Hard Candy Date Night

3.8

on 12/9/2010 5:47:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I love, LOVE this glitter polish! Date Night has medium pink glitter suspended in a more or less clear base. Compared to Milani Disco Lights, the glitter in HC Date Night is finer and easier to apply. Also, it's opaque after two coats on me, although a third coat wouldn't hurt. For $4, I can't complain. Compared to the Milani version, I prefer HC Date Night!

on 11/6/2010 2:19:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Date Night is tied with Lava for my favorite color from Hard Candy. I will say that it goes on VERY sheer and takes between 3-5 coats in order to get a nice, solid color. However, once it's applied, it looks gorgeous. Fantastic color for the beach, summer occasions, etc. and really looks great when the sun hits it and the glitter sparkles. My main complaint is the glitter in the polish makes it very difficult to remove and actually seems to have damaged my toenails a bit. I don't usually use a base coat, but with this polish, I need to. Other shades (such as Lava) seem to have a finer glitter that isn't as difficult or harsh on the nails. Still, it's a beautiful shade and I'll definitely keep using it.

on 9/27/2010 12:25:00 AM

I like this a lot. I got my bottle a year ago and I've been using it on and off since then. I like to use black nail polish then layer this over it to give my nails a deep, sparkly, disco ball effect. It doesn't chip easily and it dries fast if I use a couple thin coats. I plan on wearing glittery nail polish till I die, and Hard Candy makes my favorite ones.

on 1/27/2010 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Pretty color if layered over a pink shade, on it's own very sheer. Very sparkly, one of my new favorites. Super inexpensive, will repurchase

on 10/14/2009 8:46:00 PM

This is a glittery pink polish that looks lovely in the bottle. It goes on much sheerer than I expected, and even with two coats and an instant dry top coat, it wasn't close to dry after 30 minutes. Sadly, I think this is going straight into the trash.