PENHALIGON'S Lily & Spice

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

on 9/29/2010 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Lily is one of my favorite flowers ever, so as you can imagine I have all sorts of lilies planted in front of my house.
I had recieved a sample of this fragrance about 2 years ago, I smelled and and thought it was nice but could not decide if I really wanted it, was it worth getting a full bottle. So I put the sample away and forgot all about it. Then the weather got warm and my beautiful lilies started to bloom and the scent was making me crazy, I mean I wanted to bathe in them. And I kept on thinking there must be a perfume out there that smells exactly like this. So after the lilies petals fell of and the scent was gone I went on a crazy search threw all my samples, and there it was. I came across Lily and Spice and knew I had to have it. It smells JUST LIKE A LILY. It's lushious, delicate, ethereal. I am on my 2nd bottle. I wear it in the fall so that it reminds me of how my lilies smell and it instantly makes me feel great.

on 12/13/2009 9:38:00 PM

With an order of full bottles of Sacrebleu and Le Temps d'Une Fete, both by Parfums de Nicolai, I asked Naz at the Perfume Shoppe in Vancouver BC to pick out samples to send me, given what she knows about my taste, and this was one of them. I love it. I am extremely tempted to buy a full bottle, but am holding back, as yet, because of the poor lasting power on me vs price. However, I like it so much, that it is unlikely I will be able to hold out for long. I go back and back to the sample of Lily and Spice and it is only half gone - I love the large 1.5 ml samples that Penhaligon's gives. I also so appreciate reading other's descriptions of scents. "Pennypencil" wrote an excellent review about this one. I am hoping to develop skill in articulating these fine distinctions by buying samples and smelling as I read other's descriptions. I think one of the things I like about Lilly and Spice is the high, almost sharp and spicy, white flower note that is so similar to the narcissis in Le Temps D'Une Fete. To me, they are equally complex, interesting and truly lovely. It does seem, though, that while both might be worn with equal comfort by more mature women, that Lily and Spice is more likely to be enjoyed by younger women, as well. They are both very feminine fragrances.

Popular Fragrances