August 28, 2014 | 919 users online

Moisturizers - Sana - NAMERAKA Honpo Soy Milk Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by yuia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like the packaging and the very mild smell but that's about it.

This is supposed to be a hydrating lotion so it is quite runny. I used this in autumn when the air was just starting to go dry and cold but I honestly can't say that this left my skin feeling hydrated for long. The final nail in the coffin for me was that it left my skin sticky and shiny; after a few hours, after I woke up in the morning, it didn't go away. While it didn't break me out, it also had no other noticeable effect on my skin.

On the other hand, I used it as a body moisturizer and it worked like a charm so bonus points there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 9:26:00 PM More reviews by Hoyman

I used the whole line. Very happy with this line. It make my face very soft. I bought mine at Marukai Living in San Diego. I will continue using this line.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by colchester

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Provides a little hydration, tacky, moist feeling, doesn't do much much for long-term nourishment. Best used after shower.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:48:00 PM More reviews by tresoxymoron

I love this product. I got the whole set while I was living in Shanghai - facial wash, toner, facial lotion and 4-pack mask. My skin loved it! The cleanser is a tad drying if you are living somewhere cold (I started using the set while experiencing Shanghai winter) but now that I am back in hot and humid Singapore, the cleanser's fine without leaving my skin feeling taut. My skin absorbs the lotion rather quickly too, I was first apprehensive that it would leave a tacky sensation judging from the texture, but after using it, my skin is rather bouncy and moisturised.

Price wise, it was rather cheap for the whole set. In Singapore dollars, the entire set cost me just SGD$52, which is a bargain and I didn't have to use a lot of the cleanser, toner or lotion on each usage.

So I would trust this on its moisturising properties, even though I have sensitive/combination skin that breaks out pretty easily. But after using it for over 2 months, I'm a total convert!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/19/2011 6:28:00 AM More reviews by gooffy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My face reacts to this milk. Guess it is not too suitable for hypersensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2011 7:01:00 AM More reviews by phoebeY

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a good moisturiser,and I have already used up one bottle, and I'm just ready for the second bottle. It's a kind of lotion, so I use it in the night, because it's not as heavy as cream and it never breaks me out with very good moisturising function. However, it doesn't have a SPF, so maybe it's not the right one for daytime.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2011 5:21:00 PM More reviews by storminateacup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this. It's SO mild, and it's great for dry skin. I was cautious at first, because I hate having shiny skin, but eventually I thought: oh, sod it, and piled a huge dollop on. I massaged it in for ten seconds, and then left it on my face, even though it was tacky and shiny. I thought I'd just rub off the extra in a couple of minutes. A couple of minutes later, there WAS no extra. It had totally sunk in, and there was no shininess or tackiness: just soft skin. Love love love.

EDIT - don`t like this anymore. It`s not terrible in that it doesn`t break me out, but it also doesn`t help my skin. I realised that using no chemcials at all suits me better, so I`ve ditched this for all-natural products. I chose it because of the soy-base, so that made more sense.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by ScoutJ

Really like this. Strange consistency for a moisturiser: sort of gunky and whilte and a little bit stringy (would make a gross comparison but not going to aha). BUT: very nice on. Hydrating, light and really gentle: I'm at the beginning stages of Retin-A (ow) and it doesn't hurt at all. Prefer to use facial stuff without fragrance and colours etc, so this is really good. Plus pretty cheap: maybe five dollars from my local Japanese beauty shop.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2011 7:41:00 AM More reviews by jiaojiao2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product over HK online store, aiming for whitening my face, so I do not have too high expectation on the oil control part. My skin is very easy to get tan in summer once exposed to the sun for a day or two. so i really want to get product that can whitening my skin efficiently. I've used 2 bottles of EL whitening night repairs serums, but still haven't found any change on my skin at all. But only after using this product for 1 week, I see the difference on my skin!!! it's getting white!!! I don't know if it's coz I newly changed to this product and result is effective when first usage? anyway, i found it quite amazing, and the package is pretty cute, but it's kinda hard to get the lotion out coz the bottle is quite hard to squeeze. have to shake hard. It's pretty moisturizing as well, pretty good for summer time, a lilttle bit oily, but I found it okey, just a lil bit oily for a combination skin like me.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 3:39:00 PM More reviews by swtwinniebear

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PROS:
Great Moisturizer for all weather. It is not too thick for the summer, and it is not too light for the winter. If the weather gets drier, I can just lay another layer of more moisturized, and thicker cream on top and my face will not feel too congested or over done.

It is very reasonably priced. I got this at a japanese market for $8 (USD).

You do not need to use a lot each time, so if you are on a budget. This is definitely the moisturizer you should not skip out on.

CONS:
None!

I also have the toner and cream from the same line, but this moisturizer makes me happy the most.