September 21, 2014 | 1227 users online

Moisturizers - Mario Badescu - Bee Pollen Night Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2014 1:25:00 AM More reviews by Sara44

I'm a huge fan of mario badescu products, and was was intrigued by this bee vemon trend celebs have been doing.

Like the other reviewers said, it is definitely a balm, feel very nice and moisturizing but doesn't absorb right away. I woke up with glowing smooth and soft, soft SOFT skin.
Was beautiful and did everything it was suppose too, but if you have acne prone skin be careful. It left me with a bunch on small bumps on my cheeks and so did with mario badescu's moisturizing rosehip mask (also not for acne prone skin!) So I won't be re purchasing it but it's something I can definitely see myself using in the future for anti aging!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I bought this because it was recommended to my mom after she did her skin care questionnaire and she used up her sample and constantly talked about how amazing it was. We both have the same skin type and issues going on with our skin, so of course I had to hop on the internet and order my own jar (18 USD for a one ounce jar) because I have a thing for moisturizers and was on the look out for a good night cream.

When I first opened my jar of this night cream, I immediately noticed the smell (in a good way!) and how it looked (a light color but VERY thick consistency). I was a bit skeptical because I have combination skin that is quite oily on my forehead, top of my nose, and chin with dry spots between my eyebrows, the sides of my nose, and the tops of my cheeks (weird, I know). I did not want to wake up in the morning oily or with acne and that was what I was most afraid of.

Well the first night that I used it, I will admit, I think that I went a bit overboard with how much I used. I applied it as I would any other moisturizer, which in this case, may have been a bit too much. I woke up in the morning, and I did not have pimples, but along the bridge of my nose and on my forehead, I still had some remaining product that had not been absorbed. So I waited a couple nights and decided to try again. This time I used a very small amount (which makes a lot more sense now that I think about it, because of how creamy it is and easy to smooth onto your skin) and woke up in the morning with soft, smooth, clear skin.

I love this night cream and I am so glad that I purchased it and gave it a second chance. It is amazing and it works well when paired over a face oil for additional moisture. I will definitely continue to purchase this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by hebs76

I thought this might be too thick for my combo skin but its the opposite. A little does go a long way and I have found this to be great as a night time cream. It sinks into my skin and I don't wake up with an oil slicked face. I expected that I might break out or my blackheads would get worse but it's actually making my skin look better. I am noticing better results with this cream than with the Priori one I was using

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

One of the few Mario Badescu products I would repurchase. This is the first MB product that I really wanted. I love how thick and creamy this lotion is. Not too heavy, can be greasy but since it's a night cream that doesn't bother me at all. I have oily/ acne prone skin so I use a lot of products that dry my skin out but with this cream my skin stays in balance. It's nice that a little goes a long way since the jar is quite small. I don't have a problem with this product breaking me out but everyone's skin is different. Mario Badescu has a nice return policy so even if it does give you problems you don't have to be stuck with it. This is probably the night cream I will stick with for the foreseeable future.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2012 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Nirvarna0

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Feels totally awesome. I have a problem with night creams absorbing really fast over night but not this. It isn't greasy in the morning either.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 11:49:00 PM More reviews by happylynngilmer

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have combo, sensitive, acne prone Irish-Scandinavian skin, with scarring.

I agree with the MUAer who wrote below me that this a balm. I was scared to use this at first since I'm prone to break outs, but the smell enticed me. It called to me! I tried just a tad...and the next day I swear my face was smoother and more even. I ended up using the whole sample over the course of 9 days, and this stuff is so good I'm buying a full size. I don't like tubs, I don't think they're very hygienic, but as long as my fingers are clean when I use it, I can't complain much, lolz.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 11:19:00 AM More reviews by lunax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Love. My skin always looks positively radiant after using this cream and no matter how much I use it its never broken me out (I thought it might at first since its incredibly hydrating and I have combo-bordering-oily skin). I alternate between this and Marios seaweed night cream though anyways. Oh, and the jar lasts forever so its well worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by glitteralex

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This cannot really be called a cream...it is more of a balm. It is VERY moisturizing, and would be considered greasy by most. I use it prior to using my High Frequency device, which dries skin. Even after that, it keeps my dry skin smooth all night in an arid winter climate. The light honey scent is very nice, and the consistency good. I used it all over the face, neck, and eye area.

The one negative for me on this is that MB is still using parabens as preservatives. Until they change to P-20 or another non-estrogenic preservative, I will stick with Weleda's Everon for when my skin really needs help.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2009 3:42:00 PM More reviews by malinen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

The Mario Badescu Website reccomends this night cream for combination, dry and sensitive skin and describes it as "A skin softening cream providing a combination of natural oils with Bee Pollen and Honey Extract that hydrate and improve the texture of the skin overnight". A jar lasts me about three months and I've used two. I've also tried the Mario Badescu Vitamin E Night Cream, but this is my favorite. My skin is very dry, fair, acne prone and slightly sensitive. When using this I wake up with soothed, moisturized and radiant skin. It's a great night cream!

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Vegetable Oil, Peanut Oil,Octyl Palmitate,Protopet, Beeswax,Stearic Acid,Myristyl Myristate,Dimethicone,Cetyl Alcohol,Quaternium-60,Sodium Borate,Glycerin,Pollen Extract,Imidazolidinyl Urea,Sodium Benzoate,Propylparaben,Methylparaben, Honey Extract

Update: It is now the end of 2013 and I have not used this moisturiser in years. I do not know what made me stop but one thing is certain and that is that I have not looked back. Since stopping I have cleaned up my skincare routine and I now have a very simple but effective routine. My skin have improved a lot since doing this and I no longer experience the regular breakouts, irritation and dryness that I used to. My perioral dermatitis is also long gone (with the help of antibiothics). For moisture I now use a hyaluronic acid serum by Garden of Wisdom topped with the German Nivea in the blue tin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 8:29:00 AM More reviews by hags101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I agree with the other reviewer. I liked the smell and thick consistency of this product.... until I woke up in the morning with pimples. This does make an excellent eye cream though.