October 23, 2014 | 1194 users online

Polishes - Essie - Haute as Hello

rated 2 of 5 on 2/22/2014 1:24:00 PM More reviews by AleRF

The color is beautiful but it seems to look different depending on the person, on some nails it looks more orange then peach and on some it can look more coral then peach. However it is not true orange nor true peach, it has pink in it so i would say it is definitely coralish.

Formula is how most people described it, streaky and the finish is a not so flattering matte so if you like your nails glossy, a top coat is a must with this polish.

Now as far as application goes, if you are careful it only requires 2 coats. I find it that it applies more evenly if you take more polish on the applicator and you spread it on the nail fast.

It dries up quite quickly and it lasts a good few days without chipping.

Personally i would not repurchase it when i will run out of it just because of the formula and the finish. I like shiny, glossy nail polishes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful orange-coral color that is great for summer. I think it look amazing on tanned skin tone. I was looking for coral color and ended up wearing this one (mine was not streaky, two coats was enough) and it lasts for more than 5 days without chipping, lasts really good! However I think it's more orange color than coral. Looks amazing in photos.
P.S. I'm surprised how long it lasts, it's been almost a week and there is no chip! Wow.
I used Essie top coat.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, yes, it's streaky (but no more than some of the other Essie cremes I have, like Bikini so Teeny and lilacism) and yes it dries matte. But the color is sooooo beautiful. It's a perfect peachy-coral that doesn't lean orange or red on me. One coat of Revlon Colorstay top coat and one coat of quick dry top coat and it's nice and shiny. Lasts a good 5 days without chipping with my Revlon CS BC. It's a keeper!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by differentnailseveryday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am going to keep this one short and sweet.

GORGEOUS color. Just pretty pretty pretty and perfect for spring.

HORRIBLE formula. Streaky as sin and took 4 coats to get an even look. Into the purge pile with this one. That being said-polish is strange and maybe with another person's chemistry it would work wonderfully

rated 3 of 5 on 1/13/2013 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Heybets

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like just about everyone said - this took 3 coats and still looks a tad streaky. The finish was the mattest I have ever seen a polish dry. Top coat solved it. Great colir. Would buy agsin for the color, but what's up with the formulstion?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by Jaclyn86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love the colour but it misses out on a top rating as I find the finish too matte, even with sechevite on top!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by foppery

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This polish is a lovely color: a pale neon melon, very retro. But as many people have mentioned, the application is terrible. Even after three coats, it was streaky and uneven, as if I'd asked a five-year-old to paint my nails. (I also dislike the matte finish, but that can be fixed with a topcoat.) There are lots of coral polishes on the market these days; don't buy this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2012 3:36:00 PM More reviews by Lil_Mamma_001

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm like the majority here, LOVE the color. It's bright and cheerful. But also
Ike most don't think you'll get away with one coat. The 2 times I've used this so far I had to do 2-3 coats.

The first time I used it I applied 2 coats of Haute As Hello and one of Sinful Cloud 9 (a nearly sheer slightly shimmery orange) for a little added shimmer since this does not dry glossy, sort of semi matte. I honestly can't remember the staying power as opposed to the 2nd time but I do remember it chipping quick.

What I am surprised to not see more of is the chipping from this polish. The second time which is recently, I applied 2 coats of Haute As Hello and one clear coat (Sally Hansen Hard As Nails Xtreme Wear Clear coat) and this stuff chipped like crazy starting the very next day!

Next time I plan to do a first coat something close in color then the HAH to see if that helps the staying power and chipping. Will update!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 11:29:00 PM More reviews by uh_gabyzinha

This has got to be one of my favorite polishes of all time. At least, color wise. OK, I admit I'm not a big fan of Essie (c'mon, it's about time they update their packaging/brushes), but I this color looks amazing on a sun-kissed skin come summertime! I have tried to no avail to find a dupe, but so far, haven't been able to. I had none of the problems people are complaining about (application was a breeze). Perhaps I got a different batch? I usually don't give 5 lippies to Essie polishes, but IMO this one deserves it based on color alone.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2012 9:23:00 PM More reviews by wareagle08

I love this color, but it never looks quite like it does in the pictures on me. The application is a pain, yes, but that's not a deal breaker for me. The deal breaker is the chipping! It doesn't last 24 hours! I use the same base (essie) and top coat (seche vite) as I do with all my other polishes and this is hands down the worst polish I own. I've used it 3 or 4 times because I thought I was crazy. Every time it chips within 24 hours and looks like crap within 2 days. It's really not worth the difficult application for a mani that lasts only a day or two! I'll say it did last better on my toes, so I will continue using it for pedicures. Never again on a mani tho. Surely there's a dupe somewhere. Just not worth it.