Escada Moon Sparkle

Escada Moon Sparkle
Moon Sparkle

3.9

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

BERRIES, yum! not sickly sweet like celebrity fragrances

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

This lacks the sharpness of some of the other Escada scents. It goes on like juicy, synthetic and sweet berries with cream. I say synthetic but I don't mean it in a derogatory sense. I'm sure we all accept Escada won't be using the most expensive and natural ingredients, and I don't think we mind that.
I can see the connection with Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy, but this is gentler and less brash. It's really lovely, actually, if you like berries, but it's frustratingly fleeting. Moon Sparkle does attach to clothes if you're prepared to nuzzle.
I like berry scents, and have worn several from right across the market - Midnight Fantasy, Philosophy Unconditional Love, Philosophy Falling in Love, Trish No.9, L'Artisan Mure et Musc and for something a bit rosy and green, Diptyque L'ombre dans L'eau. This one is just as well done as anything else (well, with the exception of the last two which are fairly splendid), but the lasting power is disappointing.
A not-so-cheap thrill, then.

on 2/17/2011 11:29:00 PM

I'm super sensitive to scents and can't wear most perfumes w/o getting a headache or feeling kind of allergic. This one is more fruity than floral, so it doesn't bother me. I turned my mom on to it, too and she used to hate all perfume, saying they just made her head hurt. I found this product description when looking up what scents were in it: A fruity floral fragrance with sparkling strawberry and red apple notes. Top notes consist of strawberry, blackcurrant, citrus cocktail, red apple. Middle notes include sweet pea, freesia, jasmine, rose and base notes have raspberry, musky, sandalwood, and dry ambery notes. I agree with the description, but please don't think this is an overly floral or musky fragrance. I find it light, and casual, more fruit forward than anything else.

on 12/30/2009 4:31:00 AM

A very sparkly and "peppy" scent, almost teeny bopperish. Very sweet. Much too irritatingly sweet UNLESS you layer it on top of something more sophisticated. Try Vera Wang or something "old"ish. It is SO beautiful together. Only thing annoying is the bottle is tapered at the bottom and keeps tipping over.

on 5/10/2009 10:27:00 PM

Smells great.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I ordered 7 Escada knock off oils off of Blujay. I was especially looking forward to the Moon Sparkle since I already tried the fragrance before.
I ordered Island Kiss, Ibiza Hippie, Pacififc Paradise, Sunset Heat, Sexy Graffiti(the oils only cost $5 each). I didn't get the hype about the other ones..but my best friend and her mother loves them....and they all smelled almost identical to me..only the Moon Sparkle stuck out ot me..and it's the the only one I kept. To me it smells like (mostly) pineapple. I just ordered the Tropical Punch (sample) out of curiousity.
Update: now that i smell it again, I smell..strawberries and raspberries. Pineapple?!..what was i thinking?

on 3/16/2009 8:43:00 PM

I really like moon sparkle it has a nice strawberry and berry scent but lasting power is weak so I returned my gift set and I bought Magnetism and I didn't like Magnetism at first but I think it is smelling good and it lasts, probly the best from the Escada line of fragrances.

on 2/17/2009 3:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

OMG I LOOVE this scent. I can definitely smell blueberry, and I've actually been searching for a blueberry scent. I just happened to see this and sniffed it, and I had to have it.
It's not 100% different than many of the other fruity scents out there, but it does seem to have something in it that others don't - not sure what it is - maybe the blueberry, but I love it.

I think the color of the bottle is gorgeous as well, the shape isn't too spectacular, but the color is very pretty, and it looks cute on my perfume tray with all my other bottles.

on 12/23/2008 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I like this perfume! I'm not usually one for fruity smells...but this has just the right amount of sweetness. Light & fruity...I definitely detect raspberry and something about it reminds me of licorice too. This is light enough to wear to the office and around town...but also smells nice & sweet on a night out. The only drawback to me is the bottle. The bottom is very small compared to the rest of the bottle...and very easy to knock over.

on 12/1/2008 8:20:00 AM

This is so sweet and I love it. Candy sweet, blueberry and raspberry are strong. This scent instantly put a smile on my face, would love to have a bottle of this. I did notice that if faded rather quickly off my skin, would have to reapply often.. Lovely bottle too

Popular Fragrances