August 22, 2014 | 1909 users online

Polishes - Essie - Tart Deco

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by debdebarge

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My ultimate Favorite polish!! I apply 2-3 thin coats bec of the streakage. I've turned 2 others on to it. I always apply a shiny top coat & it looks even prettier.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I so wanted to love this but in the end I could not bring myself to even like this one. For starters, I'm no Essie fan. I don't like the brush, color names and most formulas oxidize on me and morph into something shameful. This was no exception.
I loved this color in the bottle at CVS. Love ended there. On me this was straight up creamy orange. Not. Pretty.
The formula initially streaked then failed to layer with any real success. Dry time wasn't great. But, the final outcome just didn't live up to the hype. Back to CVS this went.
If you love orange, come play with this one. If your skintone is warm and medium deep this will look great. If your pale like me, keep it moving as this will not be flattering. 2 lippies for the name and inspiration. Beyond that: epic fail.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 8:01:00 PM More reviews by eyeluvmakeup21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Just bought this polish a week ago I tried it on right away, I used no base or top coat and it has not chipped. I don't understand the bad reviews, for this was a good formula, I only used one coat! Beautiful color. I think these polishes are a hit or miss because a few years ago I bought a limited edition one called 'barefoot & top less' beautiful nude color but terrible formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by evitara22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This colour is my fave!! It is like a bright pastel, so nice when you have tanned hands :-) In contrast some other reviewers I haven't experienced any trouble applying the polish. Two layers and a top coat last days and days! I'm wearing it for several weeks now and I get so many compliments!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 12:17:00 AM More reviews by alyssabell1147

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Nice color, but the formula is awful. My mother and I both tried to apply it and it was both thick and gloppy. Incredibly streaky. Very unlike most any other shade I've tried. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 9:08:00 PM More reviews by trishhh12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color, I'd describe it as a coral-almost-neon. Opaque streak-free creme in three coats (two if you're not such a stickler but I found it still a wee bit streaky). Great color for summer!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/20/2014 1:20:00 PM More reviews by ferndarlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this colour! True, it does dry a little garish but it still comes up beautiful, like a neon peachy pastel orange. The texture is very thin but it applied evenly and easily, and looked great with two coats.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by deusex

A little thin in the formula, but the color is really nice.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by slc95815

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like Essie polishes but Tart Deco was horrible. I loved the color in the bottle, but it dried to a bright orange instead of the medium coral I was expecting. It went on very streaky and took two coats on most nails and three on a couple others. This was applied by my nail technician during my manicure/pedicure. It is a great pedicure color but way too bright for me to wear in meeting at work. My search for soft-medium coral continues.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2014 1:30:00 AM More reviews by jencypark

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this during the summer and I thought the polish looked quite unflattering on my tan yellow hands so I stopped using it after that. Recently I've been using it couple more times. What I found is that the color looks better on the toes. And it looks better on fairer skin. I would describe the color as warm salmon pink.

First coat can be streaky but by second coat I find it to look great. The formula isn't perfect...but it's been pretty good for me. Drying time is not too long as long as I put a good top coat.