November 23, 2014 | 1939 users online

Skincare - Face - Philosophy - On A Clear Day Completely Clear Skin System

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2012 9:40:00 AM More reviews by kcolley

There were lots of good reviews for this system so I was excited to try it. I have moderate-significant acne on my chin and in my t-zone and have not have much luck with other OTC acne kits but I was interested in trying something with Retinol. I gave this kit a serious try and stuck with it for almost 2 months to ensure it had time to work. Overall I liked the cleanser it made my skin feel clean but it did make my face go a little pink and it had a strong chemical smell so it is not very gentle and if you are sensitive it may be too harsh for you. The all over acne gel was one of the nice gel treatments I have tried texture wish but dried out my skin. The spot treatment I found utterly useless. The retinol treatment felt nice and for the first week it was actually moisturizing however during week two of use my skin went very dry and scaly and I had to reduce use of the all over treatment and retinol treatment to every other day which allowed my skin to calm down. I was eventually able to work back up to everyday but in the end I found the system just didn't work for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2011 3:06:00 AM More reviews by ashlielgrant

I'm HIGHLY allergic to benzoyl peroxide - THIS IS THE ONLY PRODUCTS THAT HAVE EVER WORKED FOR ME !! I'M IN LOVE ! Will never use anything else - this products are pricy but will do anything for clear skin ! Loving the entire kit !

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by Prettynotes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got the On a Clear Day Foaming Cleanser when I went to buy the purity cleanser. The idea was to alternate between both cleansers (one in the morning,one at night) and I did for about a week. The foaming cleanser was a bit drying but it left my skin looking clean. So I was happy. Until about a week ago, when I washed my face before bed with it and a couple of minutes later felt my skin a bit warm. When I looked in the mirror my whole face was red and sort of puffed out! So weird! Nothing like this had ever happened to me before, so I stopped using the foam and now I just use the purity cleanser. I don't have sensitive skin and got this reaction, so if you're sensitive to a lot of products, be careful with On a Clear Day.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/12/2011 6:15:00 PM More reviews by Bergle646

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This worked for me for the first 2 weeks then my skin went back to the way it was, oily and pimply. This stuff also STINKS! It tooks me awhile to figure out the nasty smell that was surrounding me everyday and realized it was this product. Since I stopped using it the smell has dissappeared. It might work for some people if you can get past the smell. Also the cleasner didn't feel like it was doing anything on my face it felt just as dirty after I used it as before.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 3:59:00 PM More reviews by auttie26

I've suffered from acne for almost ten years and it's gotten really old. I've tried everything you can think of. Proactiv, murad, accutane, antibiotics etc. So I decided to try philosophy about 3 weeks ago. At first my skin freaked out and I broke out really bad. I think it was because I switched from benzoyl peroxide to this salicylic acid line. I think it was just bringing all the impurities under the surface out. My skin is so soft and is getting really clear.

I use this in combination with a light exfoliating wash to help get all the dead stuff off. I really love the retinol lotion and I feel like that is the best part of the line.

Try it and stick with it for a while, your skin might freak out at first but it will clear up eventually.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 7:54:00 PM More reviews by SaraNikkita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this because I have been fighting acne for most of my twenties. I was using benzoyl peroxide and was worried about the strength and effects of it so I wanted to find something that didn't use bp. I liked this because it had sulfur listed as an ingredient in one of the steps. I also liked that the night cream used retinol. I started using this and didn't notice any change. I used it for a month then took it back. My acne actually seemed to get worse, I broke out everywhere on my face, not just my chin and forehead. I broke out all over my cheeks, where I never break out. When I went back to using bp, my face cleared up in a week, I had some serious scars from the breakouts during my philosophy use and I was not happy at all. Luckily these scars have faded enough that I don' t have to use concealer anymore. I don't know why but it didn't work for me, the only thing that seems to work is bp.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by tequierosparrow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER USED. no more pimples after YEARSSSSSSSSS of having them. GET IT NOW!!
UPDATE:
Been using this for over a year now, NOTHING but this works. I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Wish it was actually available in Canada, I have to order from Sephora all the time...but i will continue to do so for clear skin. i cannot believe i finally found something that works!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/2/2010 1:53:00 AM More reviews by loveforsocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

As a whole this regimen dried my skin out far too much. I didn't really see much reduction in my acne, either. The foaming facial wash felt nice, but left my skin feeling tight. The spot treatment didn't really do much for me either. I can't remember whether the kit I bought came with a moisturizer, but if it did I don't remember it so it must not have been that great. The one product that I did incorporate into my routine was the all-over acne treatment. It seemed to make a little bit of a difference. But now even that is fading out of my routine because I've found better products.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by PaigeB143

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Of the many acne systems I have tried in the past this one may be the worst. The first few days seemed to be working wonderful, the foaming cleanser is never my fav kind of cleanser but the lotion made up for it. I started to notice a SLIGHT decline in the 3 or 4 pimples I had hanging around my jaw line. I thought GREAT! Then, around day 4 my face got totally dry and super tight feeling. When I would put on my makeup on it would seem to peel off with my skin, it was soooo gross! Needless to say back to Sephora it went!

On a side note, the cleanser smells like a chemical plant, even more so then other acne washes I have used.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/5/2009 1:14:00 PM More reviews by 2doxiemom

This product was a nightmare for my combination skin. While I enjoyed the "feel" of the cleanser, it didn't seem to do much for my skin. As far as I could tell, the serum actually made my acne spread and the sulfur spot treatment smelled atrocious and appeared to have no impact whatsoever. The retinol cream was a nice idea and felt nice on my skin, but didn't seem to improve the condition of my skin or appear to make my pores smaller.

I tried this product attempting to avoid benzoyl peroxide but all in all my skin was far worse after the use of this system than before I began. I truly regret spending the money on this before researching it more fully on MUA.