MAC Matte2 - Brown Script

MAC Matte2 - Brown Script

4.8

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I just bought this yesterday and I already love it. Bad timing, huh? It's being discontinued and I can't figure out why. This color is absolutely stunning as a crease color or "v" color on brown eyes. It literally makes brown eyes look richer. I put this with in the "v" and crease with All That Glitters, but I bet this would look gorgeous with golds, greens, blues and even purples. I used a small fluffy brush and had no problems with blending. It is very pigmented, so, as many have said, a little goes a long way. This is a unique brown in Mac's collection. It is not Swiss Chocolate, nor Embark. It is warm and rich. For WOCs, like myself, this is our Soft Brown. Hey, Mac! Bring it back!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

How on earth does this shadow not have more reviews when Makeup Geek cocoa bear is so popular? This is the original and the best. It's been duped by mug cocoa bear and Anastasia sienna and Morocco (who are they kidding, they are the same shadow). But Brown Script is the best. The matte2 formula is phenomenal. It's a gorgeous rich red brown. Jaclyn Hill has an old tutorial using this for a warm smokey eye and it's beautiful. Brown Script on the lid with Red Brick and Rule in the crease. I also love Brown Script in the crease with anything very cool or yellow on the lid. For example Makeup geek preppy (yellow baby poop color) or Anastasia Mustard on the lid with this in the crease. Or Urban Decay verve on the lid with this in the crease. I also love it with pinks like expensive pink or naked lunch.

To Read all 53 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Brown Script is a super pigmented orangey brown shade. I absolutely love this in the crease or built up a bit more in the outer corner of my eye. I only take a little bit on my brush at a time as it's super pigmented and it's quite easy to go over the top with it. The texture is buttery and it blends like a dream. Gorgeous.

This is my holy grail eyeshadow!!! I have brown eyes & this makes them go from boring poopy brown to a pretty bright brown, no joke.

When I first got it, I only got it because a lot of MUA on IG would use it & recommend. I was new to makeup at that time but I wanted to explore. I found it hard to use/like at first being one of the first eye-shadows I ever bought from MAC. But now there isn't one look I don't use it in. Sometimes I just use it alone.

I am medium skin, about NC35 & this goes super well on me. Easy to blend. It's like a coppery brown that is very rich in color. I tend to stick to neutral colors like golds, beige's, & browns. I lovelovelove this eyeshadow.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I love this color. It's a gorgeous, matte, russet brown that is extremely versatile. When I was dying my hair auburn I used it for my brows with amazing results. It's highly pigmented, but does take some work to blend as per usual with MAC mattes. Its also vivid whether you use primer or not. It's a truly unique color, not one you're likely to find in a drugstore brand. Works well as a transition and blend out shade. It's not really one you'd want to wear on its own.

on 1/27/2015 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Love love love love looove this. I really can't stress enough what a perfect shade this is for us tanner (warmer) girls looking for a reddish brown shadow. Very pigmented

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

out of all of my eyeshadows I hit pan with Brown Script more than every other color. I use it as a transition and it allows me to wear any color I want without looking crazy.

on 10/20/2014 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I'm shade NC50 and use it in the creases of my eyes. It's the only eye shadow brand I use as other brands give me an allergic eye reaction. I bought it because it compliments FORMAT blush.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Perhaps the most used brown e/s in my collection, works amazing on WOC. I normally use it as a transition color but I've also used it for cheek contour. The thing that I really like about this particular shade is that its undertones can vary due to the person's skin undertones. I've found that while it has a tendency to go red on me (NW43) I'll use it on an NC42 and it goes orange. Great pigmentation with various uses!

This shadow is pigmented and is more of a brick-red. Unfortunately, blending it can be a bit of a chore... and I really struggle to blend it evenly. Not something I would repurchase.

Video Reviews & Tutorials