October 20, 2014 | 2071 users online

Treatments - Revlon - Polish-Me-Perfect Cuticle Protector

rated 1.0(1 review)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2009 2:52:00 AM More reviews by stilagirl9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If painting your own nails is anything like playing with coloring books, I'm definitely one of those kids who just can't stay within the lines!

I was hopeful when I found this at Big Lots for $2. It's a pink gel, in a tube, which you apply to (presumably) prevent nail polish from adhering to your cuticles or skin around your nails. After the polish is dry on your nails, you wipe the gunk - and, if Revlon is to be believed, the stray polish - off your skin.

The tube has a groove tip, which is supposed to guide you to deposit the product right on the cuticle ridge. It's hard to apply consistent pressure while trying to focus - product inevitably gets onto the nail, and you have to wipe it off. You also wind up removing the product from where it's supposed to be.

The packaging says you can use your fingertip or a cotton swab "for a more precise application," making me wonder why they even bothered with the groove tip. I tried this method on one nail, and it sort of did what it was supposed to do ... and then, because some of it wound up on my nail, it took some polish off my nail as well! The fact is, if your nail polish application is so bad it keeps getting on your skin, a product that demands precision isn't going to help. You're better off having the polish flake off the skin while you're taking a shower. It's not the fastest or most efficient method, but it's certainly more precise and effective!

The top ingredient is Petrolatum, which makes me think that Vaseline and a Q-Tip would be just as effective. This may have been $2, but I clearly overpaid! continued >>