Aveeno Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser

3.5

Active Ingredients Salicylic Acid 2% Inactive Ingredients Cetyl Alcohol, Fragrance, Soybean Seed Extract- Glycine Soja, Menthyl Lactate, Microcrystalline Wax, Polyethylene, Polysorbate 60, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, PPG-15 Stearyl Ether, Steareth-21, Water, Xanthan Gum, Chromium Hydroxide Green

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this about a month ago when my skin was going through its usual autumn/fall hormonal freakout. I was in desperate need of calming and soothing products, so I loaded up my shopping cart with Aveeno Clear Complexion Cream Cleanser, a CeraVe cleanser, and a CeraVe moisturizer (hint: my skin ended up HATING the CeraVe for whatever reason, so I returned those 2 products within a week).

This Aveeno cleanser seemed so promising: I LOVE the creamy texture, the gorgeous scent, the way it feels when I'm lathering it onto face, and the fact that it doesn't dry my face out.

The downsides: my skin never feels deeply clean when I use this, it doesn't really do much for my acne, and after rinsing, it leaves a slight film on my skin. For these reasons, I will not be repurchasing. I've read that others have had better luck with Aveeno's foaming cleanser, so I'm going to try that next! The only reason I didn't go for the foaming cleanser first was because I assumed that a cream cleanser would be more soothing for my skin.

Note: other reviewers have mentioned that there are beads in this cleanser, but I've never felt any kind of beads in it? I just triple-checked on Aveeno's official website that I'm writing a review for the correctly-named product. Maybe there have been multiple versions of this cleanser in the past?

I actually love the foaming version of this, so I was very excited to try this. But I found I don't like it as much. My skin never felt like it got truly clean with this. As a product with salicylic acid in it, you would think it would have kept my breakouts at bay, but no such luck. I'll stick to the foaming version.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Started using this last week along-side their foaming cleanser in the same line, and it's GREAT for body acne, or when your face feels extra yucky.

No awful smell, doesn't dry out the skin, and rinses away very easily!
There's some kinda grittiness within it to help clear your skin from clogged pores but it's very gentle and not loaded with the grit stuff, like other products can do.

Found this on rollback at Walmart, and worth every dime spent!

It's helping in clearing acne from shoulders, above bust, upper back and butt really quick!

I'm totally sold on Aveeno's stuff now.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I hate admitting that I've wasted money so I'm putting it in the shower to use as a body cleanser, even on my feet. That way I will use it up faster and then I will never buy it again. I was looking for a cheap substitute for Laura Mercier's Flawless Face Polish. Turns out this isn't it. The micro beads are maxi beads and I don't like the cream base at all. I would have been better off buying Bobbi Brown's Buffing Grains and adding them to a cleanser I actually like. This isn't the worst thing I've ever used on my face, but it doesn't clear your skin if you are breaking out, and it doesn't soothe irritation either. It does exfoliate, but doesn't even do that as effectively as baking soda. The beads feel too large. I prefer the finer grain of the Laura Mercier exfoliant, and that's the size I was expecting. In trying to save some money, I made a mistake. I have some other products with Salicylic acid, and I don't need this one.

I've always struggled with mild, painful breakouts, and after giving this cleanser 3 months to work on my skin, it has completely cleared it up. I had reached the point that I almost gave up trying new things and just decided to stick to this cleanser and the clear complexion moisturizer just to make my life simplier. I wanted to be lazy with my skincare. I was tired of always buying and trying many different things and to no avail. I was pleasantly surprised that it completely cleared my skin up, and I only experience a pimple or two every now and then. I don't even wear makeup on my skin anymore because I feel confident enough to show it off. This is a great cleanser for acne prone skin, but keep in mind that it usually takes about 2 months to really see results. Also, there was an inital breakout for me, but my skin freaks out anytime I try something new anyway.

I have used this cleanser for over a year now. I cannot even tell you how many times I repurchased this product. I have sensitive, combination skin. This product does not make me break out or irritate my skin. It keeps my face moisturized. Although it doesn't control my oily t-zone I wouldn't not repurchase this product for that reason. Great cleanser!

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After going through a horrible phase of acne, I was acne-free (except for the odd pimples) for a few years. A couple of weeks ago, however, I started breaking out on my forehead (probably because it was exam time so I had excess caffeine and was sleep deprived). To tackle this, I wiped my face with Triple Clean Noxzema pads then washed it with this Aveeno cleanser every night. This is my first time using the cleanser and so far I like it a lot; it smells really nice and the beads feel nice. The only thing I noticed was that it doesn't "bubble" or "get soapy" when I lather my hands together which makes it harder to apply, but it's a minor thing. Overall, the acne on my forehead has cleared up and my skin looks even better than before!

This is my holy grail of moisturizers!! I have been using this moisturizer for about 2 years now and nothing has even came close to being as good as this one. It's very moisturizing yet doesn't feel heavy or greasy whatsoever! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone! :) it's a little pricey for a drugstore moisturizer but it lasts a while (I only use a pump or 2 a day)

This is my new favorite cleanser. I don't know why there are so many bad reviews. Aveeno Products are amazing there very gentle on skin. I have moderate acne and this is a perfect simple cleanser foam with some medicated formula to help fight acne. It smells nice, its foamy I only use two pumps for my face. I've been looking for a natural simple cleanser with not a lot of harsh chemicals and I have found it. I'm so happy. Def will be repurchasing. :)

UDATE: Dry's my skin so much and makes it so tight after every wash, def not gentle for sensitive skin. Stopped using it and now use Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash and so far its better does not make my skin dry and tight.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Pros: this cleanser left my face feeling sooo good!!! It really does help even out your skin tone, and the exfoliating beads are gentle. I love love love the texture! It goes on so smoothly, and causes no irritation. It is perfect for sensitive skin. Cons: I used this for three months and found it doesn't deep clean, so I wouldn't recommend to anyone with serious acne. I ended up not buying it again because I think my skin got too use to the gentle product and my t-zone started to break out again.