I don't use this anymore. In fact, I don't even shampoo anymore. I do the CG method of washing with a cleansing conditioner, and my hair is super clean yet soft and MOISTURIZED! This was too stripping for me. I gave it away to a friend, though, who seems to like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 2:40:00 PM More reviews by KateFesch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I couldn't agree more with Eliana78. The product itself is excellent - it cleans well without stripping and it smells very fresh and natural. The only problem is the price tag, which is too high for the amount of product you're getting. There are cheaper, more sensible alternatives that do just as good a job as this one. If however all-natural is important to you, then this is certainly worth checking.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2011 1:06:00 PM More reviews by Eliana78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have long 3b/3c S curl hair that is porous, medium-fine, yet very dense. While I do not use this product as a staple I have used it several times and find it to be an excellent shampoo. It lathers a lot yet it doesn't leave the hair feeling stripped, brittle, nor dry. I felt it got my scalp and hair very clean. It also left it smelling very fresh. The price point isn't appealing to me hence why I wouldn't use it as a staple and have found a cheaper alternative. But it's a great shampoo to use if one is looking for something natural that doesn't leave the hair feeling like dry straw after use and you don't mind the price point.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 10:39:00 PM More reviews by lefty986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've tried the Kinky Curly Curling Custard, Knot Today conditioner, and Come Clean shampoo and this shampoo is the only product I've really liked from this line. My hair is thick, curly, and coarse and it cleans my hair without stripping it and leaving it feeling hard and squeaky-clean.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2010 10:46:00 PM More reviews by janetgrace

Excellent, no frills clear shampoo that is color safe giving the best shine and bouncy hair. Love it and can be purchased at whole foods or online at naturallycurly.com. Lathers great and it's a welcome change to wash hair with a clear shampoo that doesn't strip, yet leaves hair comfortable and soft. It's not only for curly girls, it's for anyone who doesn't want excessive ingredients to weigh hair down.