July 30, 2014 | 1888 users online

Polishes - Essie - Tart Deco

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by evitara22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This colour is my fave!! It is like a bright pastel, so nice when you have tanned hands :-) In contrast some other reviewers I haven't experienced any trouble applying the polish. Two layers and a top coat last days and days! I'm wearing it for several weeks now and I get so many compliments!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by alyssabell1147

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice color, but the formula is awful. My mother and I both tried to apply it and it was both thick and gloppy. Incredibly streaky. Very unlike most any other shade I've tried. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by trishhh12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color, I'd describe it as a coral-almost-neon. Opaque streak-free creme in three coats (two if you're not such a stickler but I found it still a wee bit streaky). Great color for summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ferndarlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this colour! True, it does dry a little garish but it still comes up beautiful, like a neon peachy pastel orange. The texture is very thin but it applied evenly and easily, and looked great with two coats.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by deusex

A little thin in the formula, but the color is really nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by slc95815

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like Essie polishes but Tart Deco was horrible. I loved the color in the bottle, but it dried to a bright orange instead of the medium coral I was expecting. It went on very streaky and took two coats on most nails and three on a couple others. This was applied by my nail technician during my manicure/pedicure. It is a great pedicure color but way too bright for me to wear in meeting at work. My search for soft-medium coral continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this during the summer and I thought the polish looked quite unflattering on my tan yellow hands so I stopped using it after that. Recently I've been using it couple more times. What I found is that the color looks better on the toes. And it looks better on fairer skin. I would describe the color as warm salmon pink.

First coat can be streaky but by second coat I find it to look great. The formula isn't perfect...but it's been pretty good for me. Drying time is not too long as long as I put a good top coat.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2014 9:49:00 PM More reviews by KatieRamey

I am a huge fan of essie, and orange just happens to be my favorite color! I was surprised that this dried to be much brighter than in the bottle . The end result is nice, and I love it, but I wish it stayed the same color as in the bottle.

The formula is thin, and fully opaque in 2 coats (for me anyway) One coat left it looking streaky. I like the small brush, as I have very small nail beds.

I have this on as my current mani with essie no chips ahead top coat, and so far so good! No chipping, or peeling!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by baldymonster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This dries to become a lot brighter and a lot more orange than it appears in the bottle, but I still like it, especially for toes. What can I say, I'm a sucker for bright pastels. The only thing I don't like about this polish is the same thing I don't like about all Essies: the horrifically streaky formula and the teeny tiny little brush that make them a nightmare to apply!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/6/2013 10:30:00 AM More reviews by ShawTee843

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is hands down the WORST nail polish I've ever owned. I so regret buying it. I adore Essie's range of colors and cute little bottles, but that's about where it ends. The formula is clumpy, streaky, and quite frankly, a pain in the ass. I'm no novice when it comes to painting my nails and I really struggled with this. The brush is soo thin which only exacerbates the streaky, clumpy, and patchy application. It's just makes it 100x harder to get an even, smooth coat.. And applying two coats doesn't help whatsoever. I can't believe I paid almost $10 for this little bottle. I've used it twice.. Only on my toes (fingers were impossible) bc it's a smaller surface area and farther away do mistakes aren't as noticeable and I do love the color, but the last time I tried to do my toes with this one again, it was soo dried out and thick that it's completely worthless already! I store and close my nail polishes tightly so there is no excuse for this. Save your money ladies. I bought this one and "Mint Candy Apple" in the summertime bc the colors are lovely and everyone was obsessing over these polishes, but Essie (in my opinion) turned out to be another overrated brand that definitely doesn't live up to the hype. "Mint Candy Apple" was just as bad... Maybe not as clumpy as "Tart Deco", but just as streaky. There are much better brands out there, and many at a much better price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No