October 20, 2014 | 1912 users online

Moisturizers - Sana - NAMERAKA Honpo Soy Milk Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2014 8:04:00 PM More reviews by wenyuzhang88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm pretty devoted to the soy line from Sana because its products feel gentle and moderately priced. I also prefer to use Asian skincare because I feel like it's more tailored to me. A little background on my skin: I have normal, combination skin that is prone to monthly hormonal breakouts, but other than that it is pretty low maintenance.

This milk lotion is the perfect consistency for me. It's like the Goldilocks lotion: not too thin and not too thick but just right. I hate going to bed feeling like I have glazed over my entire face with products. When I use this lotion, it feels thick enough to retain all the wonderful serums and toners I've used but not to the point where it feels sticky.

Conclusion: It doesn't have bells and whistles, but it does what it claims to do. I would recommend this if you have fairly low-maintenance skin and if you want a basic and gentle lotion.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by dylanVoDkAwifey0911

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this stuff about 2 years ago. I use it as a summer moisturiser because it is hydrating but leaves zero residue. It makes my skin feel lovely. I keep touching my face afterwards because it feels so soft. Because of the plant estrogens and skin whiteners in this product, it makes me a little wary everytime I use it. It feels like some of the substances might be a little harmful, so I always avoid my lips and eyes with this stuff. It gets rid of my freckles nicely due to the arbutin. And it lasts forever. I know this is a very odd thing to say, but I have noticed when I use this before bedtime, when I wake up the next day my face looks more symmetrical and 'prettier'. I'm not the only one who has noticed this effect. I seriously wonder if it's the estrogens in this product that do it, or if that's even possible? I also notice my skin feels flushed after a few minutes with this on, not in an allergic way, but as though more blood ostensibly flowing to the surface of my skin. It's seriously weird! Almost like a hot flush lol. It's as though I've been taking HRT. But for that reason, I use this product everyday. It's kind of awesome.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by yuia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the packaging and the very mild smell but that's about it.

This is supposed to be a hydrating lotion so it is quite runny. I used this in autumn when the air was just starting to go dry and cold but I honestly can't say that this left my skin feeling hydrated for long. The final nail in the coffin for me was that it left my skin sticky and shiny; after a few hours, after I woke up in the morning, it didn't go away. While it didn't break me out, it also had no other noticeable effect on my skin.

On the other hand, I used it as a body moisturizer and it worked like a charm so bonus points there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I used the whole line. Very happy with this line. It make my face very soft. I bought mine at Marukai Living in San Diego. I will continue using this line.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by colchester

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Provides a little hydration, tacky, moist feeling, doesn't do much much for long-term nourishment. Best used after shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by tresoxymoron

I love this product. I got the whole set while I was living in Shanghai - facial wash, toner, facial lotion and 4-pack mask. My skin loved it! The cleanser is a tad drying if you are living somewhere cold (I started using the set while experiencing Shanghai winter) but now that I am back in hot and humid Singapore, the cleanser's fine without leaving my skin feeling taut. My skin absorbs the lotion rather quickly too, I was first apprehensive that it would leave a tacky sensation judging from the texture, but after using it, my skin is rather bouncy and moisturised.

Price wise, it was rather cheap for the whole set. In Singapore dollars, the entire set cost me just SGD$52, which is a bargain and I didn't have to use a lot of the cleanser, toner or lotion on each usage.

So I would trust this on its moisturising properties, even though I have sensitive/combination skin that breaks out pretty easily. But after using it for over 2 months, I'm a total convert!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2011 6:28:00 AM More reviews by gooffy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My face reacts to this milk. Guess it is not too suitable for hypersensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 7:01:00 AM More reviews by phoebeY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a good moisturiser,and I have already used up one bottle, and I'm just ready for the second bottle. It's a kind of lotion, so I use it in the night, because it's not as heavy as cream and it never breaks me out with very good moisturising function. However, it doesn't have a SPF, so maybe it's not the right one for daytime.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by storminateacup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. It's SO mild, and it's great for dry skin. I was cautious at first, because I hate having shiny skin, but eventually I thought: oh, sod it, and piled a huge dollop on. I massaged it in for ten seconds, and then left it on my face, even though it was tacky and shiny. I thought I'd just rub off the extra in a couple of minutes. A couple of minutes later, there WAS no extra. It had totally sunk in, and there was no shininess or tackiness: just soft skin. Love love love.

EDIT - don`t like this anymore. It`s not terrible in that it doesn`t break me out, but it also doesn`t help my skin. I realised that using no chemcials at all suits me better, so I`ve ditched this for all-natural products. I chose it because of the soy-base, so that made more sense.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by ScoutJ

Really like this. Strange consistency for a moisturiser: sort of gunky and whilte and a little bit stringy (would make a gross comparison but not going to aha). BUT: very nice on. Hydrating, light and really gentle: I'm at the beginning stages of Retin-A (ow) and it doesn't hurt at all. Prefer to use facial stuff without fragrance and colours etc, so this is really good. Plus pretty cheap: maybe five dollars from my local Japanese beauty shop.