Equate Anti Wrinkle Cream

3.1

on 2/22/2014 2:17:00 AM

Not THE absolute best at moisturizing, but not too bad either. I did feel it made me look more youthful and have purchased it more than once. I wish there was more product in the tube. It just doesn't last long enough.

on 4/16/2011 7:09:00 PM

I am actually mad I thought compare to brands were the same as name brands. I am sorry but the whole point of the brand name anti-wrinke cream is the retinol in it. This only has retinol palmitate (less effective) and its on the bottom of the list (so is it effective at all??!!) Sorry, not even close!! I would rather spend the extra few dollars.

on 4/16/2010 4:55:00 PM

I had to fake rating this product because I haven't tried it. I am only writing to comment on luckylouie's review.
I wondered if there was really a significant difference between retinol and retinyl palmitate. I found out that there isn't.
Here's the info I found on wikipedia: "Retinyl palmitate is also a constituent of some topically-applied skin care products. After its absorption into the skin, retinyl palmitate is converted to retinol, and ultimately to retinoic acid (the active form of vitamin A present in Retin-A)."
So, if you're like me and researching anti-aging products and wondering if the Equate brand is worth a try (to save money), don't let this apparent difference in ingredients put you off.

on 3/23/2010 12:44:00 AM

I bought this product because I was looking for a moisturizer that would help my skin. I have very bad combo skin, dry patchiness in places and oil in others. I'm 34 and have noticed some wrinkles and thought what the heck why not. It was 1/2 the price of the Neutrogena, and WAY cheaper than Loreal and Olay. I've used this product for about a week now and IMPRESSIVE. Like magic. I had really deep creases from squinting above my nose in between my eyebrows, (i'm told some call it an 11) They are barely noticeable now! I can't help to stop and look in every mirror. Really I hated them but thought I was stuck with it, no way was I getting Botox or surgery to relax the muscle. I am soo pleased and surprised at how well this product worked for me! It's worth a try at $6 a tube, maybe it will work some magic for you too!

on 1/22/2010 3:16:00 PM

I logged on to write a review of this product saying how wonderful it is and how I'd buy it again and again, then I read the review below that explains how this product has pro-retinol, not retinol. So, that changes my perspective considerably. I would still rebuy as this cream has made my dry skin beautifully moisturized (glowing, even!) but at my age I'm looking for some real anti-wrinkle benefits. I'll switch to the Neutrogena.

on 10/16/2009 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Ugh. This product is horrible. The scent is over powering, and the product itself made my face burn and break out. I gave it 3 tries, no mixing of products or anything, and the same result each time. I guess that's what I get for trying to go on the cheap.

on 3/25/2009 9:33:00 PM

I really like this cream. On my skin it works better than the Neutrogena. It seems to be more gentle. The Neutrogena brand burns my eyes. I cannot seem to find it lately. I hope it is not discontinued.

on 12/6/2008 12:19:00 PM

I don't disagree with the reviewer below me, but wanted to add my own review and maybe bump this rating up a tiny bit. This product is not all bad. Yes, it's lacking pure retinol but I've been using it for about a month and have had no problems. My skin feels smooth and clear. I looked at the Neutrogena version but just didn't feel like spending twice as much without trying this version first. I said yes to buy again and I might if funds were low. I probably will get the Neutrogena next time though. Try it if you don't want to spend a bundle.

on 5/23/2008 11:53:00 PM

A friend gave this to me raving that it was just like the Neutrogenal Anti-wrinkle cream. Equate Anti-wrinkle cream is a dupe of Neutrogena Anti wrinkle cream. There is, unfortunately, one very big difference. The Equate cream contains retinyl palmitate and the Neutrogena cream contains retinol. Ingredients for both creams.
Equate Anti-Wrinkle Cream - Purified water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Chamomille Extract, Octyl Hydroxystearate, Dimethicone, Retinyl Palmitate, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, Cetearyl Glucoside, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 20, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylbaraben, Diazolidinyl Ureal, Propylene Glycol, BHT, Carbomer.
Neutrogena Anti Wrinkle Cream - Water, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Dimethicone, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Retinol, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, Tocopherol, Cetearyl Glucoside, Tocopheryl Acetate, Polysorbate 20, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, BHT, Carbomer.
As you can see, almost exactly the same, but the active ingredient is RETINOL and only the Neutrogena actually has it. The Equate is a lightweight easily absorbed fragrance free cream that does a decent job as a moisturiser and probably has some skin benefits, but if you want the benefits of retinol you're still going to have to shell out for the Neutrogena, or another cream that actually contains retinol. I have used both of these, and while the Neutrogena evened out my skin tone and made my pores look smaller, the Equate didn't. Whenever you see the words pro-retinol on a tube or in advertising, remember this means that the product contains retinyl palmitate, not retinol.

Popular Moisturizers