December 18, 2014 | 1769 users online

Polishes - Yves Saint Laurent - Vernis Laque Pur

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this in a red shade in a gift set that came with a glossy stain and a mascara. The nail polish was very easy to apply, not too thick or thin, and held up pretty well. All in all, not too shabby. Would not repurchase due to insanely high price.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by RedHedd

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wanted Bronze Aztec after seeing it in the September Allure, so I hunted it down and picked it up at my local Nordstrom. I was SO excited to try and and as soon as I did I was SO disappointed! The formula is very liquid and a lot gets onto the brush. Trying to wipe some off on the lip of the bottle is not successful. Even then, the application is weird - somewhat gloppy in places and patchy in others. I could not get consistent application.

And while it could be pretty, it doesn't dry smoothly and seems to chip almost instantly, no matter how long I let it dry. I've tried different basecoats and topcoasts and for the most part I'm hugely disappointed in the formula and wear. I will not repurchase a YSL nailpolish.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by courtenayg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I recently bought all the polishes from the new candy line and I have to say, I'm really disappointed. The colours were so beautiful, but the formula is awful! Way too thick, which we all know leads to bubbles and/or streaking and the angled brush is a nightmare. Won't be buying this again. When I feel like splurging on nail polish, you'll find me at Chanel or Dior.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2005 6:43:00 AM More reviews by MademoiselleDior

YSL nail polish are ok. Some of the shades are amazing (esp. #3 & #11). However if you're willing to buy polish this expensive I'd advise to buy Christian Dior nail polish which last much longer. (The Diorific range not the Addict one).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2004 1:53:00 PM More reviews by laurus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was used on me at our school. I cannot recall the shade but it was gorgeous shiny but non shimmery red. While it takes long time to dry it is thick and covers well. It has a great staying power but the brush of the polish is really NOT good. It is awfull so it is really difficult to get nice result especially if you are trying to do it yourself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2004 11:46:00 AM More reviews by tmarie78

I have this in #1, which is really the best classic red nail polish color I've found. This screams old-school glamour, Hollywood in the 30s, "yes, I'm a woman and I'm Chairman of the Board!!!". I love the square bottle and gold cap on top, and the formula is top-quality. If you have been searching for a Holy Grail red nail polish, give this one a try--a deep classic blood red, gorgeous shine but no shimmer, it will never go out of style.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2004 2:15:00 PM More reviews by indysmom

I got this as a gift from my mother in law. Would not normally spend $15 on a bottle of nail polish. Now that I've tried it, it is GREAT stuff. I got it in perfect pink (rose something) put it on 9 days ago and it is only now starting to chip. ALso, it is a beautiful slightly sheer pink-peach color that doesn't leave those funny layer lines when you brush it on. Some of the other sheer polishes need several coats so it all looks even. I would def shell out the money for my next bottle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2004 1:36:00 PM More reviews by Joke

Yves Saint Laurent Vernis is the best! The range of colors is endless. They stay on very very long. The pigment is so rich! They have a very very beautiful bloody red.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2003 7:01:00 PM More reviews by janine100

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this at a duty free shop in Madrid because I had leftover pesetas I had to get rid of. I thought that this was a very pretty deep shimmery red in the bottle and it was a very beautiful color on the nails but this polish not only chipped the same days I would apply it, it also fades very easily!! Pretty to look at but not worth the price IMO.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/12/2002 1:22:00 AM More reviews by PradaPrincess

I recieved a bottle of shade 70 as a gift a year ago. It was a very lovely shade of red with flecks of gold in it.. but apart from that.. it's just like any other nail polish and it has since dried out.