Dior lip maximizer

Dior lip maximizer

4.1

on 11/19/2016 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I got this product wanting to have a plump look to my lips which did not look fake or give me the 'duck lips' effect. This product definitely works. My lower lips are a good size however I have thin upper lips and I have seen HUGE improvement in my upper lips in the 3 days I have used this. They are more plump looking however natural. This means the lines are still very much there and still naturally dry looking so it is very hard to say I use a lip plumping gloss.

Another pro I have to say is that this product does not have a painful 'tingle'. The feeling I can describe as close as the 'cool' feeling you get after brushing your teeth with a strong minty toothpaste. It feels cool and fresh. This is in comparison to the Sally Hansen one and Too Faced lip injection extreme which have an uncomfortable (read irritating - literally) 'tingle'. This also has a minty smell to it which again is better than the other two mentioned earlier; as the other two made me feel sick.

I must say that you cannot go into it expecting to look like you have had 1 mL of substance injected into your lips sort of effect but it definitely does help give a natural plumpness to your lips. This is afterall a lip gloss and only so much it can do without making immediate drastic changes. Having said this it is a pro that you can control how much more plump you want your lips to look by adjusting how often you use it. This can work to an advantage that changes happen quick enough to please the user but slow and naturally enough to not let the user's 'secret' out (that they have used an enhancer).

Bottom line: This product works and works well. It is worth the price, packaging is pleasant and even the experience of having it on lips is pleasant. I would definitely repurchase this item.

on 8/24/2016 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is an overpriced lip gloss. While it is moisturizing, tingly, and lasts for hours, it doesn't leave a long-lasting plumping effect. After several hours, your lips will either become normal again or dry. The container is beautiful but when you are about to run out, it is annoying to scrape the product from the corners out. I think the buxom lip glosses are an excellent alternative. They are also moisturizing, temporarily plump, last for hours, tingle for a longer period of time, cost less, and have a bigger color selection.

on 7/14/2016 11:51:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Very disappointed with this product, after applying it I didn't notice any difference, it didn't made my lips plump or bigger, it is just a colourless lip gloss but very sticky I found it uncomfortable and it gives a tingling sensation I didn't like either, total waste of money!

on 7/9/2016 7:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

The color is a very pretty baby pink, but it goes on quite sheer, with just a hint of color. It makes your lips very shiny.

The product gives your lips a tingly feeling after you apply. This feeling lasts for ? 30mins max. I really cannot say I have noticed a difference in the size of my lips after I use this.

It's $49, which in in opinion is quite steep for a lip gloss.

After going through 3 of these, I could never convince myself I saw a difference.

I bit the bullet and got lip fillers instead, which for me was a better choice (it's lasted close to a year, and there actually is a noticeable difference in the size of my lips - and no, in most people it doesn't last this long) - although I can understand not everyone wants the risk of needles.

So my advice is, if you have a few extra bucks and are willing to experiment, go ahead and try it. The worst case scenario is that you have purchased a pricey, shiny lip gloss. But don't buy it expecting real results.

on 6/27/2016 7:04:00 AM

THIS PRODUCT IS SO EXPENSIVE holy mother of Nature. That is my big con when it comes to this product. But you know what? I will still repurchase it, somehow.

+ Even though I got small milia-like things on my lips after using this, I don't mind at all because it gives me huge lips. It's really noticeable.
(- If you have sensitive lips, you might not like it as it gives milia and pimples, but I'm a very YOLO person, so.)
+ It contains collagen which is most likely why my lips are in the best shape ever.
+ Subtle pink tone to it, goes on see through the though and can be layered either before or after another colour and give plumping effect.
+ Stylish and luxurious package, also easy to travel with. (Usually I don't care about packaging when it comes to hair- or skincare but if it's stuff I bring with me on a daily basis, then it is.)
+ A little covers a lot.
+ Lasting power is a few hours at the very least. Gloss disappears first but lip size remains.
+ Ugh, it's perfect. First and only Dior product ever (I usually keep to drugstore I products) and I will forever and ever repurchase it, unless a great dupe comes along.

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

It's a very good lip gloss. With the name lip maximizer, I can tell that it can make the lips look enriched.

The color is light and natural. Very lovable. And it gives good moisture.

Good combination with the Dior Addict Lip Glow Color Reviver Balm, but I just can't remember to use it even if I use the Balm qutie often.

I bought the dual pack at the duty free shop in the airport. Much cheaper than buying them individually - I won't probably buy this one if it's not in the pack with the Balm.

on 5/16/2016 1:14:00 AM

I love this gloss SO much! It's my HG daily go to gloss.

Pink 001 is the perfect sheer pink color that reminds me of an early 2000s Paris Hilton. It really does a lot to plump up my not so luscious lips with a minty tingle. It has a thick - but not sticky texture - and stays for a long while. It smooths my lips too.

It's not gonna give you Kylie Jenner lips, but it will make your lips look the best they can!

on 5/10/2016 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

In the summer of 2013, some wacko engine in my brain wanted me to destroy my face with lip surgery - I mean, Emanuelle Beart was confortable in ruining her most-beautiful-woman-of-the-world status with face surgery, why shouldn't I? - a thought I still can't explain, maybe it was just for insecurity (the Kylie trend was still far away), even if everybody complimented me for my nice, thick lips. Anyway. As soon as I asked my partner for an opinion, he laughed so hard he still reminds it and makes jokes about it. Men aren't the best for giving suggestions - he calls my eyeliner "foundation", my blush "foundation", my mother "foundation" - but he was objectively right of making fun of me for this fantasy I was having.
So I tried to find an alternative on google and discovered the existence of the so-called lip plumpers. I browsed many charts of the best products, and this one was recurring at the first place. So I ran at the first perfumery on my way that sold luxury items, and got this for about 25 euros. It's still the highest price I've ever paid for a make up item - 25 euros might sound as for free compared to some high end products reviewed on MUA, but I've never been fond of expensive make up because the expiration date makes me paranoid, and I do my make up only about 3-4 days a week so it's really pointless.
Anyway. I started wearing it daily and, amazingly, my lips were at least 20% more plumped. Not kidding, I wouldn't say a lie in a review for the benefit of other readers. Used for another week, the plump was even more noticeable. I was FLOORED. The effect was also so natural that the dryness and the lines were still there (if I discontinued the daily use. It is very hydrating), but the general appearance was the best I could ever hope for. And for 25 euros, I'd call it a miracle. I stopped fantasizing about lip injections because I had a total control on my lips 'growing', the result was natural, it lasted enough (the effect lasted about a full week). The plumping was there to stay, at least temporarily. Of course you can get an instant result with a single application, but I mean, you can even develop it! This is black magic!
But...why did I discontinued this? Well, I simply and straight hate glosses. I'm for matte everything, so the slightest shimmer is the hugest no for me. I have long hair and it stucks all the time. Brrrrrrr.

SO, in short:

PRO: true and lasting effect, affordable price, instant improvement
CONS: it's a gloss......maybe just a small percentage of MUA readers find this a con, but in my opinion it's terrible.

It expired last year but I still use it sometimes with 100% results, when I need an instant improvement for a special occasion.

Well done Dior!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Update: I actually do think this works! Ive been using it regularly and my lipline hasnt changed obviously but I do feel that my lips look plumper within my natural lip. I think this is probably due to intense moisturizing since it is soooo hydrating and thats mainly why I use it. I also like this over other plumpers because it doesnt turn my lips really red, so it looks super natural.

I am fairly new to this product so I will try to update after using this for a while. I think it might actually work (lol). First of all, this does NOT have the stinging feeling of most lip plumpers (I'm looking at you, Too Faced Lip Injection!). It's a very minty feeling, but still has that "it's working" sense to it. I never have an issue with the stinging but I do notice a lot of people complain about it, so this may be better. That said, it does seem to plump lips within the natural lip lines. I think a lot of people think they're going to get lip injections in a bottle but this does what it says - plumps lips within the natural contours. It' very hydrating and I definitely noticed a difference soon after putting it on. I dont know about it being long effects because I apply my lip products throughout the day, but it's definitely very hydrating. I think the important thing is to read the description and take it literally - it pretty much says it will make your lips look plumper because they'll be hydrated and smooth. Worth a try, the price tag is a bit steep (28 at Sephora). I intentionally buy products I am unsure about at Sephora because they accept returns and I wont have to worry about being stuck with an expensive product that didnt deliver (No, I am not one of those serial returners trying to return totally used up products!). I'll try to update after I've used this longer.

Beautiful package (like every Dior lip product!), vanilla-mint smell (that I love).
I've been using it for 3 weeks, every night before bed, and I already notice my lips changing - the contour is getting "bigger", and my lips are more defined and plumped!
The only bad thing about it is the price...a bit too expensive! But I'd buy it again anyway :)