Creative Nail Design Shellac Red Baroness

4.8

I LOVE CND Shellac! I would never go back to regular nail polish after trying Shellac. It definitely lasts 14+ days with no chipping (and I am hard on my nails) and looks so shiny. I do my own Shellac and find it very easy to apply, as easy/easier than regular nail polish to apply. I don't use the CND UV lamp and it's not an issue, the one I use is 36wt with 4 bulbs, same as the CND lamp, only it cost me $30 on eBay versus the $300+ the CND lamp is. I also find Shellac easy to remove, I am either able to peel it straight off or if I can't, I soak my nails in alcohol for a few minutes and afterwards it is softened enough to peel off. I have only used the colour 'Red Baroness' as I pretty much only like red nail polishes. 'Red Baroness' is a really nice, strong red colour but at the same time not too in your face so is appropriate for all situations. Also a little goes a long way with Shellac, especially with the base & top coats. I've given myself at least 5 manicures with my bottles of Shellac and I still have plenty left.

LOVE LOVE LOVE Shellac!!! I would (and do!) recommend this to everyone! To do Shellac at home all you need are the polishes - base polish, colour, top polish (around $16 each for me on eBay and worth every cent), a 36wt 4 bulb UV lamp (mine was $30) and alcohol/acetone for wiping nails after top coat has been cured to get shine + later removal.

on 5/23/2011 9:56:00 AM

This is a beautiful color. I receive a lot of compliments whenever I wear it. It's a shade of red that catches the light and shimmers very prettily. Color lasted 12 days only because I wanted to change the color. :-)

on 9/19/2010 3:06:00 PM

I liked the shimmer/metallic finish to this one. I got to day 11 before it chipped (even when it did, they were little). I'm so rough on my nails it's ridiculous, so it impressed me! :)
This shade was my favorite out of the ones I've tried. Wildfire doesn't seem to suit me.

on 8/11/2010 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This is a review for the SHELLAC formula of Red Baroness.
Just as Mel_C says, this is a pretty cool-toned red with a hint of shimmer to give it some depth. I am not a red-lover, but this one is very flattering as it is blue-based and pretty.

A solid choice.